Your feelings on DQ Hero and Banjo getting in

Jedi

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Integrity said:

re: reports i'm not gonna lock a whole thread because two chodes had a little spat in public, lol

carry on

I keep forgetting the way that you make posts, and every single time, it catches me off guard, and it makes me giggle. And, truthfully, I needed a good, wholesome giggle.

I'm kind of curious to know if the menu pulls up when the Hero selects any special, not just what I assume is either neutral or Down+B. I also hope there's a sort of quick key or something.

Calling B-K's Classic Mode now:

Banjo-Kazooie - Rare Ware Rumble!

• Vs. Mario and Wolf in Kongo Jungle
  • Vs. 3 × Greninja
  • Vs. Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and King K. Rool in Jungle Hijinxs
  • Vs. Incineroar, Wario, and Pikachu in Mario Circuit
  • Vs. Solid Snake and Zero Suit Samus on Shadow Moses Island
  • Vs. Fox McCloud and Falco Lombardi
  • BOSS: Dracula
Edited by Lord_Brand

5 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

Calling B-K's Classic Mode now:

Banjo-Kazooie - Rare Ware Rumble!

• Vs. Mario and Wolf in Kongo Jungle
  • Vs. 3 × Greninja
  • Vs. Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and King K. Rool in Jungle Hijinxs
  • Vs. Incineroar, Wario, and Pikachu in Mario Circuit
  • Vs. Solid Snake and Zero Suit Samus on Shadow Moses Island
  • Vs. Fox McCloud and Falco Lombardi
  • BOSS: Dracula

I feel like it'd be preferable to have Bayonetta in there at some point. After all, much like Gruntilda, she is a wtich, after all.

If it's any consolation, Bayonetta would make a great Spirit Fighter for Grunty. Gruntilda could be enhanced into Gruesome Grunty (the skeleton version from B-T), and you could summon Gorgeous Grunty (take a wild guess) with Gruntilda, Klungo, and Tooty spirits.

Edited by Lord_Brand

The Hero: I don’t really have a strong history with Dragon Quest, the only games I’ve played were IV and V. However, I’m not surprised it’s in Smash, after all Dragon Quest is one of the biggest JRPG series ever made. 

As far as The Hero himself goes, he looks to be a fusion between Link and Robin, with all of his jabs, tilts, and smash attacks utilizing his sword and shield, while his specials rely on his vast arsenal of magic spells. I’m curious to see how many spells Hero will have, as it looks to be quite a bunch. 

Banjo-Kazzoie: Just when I think Smash can’t get any crazier, the prodigal bear and bird finally makes it in. I never thought this would happen, but I’m glad I was wrong.

Banjo looks like he was ripped straight out of his own game, as most of his moveset is reminiscent of stuff from his games. His projectile, side special, dash. All of it. 

You ask me, I’d say I’m more interested in The Hero than Banjo when it comes to moves, but both of these characters are really great inclusions. 

Eh, as far as I’m concerned, these two don’t interest me at all. Dragon Quest? Really? And Banjo’s cool and all, but I have zero history with him.

So, I guess call me when Phoniex Wright, Nightmare, or Edleguard gets in. I’d say Sora too, but well....

14 hours ago, Re:Born said:

Dragon Quest? Really?

Yeah, really. Dragon Quest was the original JRPG, before Final Fantasy even. And it's wildly popular in Japan to this day. I'm not a dedicated fan myself, but Dragon Quest is certainly significant enough to warrant representation in Smash.

I don't see the problem at all with DQ, but since the Smash Bros fandom likes to blow things out of proportion bcuz it's another animu swordsman I now welcome our Toriyma's six face hero.

Still pretty happy about B&K's inclusion, never that would be a thing.

Happy about both. DQ is a huge thing in japan (Sometimes I feel like some gamers underestimate how big DQ really is there). I just hope that we get more than 2 tracks. (Looking at FF7). "sigh". This one I will give a try can't wait to see how his magic is in action. My first DQ was 8 btw on the PS2. Which I had some nice times with and is one of my favorites. As for DQ11 I wish I would have been more patient for the switch Version which is way better. 

As for Banjo & Kazooie one of my favorite Childhood games and they have a story on Nintendo. So glad they made it, it is a nice thing.

For the next 2 I don't have any idea. I mean Ryu Hayabusa would make sense. But this time I hope I can let myself be surprised. Also would say that it should be enough with JRPG characters. 2 DLC characters have been JRPG characters from the DLC. And there are still many other gamers who still have to get their chance on this season pass. I mean overall it is a gamble for any who bought it. And I can imagine Nintendo trying to cover up what is possible.

Edited by Stroud

On 6/17/2019 at 3:46 PM, toxic1 said:

I don't see the problem at all with DQ, but since the Smash Bros fandom likes to blow things out of proportion bcuz it's another animu swordsman I now welcome our Toriyma's six face hero.

Good ole Smash Community Sword Stigma. Never gets old, continually gets more annoying with time. 

• 2 months later...