Jump to content
Corrobin

E3 Three Houses (Nintendo Direct) Info Thread

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Radiant Historia!

 

Would be dope if we get FE Radiant Historia edition

Or the Tactics Ogre LUCT Remake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tamanoir said:

Or the Tactics Ogre LUCT Remake.

as someone who never played Tactics Ogre, what happens there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With that nice image of the plague doctor Vincent screen grabbed, I actually noticed they seem to have Adrestia's colours rather than the generic black we saw in the screenshots from famitus

017-dark-mage-300x169.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Azz said:

With that nice image of the plague doctor Vincent screen grabbed, I actually noticed they seem to have Adrestia's colours rather than the generic black we saw in the screenshots from famitus

017-dark-mage-300x169.jpg

I think it means he is with the church, the church members in the first trailer had similar colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shrimperor said:

as someone who never played Tactics Ogre, what happens there?

You have to chose between three path (well, two, Chaos or Lawfull, with Chaos leading being able to branching to Neutral later on.)
It's a pretty great story that goes to some really dark places (recruitable character in one path will often meet tragic ends in other paths. And one path requires you to do a pretty morally heavy choice.

The remake adds a rewind features (like the one we see here and in Echoes), and allow you to moves around the timelines, kind of like in Radiant Historia.
I think there are some time of post game mission to save important characters (I didn't do them), but otherwise it's just an easy way mainly a way to do all paths without having to do a new game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tamanoir said:

You have to chose between three path (well, two, Chaos or Lawfull, with Chaos leading being able to branching to Neutral later on.)
It's a pretty great story that goes to some really dark places (recruitable character in one path will often meet tragic ends in other paths. And one path requires you to do a pretty morally heavy choice.

The remake adds a rewind features (like the one we see here and in Echoes), and allow you to moves around the timelines, kind of like in Radiant Historia.
I think there are some time of post game mission to save important characters (I didn't do them), but otherwise it's just an easy way mainly a way to do all paths without having to do a new game.

I see. I should see that i can play it some day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

I wonder how romance will work with the whole time hopping since the leak confirm it. Will it be like in the present that'll have unique dialogue and other things that effect future version of the characters? Will there be new different kind of support convos in the future because of this? It would be weird if it's for the future since we're fixing the future from being a hell bent war so many questions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I wonder how romance will work with the whole time hopping since the leak confirm it. Will it be like in the present that'll have unique dialogue and other things that effect future version of the characters? Will there be new different kind of support convos in the future because of this? It would be weird if it's for the future since we're fixing the future from being a hell bent war so many questions.

 

I guess due to the locked S supports you won't be able to marry students until they're old enough(post timeskip?). Maybe I'm just being hopeful but that sounds well and good without messing about with the whole banging your students thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

@VincentASM

Another reference to that Dragon. The flag for the Church of Seiros. (which is the watermarked image on the calendars.)

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Thanks, that's probably an easier reference ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, redlight said:

@VincentASM

  Hide contents

It seems that it's Nemesis who gets out of the coffin. The gauntlets seem to match

 

Thanks, I'll take a look. I did hear a very manly grunt--and I was thinking of Nemesis at one point but there was so much to go through XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trailer was has me hyped! It looks like a game that will lend itself well to replayability. I am looking forward to the treehouse talk tomorrow. I can't wait to see some gameplay footage. Hopefully, there will be a demo out soon.

Edelgard's new look is very regal. I am all for her queenly wardrobe. Dimitri is rougher around the edges, and lost his signature spaghetti hair. 😥 And Claude still looks amazing. I hope that Ignace gets an Ike worthy growth spurt as well. lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who was skeptical at first I'm all aboard the hype train now. I just now want a Switch mini that is rumored and is considered the 3DS successor as it's probably much cheaper than a regular Switch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how many other students will get "Bone Weapons" since other students do have crests; so why specifically would only the Lords have them? What happens for mages what bone weapon do they get, especially if physical tomes don't even exist in this game. Felix should definitely get a bone sword, etc.

Each Legendary weapon should have their own unique combat art though; as I'm almost sure at least Claude's does; as his OA depicts him loading regular arrows into his "Bone Bow" despite in the cutscenes he is seen shooting red light from it, so maybe that's a combat art that targets res or something?

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I see. I should see that i can play it some day

If you are interested in Tactics Ogre, keep in mind there are two separate versions: the original SNES and the PSP remake.

The remake is probably the better choice due to the new features and such, but diehard fans may recommend the SNES version (which was never localized). I only played a bit of  the SNES version using a translation patch. I loved my time with it, but never got around to finishing the game. // I never touched the remake, so I can't really comment on it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else sorta getting Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time vibes? Because that's sort of how I'm feeling about this game. Like we play through to a certain point and then we get the chance to go back and alter the past which will affect the future, like with the Temple of Time. Don't get me wrong; I really am interested in this idea. I'm just a little concerned as to how it will be handled in-story. Time travel has a lot of potential, but can be pretty easy to mess up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sire said:

If you are interested in Tactics Ogre, keep in mind there are two separate versions: the original SNES and the PSP remake.

The remake is probably the better choice due to the new features and such, but diehard fans may recommend the SNES version (which was never localized). I only played a bit of  the SNES version using a translation patch. I loved my time with it, but never got around to finishing the game. // I never touched the remake, so I can't really comment on it.

 

I'd say don't bother with the original and play the remake instead. I can't imagine playing the game without the ability to rewind turns, and iirc the ability to jump between the branching paths after completing one was only added in the remake. Character portraits were updated and more story was added as well.

 

Anyway, back to Fire Emblem, I hope time travel/undoing the past isn't a major part of the story. The traveling between two different time periods sounds too convoluted and I'd just like a regular timeskip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edelgard's post-timeskip outfit is giving me some major Emperor Hardin vibes. Possibly an intentional design choice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I guess due to the locked S supports you won't be able to marry students until they're old enough(post timeskip?). Maybe I'm just being hopeful but that sounds well and good without messing about with the whole banging your students thing.

Spoiler

Yeah its head scratching that's for sure. I have a good guess that maybe everything plays out through and you can romance whatever in the future but have the ability reverse tragic events to make a better outcome to those events(something like Radiant Historia the only game I can think of right now on how I can see this possibly going) of what started out very bad but it doesn't effect any relationships you can make so your basically have to experience 2 version of events likely the bad one first before the fixed version maybe not every single chapter but certain segments in the game maybe resulting in different branching paths. Geez Byleth's in for one hell of a journey!

 

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trailer kind of makes it obvious to me that we will have very different routes for each house now and I suspect because of the comment Sothis made at the end will be after beating a characters route (which I suspect will all be pretty depressing endings) and Byleth will go back in time and try again from the route split, after finishing all three routes they will figure out (and hopefully the player has to figure it out too) the route to the true ending.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SimplyUnknown said:

Is anyone else sorta getting Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time vibes? Because that's sort of how I'm feeling about this game. Like we play through to a certain point and then we get the chance to go back and alter the past which will affect the future, like with the Temple of Time. Don't get me wrong; I really am interested in this idea. I'm just a little concerned as to how it will be handled in-story. Time travel has a lot of potential, but can be pretty easy to mess up.

I'm really hoping the story isn't time travel to prevent the war. Sothis' line does seem to suggest there will be some important time shenanigans involved though. At the very least I hope that if they go that route, they'll avoid a super happy ending and choose to show that no matter your choices, not everything has an easy fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Book Bro said:

I'm really hoping the story isn't time travel to prevent the war. Sothis' line does seem to suggest there will be some important time shenanigans involved though. At the very least I hope that if they go that route, they'll avoid a super happy ending and choose to show that no matter your choices, not everything has an easy fix.

I'm not thinking that Time Travel to prevent the war is possible; that's too powerful and idealistic for my taste and even for Fire Emblem itself. I think that it would be more like going back in time to influence events so that maybe someone is more likely to ally with you in the future or has a skill they didn't have before. Mainly as a way to justify the academy being so prominent in the story even after the time skip occurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Hmm

Is it me, or does Edelgard have the same VA as Sara from Trails?

I'm not hearing it, but Claude sounds a lot like Rean to me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I'm really hoping the story isn't time travel to prevent the war. Sothis' line does seem to suggest there will be some important time shenanigans involved though. At the very least I hope that if they go that route, they'll avoid a super happy ending and choose to show that no matter your choices, not everything has an easy fix.

Maybe but I think the focus on time seems to lean into a different theme. Based on all the info we know about the story so far with this trailer and the main theme. The main thematic through line of this story seems to revolve around the idea of “change” or the idea of “nothing lasts forever”. The song itself is constantly talking about “how time betrays” or “wishing to stay in the light and not wanting to face the darkness” which could hint at themes of “loss of innocence” as you grow and “graduate” to where you are forced to face all the darkness this constantly changing world has to offer.  Though that’s just my assessment  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...