E3 Three Houses (Nintendo Direct) Info Thread

52 minutes ago, Tamanoir said:

Though for the ones that didn't follow all the news like us, it wasn't actually that big of a trailer.
If you barely know those guys, or know how they lived, why should you even care about the time skip ?

Was this trailer just for the fan ? I'm fine with it, but it's a strange choice.

Because I don't like straight school settings.  This shows me that there's more to the game than that.  Thank goodness.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

School settings are done to death in Japanese fiction and it's hard to stand out among them.

As someone who consumes fiction of Japanese origin through anime, manga, video games and novels (at one point that one) thank goodness. Before isekai, magic high school (or really any kind of school setting) fiction in the industry ran rampant. Those 2 genres are if battle royale in video gaming were ramped up 1000%

Edited by redlight

Welp, Fire Emblem is first in line tomorrow. Let's all go to our european beds.

Edit: That is a lot of ninjas

Edited by Cysx

I'm good with this trailer being all we see of the time skip before release tbh. Hopefully Treehouse just shows the monastery and some early chapters. Looking forward to it either way!

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

The more I watch the trailer the more I think that white haired Byleth isn't a custom hair colour and is actually some kind of change through time - as at the end of the trailer Byleth's hair sorta changes from green to white in that burst of light. 

I actually don't think that's white hair. As a connoisseur of pretty white haired anime boys.. I think that's more of a green. Like, a lighter Sothis or Rhea green. Interesting if that's the case, and interesting if it's not because that means I get my white haired anime boy fanclub badge revoked for not correctly identifying one. ):

2 minutes ago, ArsSanctum said:

It should be 12 pm EST tomorrow. Please correct me if I am wrong.

. . .well shit.  Thanks for the info.

Y'all behave yourselves, because it's stupid o'clock in my time zone.

1 minute ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

It should start the same time as the Direct did today.

No, I believe it starts 3 ours earlier but I am not so sure. 

Also where did you find that Dimitri art? 

Edited by SuperNova125

Yeah, since the direct stated at 12 EST, the next Treehouse might start around then too. Which is unlucky for me, as I'll be at work around then.

Edit: Yep, 9 AM PT.

Edited by Calico

I was waiting all day to see Fire Emblem coverage, but there isn't any today. Hopefully this means there will be more Fire Emblem time since it's going to be shown on a different day, but that's probably wishful thinking. Hype has been deflated since it's tomorow instead of today, but I'm believing that Three Houses is gonna be a good game. (Please don't be like Fates, where pre-release stuff looked amazing but the actual game was dissapointing...)

That aside, "leak information" may want to be put in spoiler tags. Not everyone has read up on the leaks or wants to know anything about them, whether they are true or not.

1 minute ago, User name said:

I wonder with class change, can you re-class Time skip lords back in their noble class, will they have their older looks?

Maybe they'll just have their generic looks as their new Noble model; and their character model in general updates with facial and bodily changes. I suspect at least Edel; Dimitri and Claude may have unique classes they start as post timeskip tho.

Sad there's no Three Houses at Treehouse today, but this short trailer was enough to satisfy me (and keep me busy for hours XD).

Anyway, here's my analysis. Hope it's useful.

https://serenesforest.net/2019/06/11/three-houses-e3-2019-nintendo-direct-analysis/

Feel free to ping me if I said something stupid or forgot something.

Somewhat happy about the timeskip, but I'm hoping certain other leak stuff is false. I am cautiously hyped and optimistic. Not sure I like Edelgard's post-timeskip design. Claud is okay and Dimitri... I like it and I also don't. What happened to that poor boy???