E3 Three Houses (Nintendo Direct) Info Thread

17 minutes ago, Calico said:

The press releases have been saying that the games are split into two parts, the pre-and post timeskip segments, with no mention of time travel. If traveling through time was a major part of the game I think they'd have mentioned it by now.

I know what you mean, but the first cutscene we saw from the game literally involved rewinding time after a ruffian attack. Sothis is a central character and has timey-wimey powers that let you undo turns, so it's not a big stretch to think the game could escalate those ideas with time travel.

Anyway, I'm surprised that no one's been really talking about how much Byleth's hair color clashes with his outfit:

008-white-byleth.jpg

Really light green doesn't go well together with black. Maybe Byleth will get a less clashing outfit post-timeskip? And if everyone's getting a new timeskip appearance, F!Byleth could get a better outfit too. Not sure how I feel about seeing the post-timeskip appearances of the other students (I think I'd rather just see them in the game and be surprised), but I want to see Byleth's timeskip appearance. Which hopefully isn't the same, but with light green hair.

I actually like it! I mean black is a neutral tone and the main complementary color there is the light red or pink details on the armor, which goes great with light green. We've seen that with Tiki's design, and those colors might actually be an intentional homage or hint to the character's background.

But if your main problem is with the black then maybe the whole outfit should be red and pink

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Never really implied Awakening's instances of it were bad.  I did say they were idealistic, but that was more to respond to this notion that FE being idealistic is a new thing, 'cuz it really isn't.

When I talk about bad usage of time travel, I'm thinking more when writers have written themselves into a corner and need time travel to make things progress, or when they use it simply as a deus ex machina.  I'd classify the fears surrounding it - the idea that "route four" would just be you going back in time to prevent everything bad from happening - as something of a deus ex machina unless the conflict was actually resolved properly in the other three story branches.  Or if it's like Revelation where you're presented with different possibilities and then they're just like, "okay, but now here's the good ending," and make you question why you'd even want the other endings.

That’s fair enough I suppose and I apologize for jumping to conclusions. Though I think the idea with revelations is more so “finding the truth” rather than just a “golden ending” I mean it’s called “revelations” as in “revealing the truth” so the other two endings being unsatisfactory can be seen as actual good writing cause that’s the point cause in those cases you didn’t find the “truth” as it were so you aren’t rewarded by the narrative. You uncovered a piece of the truth but not all of it. Those are just my two cents anyway 

Edited by Ottservia

For what it's worth, this article here emphasizes over and over again the story is split into two parts between "Academy" and "War", and that your class selection in the Academy section will determine your path in the War section.
https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/81fb5b76-8b57-11e9-b641-063b7ac45a6d.html

I'm going off a very rough translation here, but it also explicitly mentions that the three lords are now the respective leaders of their nations, and that all of the students will be receiving new timeskip designs.

45 minutes ago, Lynsanity said:

I actually like it! I mean black is a neutral tone and the main complementary color there is the light red or pink details on the armor, which goes great with light green. We've seen that with Tiki's design, and those colors might actually be an intentional homage or hint to the character's background.

But if your main problem is with the black then maybe the whole outfit should be red and pink

I think my central problem is that Byleth's hair is such an ugly limeade shade of green that I don't think it goes well with anything. I just really prefer the original blue color in comparison:

Switch_FireEmblem-3Houses_description-ch

Also, I'm not really a fan of Tiki's design either. I think her color palette makes her look like a watermelon.

But idk, maybe the limeade hair will grow on me.

My best guess when it comes to Sothis' line about both sides of time being revealed is that Byleth will be shown the truth of what happened ages ago with Seiros and Nemesis etc., instead of any time travelling between the two parts.

Interesting note: The Black Beast artwork shows this crest on the Beast's nose.              FLfJEVf.jpg

Spoiler

Switch_FireEmblemThreeHouses_E3_artwork_

If this artwork shows the same beast from the Feb Trailer, then is this crest confirmed as the Crest of Gautier? Depends if all beasts share this Crest, or only that specific one from the trailer.

Edited by Lord_Grima

I'm still surprised that the trailer was only 1:39 minutes long. It certainly felt longer the first time I watched it. Anyway, some thoughts and observations:

- It looks like the leak was true after all. Or at least, a majority of it has been confirmed so far.

- A fire emblem lord has a beard! In their own game!

- With people burning to death and random buildings being bombarded with fire spells, Dmitri sporting an eyepatch, the monastery appearing to be destroyed, and so on, they're really not hiding that this game will be dark (granted, every game in the series is dark in its own way, but they tend to do so with varying amounts of subtlety).

- The school dance is confirmed! Or it could just be Edelgard and Dmitri dancing. Also, it's hard to tell if they're wearing different outfits or not. I don't think so, but then again, we don't have a good angle of the rest of their body in that scene.

- Dmitri has dirt on his face twice. Considering that the game has "blood" featured in its ESRB rating, I'm curious if the color will be different in the game itself (and/or if it will be dependent on if there is a blood: on/off option), or if it's just symbolic of either blood or the hardship he's going through.

- It appears that someone gets chocked to death. They appear to be female, and... is that a tail?

Spoiler

3UmuLScbpZvwG-3BqJ0p9Y3lTI9mOysQtJjhpSnjU19H9lkusGfVaW3aEc4OyyMenisHzU7cSFzwFQ4VeJsXr6Bo0LfHclI3fQeYr2ivFUvQr8Gqdp6Fzi-OZAH-x9M7XNx4mP0i

While I'm placing bets that it's a Manakete, we could be also be getting shapeshifters again. It's definitely not a shape we've seen before.

- Looks like the lady we saw in the reveal trailer knows how to fight, and as others have pointed out, the sword she uses appears in a later scene with Edelgard as the wielder.

- The legendary weapons being made out of a dragons bones is a unique choice for the series, and they appear to have capitalized on it by making each weapon come from a different part of the body. While the Falchions may have been carved from Naga's teeth, it would be difficult to assume that at first glance, while in Three Houses it's noticeable immediately.

- The flame emperors mask is broken, so they probably won't be the big bad of the game (probably. It is possible that they stop hiding their identity after being revealed, while still being the main villain).

- I'm getting vibes that Claude will be the character with the least amount of personal baggage in the main story (supports and side content are a different matter), and he will try to reunite old friends and stop the conflict. I'm placing bets that his path will be the brightest one of the three (or four) routes, but there will still have its fair share of tragedy and deceit along the way.

- Someone gets revived from the dead, and their arms appear to be in surprisingly good condition. Either they haven't been dead for long, or resurrection magic in Three Houses doesn't turn people into zombies.

- Byleth has light green hair. While this could mean that customization is back to some degree beyond choosing gender, does anyone else think that it could be the result of Blyeth becoming better at using Sothis's abilities? That a possible side effect of working together is that their physical appearance changes? Too early to say for certain, but it's an interesting thought.

- Some people have brought up that Sothis's line about seeing "both sides of time" means that time travel will be in play. To throw out a different theory, it could actually be a variant of MK9's diverging timeline, where Raiden gets visions from his future self, and tries to prevent Shao Khan from reigning victorious. Despite Raidens attempts, certain events in that game either playing out similarly to the previous timeline, are altered but not necessarily for the better, and certain unrelated details show that the timelines are already different from each other (Reptile being a normal kombatant instead of a hidden character is such an example). In a similar vein, Byleth sends their memories of the events of the story to his younger self (hopefully without being ambiguous and/or about to die while doing so), who decides to join a different house (or route, if the leaks about Edelgaurd having more than one is true). Despite their attempts, certain events play out similarly even when trying to prevent them, things are altered but not necessarily for the better, and the context for certain battles is different depending on which house you picked, even if you fight in it all the same.

--As a bit of a twist to the idea above, Sothis could be talking about the player knowing about the different perspectives of the story while Byleth still only knows one per playthrough.

- While I have doubts that child units will be a thing considering the backlash from Fates, there's nothing saying that the characters didn't have children during the 5 year time skip. Placing bets now that at least one map will have them will being taken hostage to add an extra challenge.

- I am curious how blood will be used in this game. I blame Mount and Blade for getting me curious about what a Fire Emblem with blood would look like, but ever since the ESRB rating was shown, I can't help but wonder if Nintendo simply hasn't shown it off yet because every trailer featuring Three Houses has been in a Direct meant for all ages.

- While it does appear that the school section of the gameplay will come to pass at some point, remember that the Famitsu screenshots showed that we will still be spending years there. It is very possible that the Monastery will be generous time limit before the time skip occurs to train several units as we see fit. This means that you have to prioritize about what role each character will play, but you still have time to experiment and recover from some trail-and-error. Combine this with how long the timeskip section will be, and we may have one of the longest, if not thee longest, Fire Emblem game yet.

Edited by Hawkwing
Fixed a few spelling errors and added two points.

So something I noticed about 34 seconds into the trailer is that large shadow on the top right of the explosion. It really looks like some sort of dragon or possibly a wyvern. And thanks to the leak we 

Spoiler

we’re lead to believe that Claude was going to get a wyvern. So it seems that the leak might have some truth to it 

35 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm kind of curious if there will be more legendary weapons beyond the 4 we have so far.

Since in some games, it's not necessarily just protagonists that get them.

Spoiler

Well the leak mention each noble house with a crest will get one but used by others its not affiliated with will have "dire consequences" at least how I believe its said since the grammar in it is a mess. 

1 hour ago, Lord_Grima said:

Interesting note: The Black Beast artwork shows this crest on the Beast's nose.              FLfJEVf.jpg

Hide contents

Switch_FireEmblemThreeHouses_E3_artwork_

If this artwork shows the same beast from the Feb Trailer, then is this crest confirmed as the Crest of Gautier? Depends if all beasts share this Crest, or only that specific one from the trailer.

Weird thing is that this crest appeared at te end of the second trailer with some dark energy. But, the beasts could gain several crests so Gautier might be completely unrelated to this beast. 

Another thing I thought was that romance becomes way "better" and more accptale after the timeskip for me at least. Lysethea for example during the school segment of the game I believe is 15 or somewhere near that but post timeskip she will be 20, so all romancing options get older and since they aren't your students anymore and they call you teacher possibly due to the position you once held, I feel that one of my major questions/problems about the game got solved. You can date full grown adults. 

I don't know if anyone pointed it out and if it is important, but I just read the analysis by @VincentASM (thank you for that) and instead of a "fell stone" both the German and French version use translations for a "fell star". I think it changes the connections to that phrase a little.

If someone already pointed it out, then I am sorry. 😅

3 minutes ago, DuckPhoenix said:

I don't know if anyone pointed it out and if it is important, but I just read the analysis by @VincentASM (thank you for that) and instead of a "fell stone" both the German and French version use translations for a "fell star". I think it changes the connections to that phrase a little.

Thanks, that's very helpful.

It's hard for me to hear sometimes, especially when there is a lot of sound effects and stuff ^^

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I'm interested to see how the rest of the Blue Lions will interact with Dimitri after his "change". Will they try and sway him from going completely ham and fail or?

Nah, it will be the opesate.

Annette: "Do it You Pus***!  I wanna see some red in this B****!"

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I'm interested to see how the rest of the Blue Lions will interact with Dimitri after his "change". Will they try and sway him from going completely ham and fail or?

I mean, if whatever bad thing happens, not only happens to Dimitri but to all of Faerghus, then they might be completely behind him. (except for the ones you can recruit of course).

4 minutes ago, Relick_ said:

I mean, if whatever bad thing happens, not only happens to Dimitri but to all of Faerghus, then they might be completely behind him. (except for the ones you can recruit of course).

My guess is that Dimitri's trauma and whatever happens to him results in him being a ruthless ruler; but I don't get how much power he actually has; as they've confirmed while Edelgard is Empress and Claude leads the Alliance; Dimitri is still just the Prince of Faerghus.

2 hours ago, DuckPhoenix said:

Huh ? I read the french trailer after you mentioned that (shame on you, I actually hoped that we'd have french voices 😛), and the subtitles said it was ''L'astre maléfique"... I mean, an astre can be a star, but it can actually refer to any other celestial body.
I mean yeah, the direct google translation say that astre is star but... you know ?

Huh, imagine if it's actually an entire planet or the freaking moon of the setting ! 😛

Edited by B.Leu

Remember Claude's "scheme beneath a smile" thing on his cipher card? Maybe he only talks about "trust and friendship" and stuff in the same tailer where we see soldiers being burned alive, thought that was pretty funny personally to get on people's good side so he can backstab them later on.

It's not likely, but it's a fun thing to think about.

5 minutes ago, TheDreamReturns said:

Remember Claude's "scheme beneath a smile" thing on his cipher card? Maybe he only talks about "trust and friendship" and stuff in the same tailer where we see soldiers being burned alive, thought that was pretty funny personally to get on people's good side so he can backstab them later on.

Either that or he went through some character development over the time skip. Which could be good; I like character development. 

I'm not exactly sure what website I got this information from but apparently, Wyvern Knights get a 30% innate critical boosts like swordmasters and berserkers. If that is true then those with the option can become the next Harr or Camilla.

31 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

Huh ? I read the french trailer after you mentioned that (shame on you, I actually hoped that we'd have french voices 😛), and the subtitles said it was ''L'astre maléfique"... I mean, an astre can be a star, but it can actually refer to any other celestial body.
I mean yeah, the direct google translation say that astre is star but... you know ?

Huh, imagine if it's actually an entire planet or the freaking moon of the setting ! 😛

Greetings from Mexico. The Spanish trailer also calls it "star", cursed star or fell star to be more precise.

44 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I'm not exactly sure what website I got this information from but apparently, Wyvern Knights get a 30% innate critical boosts like swordmasters and berserkers. If that is true then those with the option can become the next Harr or Camilla.

But Haar and Camilla did not have innate 30%.. which means that the class itself could be better than Haar or Camilla.
But 30% is a lot. A lot of a lot.

37 minutes ago, linkhuesitos said:

Greetings from Mexico. The Spanish trailer also calls it "star", cursed star or fell star to be more precise.

Hey, I'm just saying based on the french trailer, and that there's a difference between an Astre and a star, and that could mean something. Or not.
... Althought based on what was an 'Astral plane' in Fates... eh...

1 hour ago, TheDreamReturns said:

I mean, he is the 'Rogue' of the lot if I remember correctly, so why not.

https://serenesforest.net/2019/06/12/three-houses-gamespot-e3-preview-analysis-treehouse-live-reminder/

News from Treehouse. 

There some very nice things there, apparently if you have the right Stats you can Recruit a character from another house probably for the battle after the time skip.

Edited by Alexios Blake