Konami revealed the TurboGrafx-16 Mini (PC-Engine Mini) coming in 3/19/2020 with 57 Games & Pre-Order is now live

King Marth 64

This was just announced today in Konami's official YouTube channel (I don't know if this was shown at E3 or not?) that they are showing an official TurboGrafx-16 (PC Engine Mini) will be coming. This was very unexpected from Konami themselves to reveal to see the TurboGrafx-16 is finally getting to the Mini Retro Video Game territory like the NES & SNES Classic Edition and the Sega Genesis Mini.

List of games showed off from the trailers as of right now and more TurboGrafx-16 games will be announced soon:

• R-Type
  • New Adventure Island
  • Ninja Spirit
  • Ys Book I & II
  • Dungeon Explorer
  • Alien Crush
  • Super Star Soldier
  • Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (Showing in Japanese trailer only as of right now)
  • Some Japanese title that I don't know about (The one with Kung-Fu had "The" on the title and showing in Japanese trailer only as of right now)
  • Bonk game (I don't know which one it was and showing in Japanese trailer only as of right now)

It was nice to see Castlevania: Rondo of Blood was shown in the Japanese version, I don't know if it's going to be included in the Western versions list? I do want to see Castlevania: Rondo of Blood on the TurboGrafx-16 Mini with the English audio from The Dracula X Chronicles and Requiem port.

TurboGrafx-16 Mini Trailer (North American version)

PC Engine Mini (Japanese version) Trailer

PC Engine CoreGrafx Trailer (I think this could be the European Trailer)

Update from July 11, 2019: Konami revealed the release date is 3/19/2020 and will be including All of 50 games in One.

Update from July 15, 2019: Pre-Order is now live and US Price is available.

Update from August 7th: Konami revealed 7 more games which are Namco games in the TurboGrafx-16 Mini will be the final list.

Edited by King Marth 64
Updating for new info

What to hope for - 

Neutopia 1 or 2 - very likely tbh. Neutopia is very interesting as an ARPG because it lets you see the "road not taken" It uses hardware of the same level of Link to the Past to deliver a Zelda-1 esque type game (as far as dungeon and enemy design go). It's aged better than other Zelda-1 clones because it's arcade- enough to justify the weaker role of exploration and absscence of puzzles. 

Battle Lode Runner - I'm the kind of person who puts Lode Runner on top list of video games in cold blood>< but it's still a great puzzle game for people who haven't tried a version of it, and this is probably the most influential other than the original and championship. 

Chew Man Foo - Puzzle game that I like.

Mesopotamia - A wall clinging platformer that is kind of like playing a game as a gravity defying slinky. Not very long, but movement options are interesting for a 2d

Legend of Valykrie - unlikely. Kinda top-downis ARPG... Closer to Beyond Oasis In gameplay than Link to the Past.

Zipang - The better than original spiritual sequel to the famous puzzle game Solomon's Key

Parasol Stars - Basically Bubble Bobble 3.

Air Zonk - I think it's technically the 4th "Bonk" game or maybe more of a spin-off, but instead of a platformer it's a horizontal Shump and space themed instead of caveman themed. The artstyle of Zonk and Bonk still lets you see the connection.

Gomola Speed - A weird action puzzle game that uses "snake" for its core mechanics"eg eat pellets- grow longer - don't  crash into self" Has a lot more focus than what it's based off of and gets pretty hectic.

Photo Boy - simple but funny game with a scoring system based on photography. Heavy comedic tone.

Better Konami Ports - Hoping for 1943 and Parodius… personally. Turbografx doesn't do full justice to all of their games Salamander but a couple important Shumps  come in fine.

Will I buy -  depends entirely on number of 2 player games tbh, and even then. I've never really bought into the Dungeon Explorer = superior Gauntlet thing.

Probably gonna get this for two reasons, one of those being Ys 1 & 2 and also because I never had the chance to play much Turbografix-16

I did looked at YouTube, the TurboGrafx-16 Mini was definitely revealed at E3. Also, for the games that I do wanted to see it get added in the TurboGrafx-16 Mini are:

1. Exile and Exile: Wicked Phenomenon
  2. Valis games
  3. Fighting Street (It's actually the first Street Fighter)
  4. Bomberman games
  5. Keith Courage
  6. Splatterhouse
  7. Gradius I & II
  8. Ys Book III
  9. Last Alert

Also, I did checked in the game list that was covered. That game involves with Kung Fu that was shown in the Japanese trailer was actually called China Warrior and that Bonk game was Bonk's Adventure.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, Konami just announced that the TurboGrafx-16 Mini will be including a total of 50 games All in One, 24 games were shown in TurboGrafx-16 version + 26 games were shown in PC-Engine Mini. It did mentioned that in both English trailers and Japanese trailer mentioned about 24 TurboGrafx-16 games and 26 PC-Engine games will be together as 50 Games All in One.

They managed to include Neutopia I and II, Bomberman games, rest of the Bonk games including Air Zonk, Gradius games,  and some of the others.

The release date was announced that the system will be on March 19th, 2020. And Konami managed to update their website to include TurboGrafx-16 Mini and the game list.

Edited by King Marth 64
Corrections

Are they going to sell all three versions exclusively through amazon Japan? Or can I expect it to show up for preorder on my local amazon page sometime soon? I'm sure I'm misunderstanding something but most newssites only mentioned amazon.co.jp

I just checked the game list for English and Japanese version that will be included in all versions of the TurboGrafx-16 Mini. There are 3 games that were already localized but they're using the Japanese version only in all versions are:

• Bonk's Adventure
  • China Warrior
  • Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (definitely looks like we are stuck with the Japanese text and Japanese voice acting only for the TurboGrafx-16 Mini and plus, there is no English subtitles available as well)

Few games that were already in both game lists that is going to be available as overlapping games that were already on it. I don't know why Konami is included few games that were already included that were overlapping in all versions instead of replacing them in the list in specific region. But, the list of games that are included in both English and Japanese list that are overlapping each other are:

• Dungeon Explorer
  • Military Madness
  • Neutopia I
  • Neutopia II
  • Ys Book I & II

And there is one game that is western exclusive for the western game list category and the other one is in the game list is exclusive for the Japanese version:

• Salamander (which it was known as Life Force) for West and Tokemeki Memorial for Japanese version.
11 hours ago, know_naim said:

Are they going to sell all three versions exclusively through amazon Japan? Or can I expect it to show up for preorder on my local amazon page sometime soon? I'm sure I'm misunderstanding something but most newssites only mentioned amazon.co.jp

I am not entirely too sure about that.

Edited by King Marth 64

The Pre-Order for the three versions of the TurboGrafx-16 Mini is now live and the price is revealed to be $99.99 in the US. They are definitely show up on Amazon only. But, I managed to pre-ordered the TurboGrafx-16 Mini. Can't wait to play Castlevania: Rondo of Blood along with the other TurboGrafx-16 games. I managed to get it from the US Amazon website.

Edited by King Marth 64

Apparently, Konami just revealed last 7 games which most of them are Namco games and it is going to be the final list for the TurboGrafx-16 Mini. All total of TurboGrafx-16 games in the line up are 57.

We are getting these 7 games are:

• Seirei Senshi Spriggan
  • Spriggan Mark 2
  • Dragon Spirit
  • Splatterhouse
  • The Legend of Valkyrie
  • Galaga '88
  • The Gengi and the Heike Clans

Edited by King Marth 64
Fixing the info