Treehouse Live Day 2 Info (starting soon)

2 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

I don't think it makes any sense for a student to change their house to a different nation's one and just abandon all their previous allies and friends

If they don't have a stong connection to their Nation/allies/friends, it isn't all that strange.

However, not every student should be able to switch easily

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

Yeah I am personally really not a fan of the student grabbing you can do, especially now that it is at least 2 probably more. I definitely wont be using it because I don't think it makes any sense for a student to change their house to a different nation's one and just abandon all their previous allies and friends because Byleth-Senpai asked very nicely and he's so cool and strong. I just hope it wont be necessary to beat the game using that feature and that it would handicap yourself with a smaller team and less missions if you didn't.

As long as it's restricted to certain individuals, I don't see it as a huge problem. If you can grab anyone but the House Leaders, then that's over the top.

5 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

Yeah I am personally really not a fan of the student grabbing you can do, especially now that it is at least 2 probably more. I definitely wont be using it because I don't think it makes any sense for a student to change their house to a different nation's one and just abandon all their previous allies and friends because Byleth-Senpai asked very nicely and he's so cool and strong. I just hope it wont be necessary to beat the game using that feature and that it would handicap yourself with a smaller team and less missions if you didn't.

Neither am I. Though, to be fair, it does seem that persuading a student from another house requires meeting certain requirements, and these requirements probably vary with each student. Given this, and that you persuade them before the time-skip, the game probably explains it as them not seeing it as abandoning their fellow house members, but being able to help them better by seeking the best education for them specifically. Byleth has to convince them that they are the best teacher for the student. I have no idea how they'd justify it after the time-skip. 

27 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Neither am I. Though, to be fair, it does seem that persuading a student from another house requires meeting certain requirements, and these requirements probably vary with each student. Given this, and that you persuade them before the time-skip, the game probably explains it as them not seeing it as abandoning their fellow house members, but being able to help them better by seeking the best education for them specifically. Byleth has to convince them that they are the best teacher for the student. I have no idea how they'd justify it after the time-skip. 

Probably in the time skip each student is taking care of their own lives pursuing their careers or ruling their lands. Makes sense retainers not being recruitable cause they would be serving their respective lords so joining Byleth against them would be a big treason. Other than that most of other students would have more freedom on opposing the lords even if it has heavy political implications. 

I'm curious how it would be with the teachers, if they are locked to houses or any professor can join the army.  

-weapon durability yesss (didn't remember if this was already confirmed)
maybe they'll do Thracia style where the weapon breaks but doesn't disappear from inventory, and yeah maybe automatically repaired after battle or you can pay to get it repaired, certain weapons cost more.
-dismounting. wonder how they're handling it in this one since it was basically pointless except to avoid horse slaying weapons. maybe get a bonus indoors instead of being crippled indoors for being dismounted? 
-canto...love and hate to see it return because enemies will have it lol
can switch freely between already mastered classes whoo. i wonder if some skills are cross compatible between classes or if they're locked.

the cathedral graphics aren't great, but i like the maps (nostalgia for PoR and RD) and the combat animations. they definitely spruced it up compared to the first stuff we saw. 

also yeah Byleth looks busted, as a Jagen (?) should be, but also they were also gaining...a lot of exp for a Jagen...

and the customization looks great, so much potential for replayability. honestly i can't wait, first game i've really been excited for in a while

So tomorrow is an indie day so I doubt we will get anything tomorrow and I have no idea about Friday

From what I gathered you are capable of recruiting nearly anybody but only a limited number of characters. Furthermore your own choices will possibly limit the possible recruitments. For Lorenz it was shown that CHA, don’t know if it’s charisma or charm, and Reason is necessary. Now by focusing on those parts it might become difficult later on to recruit characters who want completely different things and so on. We mustn’t forget the time that we have at the monetary is limited it might just be a year.

I don't understand why some people want dismounting to return. Here mounted units can apparently still move the same amount of spaces indoors removes the need for it.  With the weapon triangle done and canto back feels like mounted units even stronger now. Even if for the rare encounter of an anti-horse weapon, dismount and the issue will be averted.

13 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I don't understand why some people want dismounting to return. Here mounted units can apparently still move the same amount of spaces indoors removes the need for it.  With the weapon triangle done and canto back feels like mounted units even stronger now. Even if for the rare encounter of an anti-horse weapon, dismount and the issue will be averted.

The answer to "who is the best unit in a FE game" is almost always going to be "someone on a mount".  It's getting old.

45 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

People want dismounting to return in the same fashion it existed in Mystery of the Emblem and Thracia 776.

And it's because of what Eclipse said.  Generally speaking, there's no drawbacks whatsoever to being a cavalier.  Weakness against beast-killing weapons doesn't count since so few enemies wield it or come charging at you with them.  Cavaliers have generally balanced stats while also having high movement.  Canto makes them even more stupidly powerful, as they can remove themselves from danger even after striking or performing any other kind of action as long as they have movement left (which they almost always will).

Compare that to the armor knight, whose only advantages are high strength and physical damage.  Meanwhile, they're slow, can't move far, and are susceptible to mages who can just rush up to them because they have higher movement stats and will likely double them because armor knights' speed stats usually suck.

This game has been getting some things right with rebalancing, it would seem.  However, there's still work that needs to be done.  It was only in the Kaga games that cavaliers had a proper balance measure against them.  Not even the rain in GBA games could stop them from being good, 'cuz rain just reduced everyone's movement (except for that of the poor armor knights') to 2 or 3 (can't remember which it is off the top of my head).  That just puts them on equal ground for short 1-3-turn bursts, while dismounting actually puts them at a disadvantage for decent portions of the game (because they generally get weaker, particularly in Thracia).

4 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Lack of weapon triangle disappoints me. Axes, lances, and swords can feel pretty samey without it. It really helps give all of them a purpose.

They won't feel samey(at least to me) since each weapon type has quite a few combat arts and professor skills attached to them.

I guess there's not gonna be a Part II, as tommorow is Indie Day. In hindsight, it makes sense. They may want to be saving the timeskip and "war period" for a Fire Emblem Direct closer to the release date, perhaps in Early July.

They've been pushing the Academy a lot with their marketing and focus, but that whole teaching students thing is not all that interesting to me. We finally get a taste of what seems to be classic Fire Emblem with a darker storyline, but there's no real substance to it yet. Guess we'll have to wait for the game to come out or new showcases to learn more.

The lack of the WT confuses me. I get we do have weapon arts and all that, but the fact they just decided to exclude it alludes me. I'm not gonna crib about it since more often than not, the WT really loses its affect as you play through the game and your units become more busted, but it's just a weird exclusion IMO as there was no big reason to exclude like with SoV where it wasn't in the og game (and axe enemies are extremely sparse and barely present in game anyways).

1 minute ago, Calico said:

We've seen Black Eagles via Treehouse, and the Blue Lions with Treehouse and videos from other news sources, but no battle footage from the Golden Deer yet. I want to see them in battle...

I guess they shoved Raphael and Ignatz into the Black Eagles for that juicy representation of all Three Houses.

Not really gameplay-related, but something really small ( or seemingly small, actually ) that I noted during the Livestream, was that in the Blue Lions story map segment, Dimitri was missing from the units deployed. 

I may sound like I'm just nitpicking, but I found it quite strange since he just casually manages to disappear in the battle that occurs right before the time skip. Not only that, but the key boss is also the Reaper Knight--an enemy emphasized for his tendency to kidnap students.

Something really twisted may have happened to Dimitri regarding that chapter, but again, that's just my speculation.

The lack of GD gameplay is disturbing. They just really don't want me to see Marianne huh. IDK if we'll be getting anymore 3H content at E3 since tomorrow is Nindies only it seems and I dunno what their planning for Friday but I'm doubtful. We'll probably be sticking to famitsu (which should be coming out next Wednesday~Thursday as per usual if it follows the pattern (with a preview on Tuesday)), Twitter and we'll probably get a final trailer by the end of the month/a bit before it drops.

9 minutes ago, The Real MC said:

Not really gameplay-related, but something really small ( or seemingly small, actually ) that I noted during the Livestream, was that in the Blue Lions story map segment, Dimitri was missing from the units deployed. 

I may sound like I'm just nitpicking, but I found it quite strange since he just casually manages to disappear in the battle that occurs right before the time skip. Not only that, but the key boss is also the Reaper Knight--an enemy emphasized for his tendency to kidnap students.

Something really twisted may have happened to Dimitri regarding that chapter, but again, that's just my speculation.

I noticed that as well; I could totally see him being absent for whatever plot related reason they have. The only thing is I doubt he'll not be seen between this map and post timeskip; as it looks like this map is not the final one of the Pre-Timeskip arc. This may be after Dimitri loses his eye but before the timeskip; and they simply didn't deploy him to avoid spoiling when and where he loses it.

2 hours ago, SpiceMan said:

Edit: Like Lorenz is literally the heir to one of the ruling families of Leicester, there is no way in hell you are telling me he would switch to the Black Eagles and go against his countrymen because Byleth has a sexy face and a hard-on for tomes. My favourite thing about Three houses so far was the amazing world building it had and how everything just felt like a real world and made sense. And then this happened. I don't think it will really impact the experience for me but I am a bit disappointed

I don't think changing school dorms equals high treason in Fodland. As far as we know the countries aren't at war before the timeskip so switching to a dorm meant for the other countries could be seen as quirky but hardly as going against your country. 

12 minutes ago, Azz said:

The lack of the WT confuses me. I get we do have weapon arts and all that, but the fact they just decided to exclude it alludes me. I'm not gonna crib about it since more often than not, the WT really loses its affect as you play through the game and your units become more busted, but it's just a weird exclusion IMO as there was no big reason to exclude like with SoV where it wasn't in the og game (and axe enemies are extremely sparse and barely present in game anyways).

One of the earlier Famitsu articles said there was a Professor Skill for Lance users called Swordbreaker that gives Hit and Avoid +20 if the user is wielding a Lance and his/her enemy is wielding a Sword.  

https://serenesforest.net/2019/04/24/three-houses-story-character-gameplay-info-famitsu-16th-may-issue/#more-50867

The impression I got from this is that the Weapon Triangle IS coming back, but in a much more limited capacity than we've yet seen.

One of the people who played the demo at E3 literally said there is no weapon triangle but combat arts exist that can give bonuses that emulate the WT for a single engagement.

So the WT as a system is gone. It's not really a point of contention. We even saw plenty of gameplay footage today that suggested as such.

4 minutes ago, ArsSanctum said:

One of the people who played the demo at E3 literally said there is no weapon triangle but combat arts exist that can give bonuses that emulate the WT for a single engagement.

So the WT as a system is gone. It's not really a point of contention. We even saw plenty of gameplay footage today that suggested as such.

I think this is a semantics issue more than anything else.

The Weapon Triangle is technically still there, only it doesn't work unless you have the right Skills or use the right Combat Arts.

But wait...  Do enemies even use Combat Arts?

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

10 minutes ago, ArsSanctum said:

I'm pretty sure they meant Professor Skills instead of Combat Arts, seeing as Felix had a skill that looks like it could be axebreaker in one of the GameSpot videos, despite not using any combat arts (and I'm pretty sure Famitsu described it as one). So, while the triangle itself isn't in, eventually enemies in higher difficulties might all have breaker skills.