Characters you wish were playable?

SSbardock84

1 hour ago, SSbardock84 said:

Radiant Dawn- Zelgius and Levail

Except you do get to play as Zelgius, in his Black Knight armour, in three chapters (1-9, 1-E and 3-6).

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Hetzel stands out. Its a real shame you can't recruit him. He's probably the most pitiful and sympathetic villain of the bunch. Sanaki seemed somewhat close to him too. 

And Pent in Binding Blade of course. Aside from not existing in his current form yet there's really no reason for him to sit the war out. 

RD - zelgius, I really think that there should have been an option for that battle that was difficult to get, but let zelgius live, like you have to get him down to one hp or the point where one more blow with ragnell would kill him, then Ike would get the talk option to argue that he should help save the world rather than destroying it (maybe even making a gangrel style setup where he must be spoken with multiple times) with him becoming conflicted and wanting to speak to sephiran about it, where he would join his master in part 4, after which he would join the party on sephiran's orders to protect sanaki (regardless if he(sephiran) lives or dies), his ending would have him joining lehran as his right hand until his death or he serves as sanaki's personal guard. probably also throw in a convoluted set of tasks which must be completed like the way that you get lehran, the two should also be independent of one another in recruitment though.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

PoR - Sigrun

RD - Levail (he was even planned to be playable since he has growth rates programmed in)

might explain his unceremonious death as an optional boss.

35 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

RD - zelgius

As I said above

Except you do get to play as Zelgius, in his Black Knight armour, in three chapters (1-9, 1-E and 3-6).

Thracia- Reinhardt

Blazing Blade - Leila

Radiant Dawn - 3-13 Archer

Awakening- Cervantes

Fates- Lilith (who got treated so poorly), Zola, and Rainbow Sage (why not?)

Edited by Arcphoenix

Blazing Blade: Lloyd/Linus, Uther

Fates: Any of the parents, Elise in Birthright

Echoes: Berkut, Fernand (technically playable in the DLC, but still), Halcyon, (because I feel like he'd actually be a good Sage  *glares at Nomah*)

Awakening: I can only think of some characters they should have added to spotpass, people like Mufasa would have just undermined the story the game was trying to tell, a la Emmeryn. Anyway.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Phila (I wouldn't use her- I hate pegasus knights- but I see good potential for her as a Harken-style recruit.), Pheros (they gave her more setup and dialogue than I was expecting from a minor boss, then completely did away with her, which is kinda a shame.)

Edited by Anathaco

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think recruiting Fernand in Echoes would have been interesting, like a secret character or something. It would be so fun to see him get a sort of redemption arc or something.

• 3 weeks later...

Path of radiance - Aimee, Jorge and Daniel. Give my playable merchants, please? 

Thracia- Jeanne, Asaello, Hermina and Daisy. They were excluded content but I'd love to see  some of the substitutes as their own characters. 

I woul really like that instead of everyone being a turncoat we could get people like Randolph and Ladislava as exclusive characters in the various routes. And seriously, why Hilda brother is hyped so much if he does not even appear has an enemy? Was doing one more portrait so expansive?

On 8/19/2019 at 12:38 PM, Flere210 said:

I woul really like that instead of everyone being a turncoat we could get people like Randolph and Ladislava as exclusive characters in the various routes. And seriously, why Hilda brother is hyped so much if he does not even appear has an enemy? Was doing one more portrait so expansive?

Yes. Proposed the same elsewhere and thought it an opportunity wasted.

Randolph and Ladislava, Judith and Nader, and whoever fills that role in the Blue Lions route I have yet to play (Rodrigue?).

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2019 at 3:47 PM, Vince777 said:

Yes. Proposed the same elsewhere and thought it an opportunity wasted.

Randolph and Ladislava, Judith and Nader, and whoever fills that role in the Blue Lions route I have yet to play (Rodrigue?).

I'd love to see Judith as a playable character in There Houses, if she is not added via dlc is a very wasted opportunity

Shadow Dragon: Camus

Echoes: Can't think of any...

Mystery of Emblem: Hmm......

Holy War: Ishtar, Eldigan, Alvis

Thracia 776: Ishtar

Binding Blade: none

Blazing Blade: Lloyd, Linus, Leia and Roland

Awakening: Emmeryn

Fates: none

Three Houses: None

On 9/30/2019 at 1:03 AM, Harvey said:

Shadow Dragon: Camus

Echoes: Can't think of any...

Mystery of Emblem: Hmm......

Holy War: Ishtar, Eldigan, Alvis

Thracia 776: Ishtar

Binding Blade: none

Blazing Blade: Lloyd, Linus, Leia and Roland

Awakening: Emmeryn

Fates: none

Three Houses: None

Um, Emmeryn is playable in awakening?

Heavily disagree with all the Camus answers. Making anyone like Galle or Camus (who actually is playable in two games) playable would go against their entire concept as a character. They'd end up being rather forgettable. You want Camus to be playable in Shadow Dragon? Well you're not really asking for Camus then, you're asking for Lorenz. 

As far as characters I want l.

-Nader, in Claude's route. I still don't see any rationale reason why he's not playable.

-Kilma, in Revelations. I originally thought Revelations would involve rallying the neutral parties and recruit older characters like him and Fuga. I still like that concept. Plus his design is cool.

-Guinevere. Nyna not being playable doesn't bother me much, but for some reason I feel cheated not having Guinevere, so much so I added her to the game myself. I guess it's because she shows actual fighting ability in Trial Maps while Nyna's only gameplay appearances has her severely under levelled.

On 8/20/2019 at 12:16 AM, Mylady said:

Path of radiance - Aimee, Jorge and Daniel. Give my playable merchants, please? 

Thracia- Jeanne, Asaello, Hermina and Daisy. They were excluded content but I'd love to see  some of the substitutes as their own characters. 

I'd like it if most of the cast of Thracia was made up of retooled Substitute characters instead of new characters. By ignoring the subs on Thracia completely they basically guaranteed that the subs will never be developed as real characters and then added like a few dozen new characters that have basically no personality anyway. 

Edited by Jotari