So, E3 is over. What games are you most anticipating?

What are your most anticipated games of 2019 and 2020 now that E3 is over?

Mine are:

7. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
A very nostalgic experience for me. I love ARPGs and I love Marvel.

6. Cyberpunk 2077

Need I say more?

5. Tales of Arise
Tales used to be one of my favorite franchises, and the only reason this one isn't higher is that Vesperia was the last truly great Tales. The modern ones have all ranged from decent (Berseria & Xillia) to actual dogshit (Zestiria). This game looks to potentially be a step up.

4. Borderlands 3
I enjoy Borderlands a lot, and this one looks to fix damn near every issue I have with them.

3. Marvel's Avengers
The Division meets Marvel? Count me in.

2. Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Wow. Just wow.

1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Fire Emblem is my all time favorite franchise, and this one looks to be a full blown evolution, integrating mechanics from one of my other favorite franchises - Persona. I cannot fucking wait.

Edited by Etheus

1. Luigi's Mansion 3 - I'm a long time Luigi fangirl and consider him the biggest thing in my childhood besides Disney and I absolutely love his games, so I waited FIVE YEARS for this one to finally be a thing! And it looks so good, the hotel looks gorgeous, and I love Luigi's new slam and suction attacks. XD Just give me a GOD DAMN RELEASE DATE ALREADY.

2. Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 - A SEQUEL?! Not DLC, a SEQUEL?! WOW NINTENDO, SWEETNESS! Longtime Zelda fangirl here as well. ^^ Only thing I don't like so far is Zelda having cut off her beautiful hair. I'm usually not a fan of short hair on women (keyword being usually, there have been exceptions).

3. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - It just keeps looking awesomer and awesomer and FE is my favorite series besides Luigi's Mansion.

4. Pokemon Sword/Shield - These just keep looking better too and I love Nessa's design! She's so pretty!

5. Spyro Reignited Trilogy for Switch - Me and @Dragoncat have been waiting forever to hear about this one and I'm excited for her! I've only played one Spyro game before and I couldn't really get into it, but the original trilogy's gameplay looks better for me and I'll probably eventually get it because it does look fun and I've heard so much about Spyro from Dcat. lol

6. Collection of Mana - I played Secret of Mana on SNES years ago as a little kid, but didn't get far because I was too confused about what to do. I still liked it though, and would like to try it again in this collection someday!

7. Gods and Monsters - This game looks beautiful and Zelda-like, I might like it! Hopefully a demo comes so I can try it before I buy it. I'm always leery about buying a new game I have never experienced before at all, so I like demos for this stuff.

Edited by Anacybele

• FF7R
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • BotW2
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Trials of Mana+Mana Collection
  • FETH
  • Daemon X Machina
  • No More Heroes 3
  • Elden Ring
  • Astral Chain
  • Halo Infinite
  • Sword and Shield

Are all games I pretty much know I'll be buying. RIP my fucking wallet.

Edited by Slumber

Final Fantasy 7 Remake: I've never played an FF game before, but this one looks like it'll be really good. 

Breath of the Wild Sequel: The Legend of Zelda is my favourite game series (sorry Fire Emblem, but at least you're #2), so the announcement of a new one is fantastic. I was hoping for an all new game rather than a direct sequel, but as long as it has new mechanics (and Link's left-handed) like what Majora's Mask was to Ocarina of Time, then I'm okay. Plus, I'm excited to see that Ganondorf is back! Calamity Ganon was cool, but I find cunning humanoid Ganondorf more interesting. 

Link's Awakening Remake: I never played the original, so this'll be a great opportunity.

Pokémon Sword and Shield

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Dragon Quest 11 Switch Version

3 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Plus, I'm excited to see that Ganondorf is back!

I didn't see Ganondorf in that trailer at all...? Besides, this is a sequel and Ganon is gone, and Ganondorf is Ganon, so why would he even be there?

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

I didn't see Ganondorf in that trailer at all...? Besides, this is a sequel and Ganon is gone, and Ganondorf is Ganon, so why would he even be there?

You didn't notice the 7-foot tall redheaded mummy from which the Calamity was being extracted? I'm pretty sure that that's Ganondorf, though that means that something horrific has happened to him; he looks like he should be called Mummy-Ganondorf, or Dry-Ganondorf.

43 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Spyro Insane Trilogy for Switch

I'd take brownie points from you but I'm still like

tenor.gif?itemid=4935137

So you get off scot free. It's Reignited, not Insane. Insane was Crash.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

the symbol was the crest of the Geurdo.  so maybe that's what people were thinking?
I got a "Twilight/Majora's mask"

anyhoo. 3 houses. (on it) both Zeldas (on it). Hollow Knight; Silksong (on it)
but kinda disappointed all these Japanese only games are making it to the West but still nothing on FE.

2 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

You didn't notice the 7-foot tall redheaded mummy from which the Calamity was being extracted? I'm pretty sure that that's Ganondorf, though that means that something horrific has happened to him; he looks like he should be called Mummy-Ganondorf, or Dry-Ganondorf.

No, I noticed what I thought was a brand new villain. But if that was G-dorf, and something crazy just happened to him, then that could make sense. I would've still preferred a new villain though, because I was honestly never a fan of Ganon/Ganondorf.

EDIT: @Dragoncat Oops lol my mistake. I got them mixed up.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, I noticed what I thought was a brand new villain. But if that was G-dorf, and something crazy just happened to him, then that could make sense. I would've still preferred a new villain though, because I was honestly never a fan of Ganon/Ganondorf.

Huh. Okay. To me, if it is Ganondorf, then I'm really excited. I always liked Ganondorf as a villain; even as a kid, he struck me as an interesting villain not just because of how strong he was, but because of how cunning he was. Even in Breath of the Wild, Ganon outsmarted the Hylians by erupting from Hyrule Castle and corrupting the unearthed Guardians and the Divine Beasts. 

And, if it makes you feel better, whatever's causing that green hand that was extracting Calamity from Ganondorf's body is probably a new villain. 

Edited by vanguard333

In no order

1. FF7 remake

2. Trials of Mana

3. Three houses

4. breath of the wild sequel

5. pokemon

6. borderlands 3

7. The avengers 

8. Ultimate alliance 3

9. Phantasy Star online 2 

10. Empire of Sin 

Edited by Bankai
Forgot about Empire of sin

10 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Huh. Okay. To me, if it is Ganondorf, then I'm really excited. I always liked Ganondorf as a villain; even as a kid, he struck me as an interesting villain not just because of how strong he was, but because of how cunning he was. Even in Breath of the Wild, Ganon outsmarted the Hylians by erupting from Hyrule Castle and corrupting the unearthed Guardians and the Divine Beasts. 

And, if it makes you feel better, whatever's causing that green hand that was extracting Calamity from Ganondorf's body is probably a new villain. 

The only time I ever thought he was interesting was in TWW. Otherwise, he just bored me, mostly because he was never hard to beat in the final battle against him. I liked Vaati in TMC way more because he was much more of a challenge, we got backstory and personality for him that was interesting, and he changes into cool sorcerer and eyeball bat forms. Ganondorf? He turns into a pig and we almost never hear anything about his backstory. I think the only notable pieces of backstory we get for him are being a rare male Gerudo and being Demise's reincarnation. Vaati, on the other hand, we learn was a normal Minish boy who was apprentice to Ezlo until he started seeking power and stuff. He's the only villain that we get to see as a child! Vaati is menacing enough too, having basically left Ezlo to die in his hat form, and didn't care that he was killing Zelda by draining the Light Force from her or that he left the king of Hyrule to die as a stone in his own dungeon. Ganondorf has been known to kill, but it's all off-screen, and he never tried to kill Zelda or said he planned to. Vaati is technically shown ON screen in the process of killing Zelda. Whoa. And technically, Vaati also made Hyrule Castle's folks suffer more. He turned them all to stone to leave them to slowly die that way. Ganondorf's victims probably all died right away without suffering. Vaati is, in some ways, nastier than G-dorf.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, before I'm going to jump on the Breath of the Wild 2 hypetrain, I really have to know what the actual "world" looks like.
I love BotW. And the fact that it's still so good despite it's many, many flaws is a testament to just how well it did the things it set out to do. But a potential BotW 2 has the problem of being shackled to it's established overworld. Nintendo always redesigning Hyrule was easy enough to do back in the day when it was just a bunch of segregated areas. But now that it's open world, everything feels very much set in stone.

Edited by BrightBow

1. FE16 The main Reason i want to get a Switch

2. Astral Chain THE GREATEST COOOOOOOOOORUUUUUUUUUU

3. Tales of Arise Liked Berseria, so i am expecting alot from this

4. Trials of Mana looks realy cool. I also heard it has branching story lines and stuff. And i like ARPGs

5. BOTW 2 Even though i didn't play BOTW yet xD

6. Cyberpunk 2077 just to have a non-weeb game on the list XD

7. FF7 I am no FF fan, but that looked goooood

8. PSO2 I guess i will be trying this when it releases

Berwick S-- Oh, you probably mean from the ones that were shown in the E3, don't you.

Luigi's Mansion is one of my long-time favourite series, just like Luigi is one of my long-time favourite videogame characters, and on top of that the new one looks like it may just surpass both of the previous entries if they play their cards right (already it looks to be merging the best of both worlds), so yeah, that one. Lack of release date is painful, though.

I'm also eagerly waiting on Super Mario Maker 2. Got a couple friends with whom I'm going to beat all the levels we can! And possibly toss 'em down a bottomless pit or three.

Not interested on anything else at the moment, really.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

CYBERPUNK 2077!!! - I love Cdprojectred. The Witcher series is my favorite series of all time. I'm so excited to see what they have in store for Cyberpunk, also it has Keanu Reeves in it!!

Fire Emblem Three Houses - Game is looking hype as hell so far. I'm loving the adult designs for the main characters. Claude is handsome as hell.

Elden Ring - The developers of Dark Souls teaming up with the writer of the greatest fantasy series of all time. Need I say more.

1. Fire Emblem Three Houses: I've got Treehouse on at all hours for the next few days so that I'm ready for gameplay. Another CG Trailer is worse than boring, it's just spoilers. 
  2. Super Mario Maker 2: No new info in the Direct itself but there's some juicy tidbits in this stream I'm watching right now
  3. Final Fantasy 7 remake: I'm mostly hoping this game is good for the sake of millions of other people, but that demonstration left me personally invested. 
  4. Cyberpunk 2077
  5. Borderlands 3: High school was rife with Borderlands memories for me, and a lot of us are still here, still ready and waiting for that third game.
  6. Other Worlds: Not much presence here at E3, but still an anticipated game.
  7. Shenmue 3
  8. Pokemon
  9. DOOM Eternal
  10. Luigi's Mansion 3
  11. Astral Chain
  12. Psychonauts 2
  13. Watch_Dogs Legion
  14. Gears of War 5
  15. Breath of the Wild 2: Hey a new zelda is a big deal, obviously. But no release date or gameplay related details doesn't give me a lot of room to rest my hype on. Give this one some time.
  16. No More Heroes 3
  17. Panzer Dragoon
  18. Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
  19. Elden Ring
  20. Baldur's Gate 3
  21. Ghostwire
Edited by Glennstavos

In order. Because there is a definite order.

1. Trials of Mana (Early 2020)
This was my absolute favorite JRPG from my childhood, so the nostalgia factor is extremely strong on this one. I'm extremely happy to see the game remade in full 3D and possibly even fully voiced. My jaw was open for the entire trailer in disbelief, and it instantly secured my top spot, even over Monster Hunter.

I'm definitely planning to reprise my original party of Riesz, Duran, and Angela. Maybe we'll finally get more fanart of the game for someone other than Riesz (though Riesz is still best girl).

2. Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (6 Sept 2019)
This is a given, considering Monster Hunter has been my main passion for the past 5 years or so.

3. Final Fantasy VII Remake (3 Mar 2020)
I'm going to admit it now that I never played Final Fantasy VII before, only having watched friends play through portions of the game. The remake so far looks amazing, and I'm looking forward to it.

4. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (20 Sept 2019)
This was also a favorite of mine growing up. The art in the remake looks adorable.

5. Pokémon Sword and Shield (15 Nov 2019)
I doubt I'll actually finish the game since the last Pokémon game I finished was Sapphire some decade or two ago, but that won't stop me from wanting to play the game. Now maybe one of these days I'll actually finish a game again.

6. Fire Emblem: Three Houses (26 July 2019)
Well, this has to be on the list somewhere, I guess, but all of the new announcements have been taking the spotlight.

7. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered (Winter 2019)
There are a lot of old games on this list.

8. Tales of Arise (2020)
Looks pretty. I haven't played a Tales game since Symphonia.

9. Astral Chain (30 Aug 2019)
Looks pretty.

Does it have the words "Final Fantasy" in the title?  My eyes are on it.  The only other ones of note are Tales of Arise and Three Houses.  I'll let Pokemon surprise me.

1. Final Fantasy VII Remake - The highlight of E3 for me as a Final Fantasy fan. That game just looks amazing. Definitely day one purchase. Probably going for the deluxe edition.

2. Breath of the Wild sequel - Obviously and I enjoyed Breath of the Wild a lot (still play it sometimes).

3. Trials of Mana - Looks pretty good. Need to play the other Mana games first though.

4. Luigi’s Mansion 3 - I’m a fan of the first two games and this one looks very promising.

5. Astral Chain - I must say that looks promising.

6. Pokemon Sword and Shield - Never thought I would say this but after my experience with Let’s Go Pikachu, I feel...reattached to the Pokemon series.

7. Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Still neutral about it but I am looking forward to it.

Mostly just BotW 2 and FE3H.  I put on a tough front about my opinion of FE3H, but I am looking forward to it by virtue of it being a FE game.  It helps that I can now reference MGS5 memes for it, that was an unexpected bonus.

Maybe the Star Wars game.  Mostly because of Chris Avellone; his writing is 👌

Possibly Link's Awakening because I like Zelda games and never got around to playing the original.

Luigi's Mansion just 'cuz I like Luggy.

Excuse me just a moment while I SCREAM ABOUT THE BOTW SEQUEL!

WTF! NINTENDO! WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME I AM BROKE! Zelda has SHORT HAIR SHE'S SO CUTE AND JUST AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

*cough* Anyway this year is going to bankrupt me, it's official. Between Tales, Pokemon, FE, FF, and now THIS? I'm dead.