Treehouse Live Day 2 Info (starting soon)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

Ignace's new name Ignatz

It's not technically "new"; his name can be read as such with the katakana his name uses. It's like how before Fates dropped Silas was called Cyrus, because it wasn't possible to distinguish the two names.

So, that main story map looks fun, but it got me thinking: will all the houses have the same maps? I mean if we split the perspective of the story, then one would assume that some maps would be different.

Flame Emperor's motive also seems to be to fight against the system of the Crests. At least that's what it sounded like.

"Don't worry about the green haired girl in the room, everything's fine." 

You didn't need to make that sound creepy. Pretty nauseating showcase once the fighting started. Nearly every fight and enemy phase was skipped. I'm an experienced fire emblem player and even I had trouble keeping up with the decision making. Clearly these battles were heavily rehearsed to happen as fast as possible, but that's problematic for the viewer. If I were a new player I'd have no idea what's going on with all that information flying past the screen. I understand wanting to place the focus on micromanaging students since these mechanics are new to the series, but with only thirty minutes scheduled for a showcase they probably should have restricted it to one battle. 

12 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

The enemy AI looks pretty bad in that skirmish battle. None of them appeared to attack Linhardt when he was below half. And the wolves threatening the green units did not even move on that first enemy phase.

No one could attack Linhardt. There was an Archer on a green square, but he didn't move at all. Possibly because that is an escape square for the merchants.The wolf on the same line as the green units definitely moved. It was just in the skipped part of the enemy phase. The other wolf didn't move though.

You do get to see that enemies are still stupid though and will attack you even if they can't hurt you.

Game is pretty poor-graphics wise, but considering some of my favourite games are stuff like Growlanser and Planescape, I'll live.

Saw a bunch of new names and faces too. Shamir and Flayn stand out in memory.

1 minute ago, User name said:

I must have miss it, when did they cofirmed romance?

Scene where they're doing choir training. Apparently you build up the relationship in the school section, then it can apparently become romantic post timeskip.

1 minute ago, Jayvee94 said:

Have you guys found anything juicy? New characters, strengths and weaknesses

Linhardt had weaknesses in Axe and Fighting.

Ferdinand had strengths in Swords, Lances, and Axes.

There were two teachers- Gilbert and Shamir.

Edited by BastienSoul

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

It's not technically "new"; his name can be read as such with the katakana his name uses. It's like how before Fates dropped Silas was called Cyrus, because it wasn't possible to distinguish the two names.

So, that main story map looks fun, but it got me thinking: will all the houses have the same maps? I mean if we split the perspective of the story, then one would assume that some maps would be different.

Flame Emperor's motive also seems to be to fight against the system of the Crests. At least that's what it sounded like.

I probably should've said localised name rather than new name rip

As for maps, I have a feeling they probably will be the same. Based on the wording of famitsu, it will only be the story segements before and after that will be different per house, the actual fighting will be the same. Though I'm sure post time skip there will be differences.

While the graphics are subpar, I won't get too tripped up over that, because if the game's fun and the story is at an improvement over Fates I'll consider it a success.

I have a feeling we may be seeing more of Three Houses later. Golden Deer (Claude's group) wasn't properly showcased, and they may tease a bit of the war time itself instead of the academy.

If this is all we get, I'll be fine, but maybe a little disappointed. If we were to go frame-by-frame, that may sate my hunger for the game. I just want more and the for Three Houses to be released already!

Edited by Sire

4 minutes ago, Onestep said:

Game is pretty poor-graphics wise, but considering some of my favourite games are stuff like Growlanser and Planescape, I'll live.

Saw a bunch of new names and faces too. Shamir and Flayn stand out in memory.

Oh, I saw Gilbert and Shamir but I didn't see Flayn. Who is he/she?

1 minute ago, Azz said:

As for maps, I have a feeling they probably will be the same. Based on the wording of famitsu, it will only be the story segements before and after that will be different per house, the actual fighting will be the same. Though I'm sure post time skip there will be differences.

I do hope the split happens later than in Fates. That gives the developers more time to make the routes more different, if 50% of the game leading up to it is mostly the same.

13 minutes ago, User name said:

"play as Female Edelgard"

Ok treehouse lol

dIR5UP7.png

It's because he is a talented man with a noble and noble atmosphere.

Anyway, romance good, children bad.  Really though, I still can't help but wonder if any LGB characters are in the game and if that'll be handled properly or be the same "I'm only gay for avatar" crap we got in Fates.  And also if romance will be handled better or if it'll just be the same "spur of the moment" kind we got in other games.  So far, the only romance I've liked in the series has been between characters who've expressed romantic interest outside of the final supports.

10 minutes ago, User name said:

I must have miss it, when did they cofirmed romance?

When they were in the church area doing some time limit activities they mention building relationships and later on via timeskip you can have romantic relationships and one of them said they personally would go with Dimitri.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

I'm mixed on romance. I'm happy it's post timeskip only, but I hope it's done better than AwakeFates. Also I hope there are decent LGBT options that are more than just 'I love you cause you're the avatar'. Like I would like a genuine gay character who can only romance a character of the same gender (And let the students date too obviously).

Edited by Azz

Spoiler

HlDqZ2K.png

We did get a good look at the in-game class list. The scroll bar does show that there will be another tier of classes.

And Edelgard's List is different.

Spoiler

qr3MPjG.png

Also here is the list of all the teachers. Gilbert and Shamir are new.

Spoiler

6W8lQsC.png

Edited by Lord_Grima