Gamespot E3 Video Preview

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So we get a better look at the class list. There are Advanced Classes, and that's as far as it goes. No 5 tiers or anything like that it seems.

Guess Wyvern Rider is an advanced class. 

Edit: Also, it looks like Knight isn't going to simply be called that in this game like normal. It's Armored Knight now, like how it is in Japan.

Edited by Sentinel07

Watching the Gamespot thing, I see two new people at the bottom in the food menu screen after Ingrid at 1:47, and at 2:19, you can see that the first of the aforementioned people is Catherine, as well as someone I’m so far unaware of named Rodrigue. Turns out the green haired guy who we have down as named Ceteth is named Seteth at 6:25.

She also says that during the “war phase” you can recruit characters from other houses if you meet certain conditions. 

However she does specifically say there is only a male or female version, no customization.

Edited by AsherCrane

Definitely some interesting stuff there. I'll hold off on analyzing too hard since tomorrow's Treehouse segment will likely be more in depth, but I at least see that "Seteth" is greenie's official spelling (also "Lysithea", if anyone was doubtful). And then there were these two: DDg9k8Z.png

3 minutes ago, egobarrier said:

Definitely some interesting stuff there. I'll hold off on analyzing too hard since tomorrow's Treehouse segment will likely be more in depth, but I at least see that "Seteth" is greenie's official spelling (also "Lysithea", if anyone was doubtful). And then there were these two: DDg9k8Z.png

Could the kid be a young Claude similarly to how you played kiddie versions of the villagers in Echoes? 

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Could the kid be a young Claude similarly to how you played kiddie versions of the villagers in Echoes? 

He shows up in a list of foods people like, alongside multiple other students at the proper ages, so that seems unlikely.

28 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

So we get a better look at the class list. There are Advanced Classes, and that's as far as it goes. No 5 tiers or anything like that it seems.

I wonder, there is a scroll bar on the right, so I think it's quite possible one more tier exists below.  SvveroM.png

Only question I had was where's the Noble/Commoner tier if its already scrolled to the top, but as this is an "Instruct" screen they might just not include that here since everyone already qualifies for it without any instruction.

I take back what I said about Advanced Classes being the highest. I didn't notice the scroll bar on the far right of the screen. It seems like there is room for another tier (assuming it would take up 2 rows like Intermediate and Advanced).

Edited by Sentinel07

5 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I take back what I said about Advanced Classes being the highest. I didn't notice the scroll bar on the far right of the screen. It seems like there is room for another tier (assuming it would take up 2 rows like Intermediate and Advanced).

Notice how they have colors, bronze,silver and gold, its very posible that final tier is platinum color/

Small summary of the gamespot vid of stuff I don't think we knew yet. She only got around an hour with the game and no post time-skip stuff.
-School phase is a full year of school/12 months(She stated she didn't get a sense for how long it would take you to get through the year if you do everything manually)
-New male character named Rodrigue
-There are tournaments for certain battle styles (spread throughout the year)
-Battle system is based more around combat arts (she didn't get an in depth look at it)
-They show the battle prep menu if you want to see it at around 4min
-On character's birthdays you can have a tea party for them(charm stat factors into it)
-You can hear Dedue's english voice at around 5:40
-Right after that we see the part where Linhardt is picking on Caspar's eating habits
-You can recruit characters from other houses(not sure if you can recruit more than one) if you level up certain stats e.g. Cha(charm?) and Reason to get Lorenz
-Rhea seems to teach sword, fists, reason and faith(Byleth seems to have the 3 stars next to faith)
That's about it I think. Sorry if I got anything wrong i'm getting kinda sleepy.

This battle prep menu is slick. Most of the options seem standard fare. "Marketplace" is probably like how some games allow you to shop in the prep screen, though whether the shop is worth using or not *coughSScough* shall be seen in time.

2019-06-12.jpg

8 minutes ago, Pen said:

This battle prep menu is slick. Most of the options seem standard fare. "Marketplace" is probably like how some games allow you to shop in the prep screen, though whether the shop is worth using or not *coughSScough* shall be seen in time.

2019-06-12.jpg

This shit look dope Af, i love it!

I just handed out the first batch of warnings.  Complain about it, and I will suspend you instead.  Say you didn't know, and I will tack on more warning points - I edited it into the first post for a reason (a link to this post will go there shortly).  PM me with a publicly available source, and I'll tell you to wait out the warning duration - if you're as good a poster as you think, this shouldn't be an issue.  Believe it or not, there's a nonzero number of people who didn't read the leak, and don't want to.  Do NOT ruin their day.

Second batch of warnings will come with a suspension.  Do something idiotic like PM me the entire leak, and I will hand out a ban first and ask questions later.  Got it?

4 minutes ago, User name said:

F.Byleth as a Mercenary

image.thumb.png.6832c32fce051f4edd366bd9287a99e1.png

Y'know, she looks a lot better like that.  But Mercenaries wield lances now?

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Remember, you can use ANY weapon, and you can see her in the same class early in the video with her bonesword equipped.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I just handed out the first batch of warnings.  Complain about it, and I will suspend you instead.  Say you didn't know, and I will tack on more warning points - I edited it into the first post for a reason (a link to this post will go there shortly).  PM me with a publicly available source, and I'll tell you to wait out the warning duration - if you're as good a poster as you think, this shouldn't be an issue.  Believe it or not, there's a nonzero number of people who didn't read the leak, and don't want to.  Do NOT ruin their day.

Second batch of warnings will come with a suspension.  Do something idiotic like PM me the entire leak, and I will hand out a ban first and ask questions later.  Got it?

IIRC one of the famitsu scans or something said that you can use any weapon with any class (except gauntlets on mounts). It's just the classes have prefer certain weapon types. This explains why Edelgard and Claude can wield an axe and a bow despite their base class displaying swords, lances, and authority.

I'm mixed on this feature. Classes having certain weapon types is what distinguished them. However, this also gives us time to prepare for their advanced class that may use a new weapon type instead of starting over from there. I think they did this to encourage reclassing, but as someone who doesn't like doing that, I think I'll stick to their preferred weapon types.

It seems Setes is a wyvern rider like Thany said. Though he seemingly is in intermediate tier if classic classes are anything to go by.

1 minute ago, redlight said:

It seems Setes is a wyvern rider like Thany said. Though he seemingly is in intermediate tier if classic classes are anything to go by.

Wyvern Rider seems to be Advanced tier, going by the picture that showed Ferdinand's options.

12 minutes ago, User name said:

Remember, you can use ANY weapon, and you can see her in the same class early in the video with her bonesword equipped.

I have seriously mixed feelings about this, but I'll wait for the game to drop first.  Perhaps this is a good thing.

8 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

IIRC one of the famitsu scans or something said that you can use any weapon with any class (except gauntlets on mounts). It's just the classes have prefer certain weapon types. This explains why Edelgard and Claude can wield an axe and a bow despite their base class displaying swords, lances, and authority.

I'm mixed on this feature. Classes having certain weapon types is what distinguished them. However, this also gives us time to prepare for their advanced class that may use a new weapon type instead of starting over from there. I think they did this to encourage reclassing, but as someone who doesn't like doing that, I think I'll stick to their preferred weapon types.

That's a fair point.  It also means that characters shouldn't be as hindered if they bring the wrong weapon to a fight (say, melee weapons on a map that's ripe for your archers to pick off enemies).  I'll wait and see how much this impact the overall gameplay experience first.