New event calendar (June-July 2019)

DarkAlf

12 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

There must be some mistake. I see no New Heroes banner for July. 

Perhaps July WILL get its New Heroes, but they're waiting for a time closer to the release of Three Houses.

12 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

No New Heroes banner in sight, huh? Not a fan of that. But I guess it means I can just keep saving orbs for the foreseeable future.

The summer banners were back to back last year, too. This is nothing out of the ordinary.

2 hours ago, Etheus said:

I wouldn't miss Grand Conquests. During cavalry and flying rounds, I was fine with it, but seeing armor rounds always made me groan.

Personally, I always found armor and cavalry to be my two successful ones.

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The summer banners were back to back last year, too. This is nothing out of the ordinary.

Yeah, this should be followed by New Heroes in late July, like last year's Awakening.

So looks like 2 Summer reruns now, Sketchy Summer and Nohrian Summer are presumably next month~ Perfect since Nah and Yarne ate so many Orbs

We have a lot of units with Chill Skills. I can see Tibarn being on there. Hopefully Flylia will make her way in there~ Tempest Trails Banner means the rerun units won't be bonuses. These are gonna be another set of close TTs with the double Summer Banners.

Good to see Marth and Caeda finally getting a BHB~

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Why'd they have to get rid of Grand Conquests?  That was my favorite mode.

It looks like it will alternate with Rokkr Seiges, they didn't say anywhere that they were getting rid of it~

9 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Marth & Caeda BHB is great! I wonder who will be the 3rd unit on the banner...

How about we run down the list of Archaneans?

Spoiler
  1. Jagen
  2. Cain
  3. Abel
  4. Draug
  5. Gordin
  6. Luke
  7. Roderick
  8. Ogma
  9. Barst
  10. Linde
  11. Minerva
  12. Maria
  13. Palla
  14. Catria
  15. Est
  16. Merric
  17. Sheena
  18. Child Tiki
  19. Katarina
  20. Wrys
  21. Athena
  22. Dark Emperor Hardin

Now who here has a good personal connection?

• Child Tiki in Warriors might be treated a little like a daughter by Caeda in their support- but I don't know this myself. But if true, they could reference this.
  • Ogma is sorta Caeda's bodyguard, hired by her father to protect her, and she saved Ogma from death years prior. They're close.
  • Catria has unrequited love for Marth.
  • Merric is Marth's best friend.
  • Gordin is another close friend of Marth.
  • DE Hardin and Minerva are also both royalty- albeit this is a thin connection.

So I'd pick Ogma, Catria, or maybe Child Tiki if that support convo is right.

Two of those particular three would cause the banner would be triple Red, and that sounds unlikely. So I'll say Catria.

DE Hardin would make the best choice in terms of fodder by a long shot I would imagine. That being entirely owed to the fact that Archanea hasn't gotten a dedicated banner since June 14, 2017.  Two years ago exactly two days from now!

I mean I know the continent is not known for characters bursting with flavorful personality and rich depth, but that is a little sad. It could still muster another banner of good picks.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
Forgot Navarre was GHB

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How about we run down the list of Archaneans?

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Jagen
  2. Cain
  3. Abel
  4. Draug
  5. Gordin
  6. Luke
  7. Roderick
  8. Ogma
  9. Barst
  10. Linde
  11. Minerva
  12. Maria
  13. Palla
  14. Catria
  15. Est
  16. Merric
  17. Sheena
  18. Child Tiki
  19. Katarina
  20. Navarre
  21. Wrys
  22. Athena
  23. Dark Emperor Hardin

Now who here has a good personal connection?

• Child Tiki in Warriors might be treated a little like a daughter by Caeda in their support- but I don't know this myself. But if true, they could reference this.
  • Ogma is sorta Caeda's bodyguard, hired by her father to protect her, and she saved Ogma from death years prior. They're close.
  • Navarre is willing to fight for Caeda for some reason.
  • Catria has unrequited love for Marth.
  • Merric is Marth's best friend.
  • Gordin is another close friend of Marth.
  • DE Hardin and Minerva are also both royalty- albeit this is a thin connection.

So I'd pick Ogma, Navarre, Catria, or maybe Child Tiki if that support convo is right.

But barring Catria of those particular four, the banner would be triple Red, and that sounds unlikely. So I'll say Catria.

DE Hardin would make the best choice in terms of fodder by a long shot I would imagine. That being entirely owed to the fact that Archanea hasn't gotten a dedicated banner since June 14, 2017.  Two years ago exactly two days from now!

I mean I know the continent is not known for characters bursting with flavorful personality and rich depth, but that is a little sad. It could still muster another banner of good picks.

Navarre can't be on the banner because he is a GHB unit.

5 hours ago, Etheus said:

I wouldn't miss Grand Conquests. During cavalry and flying rounds, I was fine with it, but seeing armor rounds always made me groan.

i just ran the same team all the time. did relatively well. 

On 6/12/2019 at 10:51 AM, Landmaster said:

It looks like it will alternate with Rokkr Seiges, they didn't say anywhere that they were getting rid of it~

I do wonder what they'll do with it. In terms of maps remaining, they have the Nohr half of Fatesland left, and then I guess Fodlan thanks to Three Houses.

But then what? Just start over or something?

3 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

When should we expect Summer 1 silhouettes?

Silhouettes are usually three days before the seasonal banner comes out so probably Monday night.

I half hope for summer RD Ike and half hope that there's no one I want on the new summer banners so I can whale for the rest of the Summer Freddy merges I need. 😛

11 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

When should we expect Summer 1 silhouettes?

The banner launches on 6/20, so the trailer will be the night of either 6/17 or 6/18, four hours before the reset. Silhouettes are 24 hours before the banner, so night of 6/16 or 6/17: approximately either one and a half or two and a half days from right now.

On 6/12/2019 at 1:41 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

lengthy marth/caeda banner speculation

I have my doubts about Catria because her crush on Marth is totally one-sided, neither he nor Caeda have any particular attachment to her. Minerva is a maybe with her story relevance, Fallen Hardin doesn't make much sense because he's there enemy.

Y!Tiki and Ogma are reasonable possibilities, although the former just featured on the last weekly Year 1 revival and her summer alt is going to rerun next month, so they'd be repeating a character quite a bit in a short time frame. And as you said, both would make it a mono-red banner.

But I think the big one you missed is Jagen, the head of Altea's knights and Marth's personal retainer across the two wars, and he already appeared with Marth & Caeda in Chapter 1-1 of Book 1. He's by far the best representative of the knights, followed by Cain (who would have color overlap). He may be a gen 1 cavalry with gimped BST, but if they go for flavor he's the top blue candidate.

Merric is also a good guess.