Treehouse Live Day 2 Info (starting soon)

6 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

Ignatz stole a shield from Dedue in one of the videos on the website. They can be equipped at the same time as weapons, unlike Echoes.

Now I'm just imagining Ignatz just wrestling with Dedue over this massive shield.

I doubt the shields will be equippable on non-armoured units, to give Armour Knights that bit of an edge since they have no clsss skills.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

You mean all supports would have potentially 4 ranks, but not all would be romantic? That would be brilliant 

Also poor friendzoned Linhardt XD

I don't think all supports can end in best friends. Since there's A supports without arrows. 

Didn't fates had something like A+ supports too, on a few characters? 

5 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

I don't think all supports can end in best friends. Since there's A supports without arrows. 

Didn't fates had something like A+ supports too, on a few characters? 

Sadly in fates world a female character and a male character can't be best friend, it was only possible between characters from the same sex

20 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Now I'm just imagining Ignatz just wrestling with Dedue over this massive shield

I think Dedue would end up crushing poor Ignatz. Ignatz says he's got no physique for close combat fighting and looking like the typical nerd reflects that. Dedue on the other hand is quite big and probably in armor. 

37 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

Ignatz stole a shield from Dedue in one of the videos on the website. They can be equipped at the same time as weapons, unlike Echoes.

YEEEEESSS! THANK YOU!

I've been wanting this since forever!

Hey, @VincentASM, in the 2nd part of your treehouse article, you said that there's four merchants that you have to protect, but it's really 5. And it looks like the dorms have at least 2 or 3 floors.

But on a unrelated note, at least we get an clue which class the Flame Emperor. Plus, turning a priest into a cavalier isn't exactly a great move (Lin lost half his health in one go and his Str is nonexistent.)

4 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

But on a unrelated note, at least we get an clue which class the Flame Emperor. Plus, turning a priest into a cavalier isn't exactly a great move (Lin lost half his health in one go and his Str is nonexistent.)

Inb4 we start seeing meme builds of Hilda as a Priest or Bishop.

I think the Flame Emperor looks like a General and the Death Knight looks like a Paladin.  Though it could also be the case that they have unique classes.

30 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

And another thing that got my attention is why is the Alliance is an enemy if you're supposed to be protecting the country's merchants?

...Unless someone bribed them. 

The Alliance is a republic, and those thing rarely works well in Fire Emblem (See Carcino in Sacred Stones.).

I don't know who is ruling the Alliance at that point (Claude isn't the leader yet), but none all of members of the Alliance have the same goals, and they're probabaly all trying to get as much power as possible for themselves.

So, basically, they're corrupt.

Something interesting from the footage we now know that there will be enemies that takes up more than one 1 space on the map. Something I was always bothered by in Fire Emblem. We can probably expect it for the final boss of the game (likely a dragon). Another interesting point is that we see 4 more teachers, one which we saw in the first trailer. From what I'm guessing, Catherine is a sword fighter (mercenary?), Alois is an armored knight, Shamir is not a myrm? and Gilbert I don't know. (Possibly a cavalier? We haven't had a cavalier teacher.)

(Completely unrelated but will you add more three houses banners @VincentASM?) sorry for off topic pls no kill

Edited by Emblemier Ben

42 minutes ago, Emblemier Ben said:

Shamir is a mymidon

Shamir's class in the Seminar section was in Lances and Bows, IIRC. I'm not sure what class that maps to, but I feel it isn't Myrmidon.

Then again, Rhea can teach Byleth to fist fight, so mapping what they teach to their class may not be quite right.

(as a side note, I now want to have Byleth fist-fight Rhea. Give me this, IS. I haven't had a good fistfight with a religious leader since AC2)

Well, since romance after the time-skip has been confirmed, I wonder if it's possible for Byleth to s-support characters that aren't students. For example, we know it's possible to build supports between Byleth and the other teachers. In previous games, the avatar could s-support pretty much everyone, so I wonder if they're keeping that or not. 

13 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Well, since romance after the time-skip has been confirmed, I wonder if it's possible for Byleth to s-support characters that aren't students. For example, we know it's possible to build supports between Byleth and the other teachers. In previous games, the avatar could s-support pretty much everyone, so I wonder if they're keeping that or not. 

Probably. I'm glad that all supports will probably be voiced which will inject some more personality into them(especially if some supports are quite generic and follow the same plotline it'll help to differentiate supports).

15 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I put spoiler tags for the "leak" (basically confirmed info now). Well from what I remember at least because I want to avoid reading over the leak now.

Spoiler

In the leak it said that romancing the teachers will be possible. I don't know in what form, because I think some of the teachers won't stay on your side.

11 minutes ago, Emblemier Ben said:

I put spoiler tags for the "leak" (basically confirmed info now). Well from what I remember at least because I want to avoid reading over the leak now.

Reveal hidden contents

In the leak it said that romancing the teachers will be possible. I don't know in what form, because I think some of the teachers won't stay on your side.

You never know...Thani said that some of the information she gave were red herrings so maybe that was one of them(more and more of the information she said is becoming true so some stuff of the remaining info must be fake).

6 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

You never know...Thani said that some of the information she gave were red herrings so maybe that was one of them(more and more of the information she said is becoming true so some stuff of the remaining info must be fake).

They did? link?

3 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Has anything Thani said actually been confirmed to be fake?

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if everything she said was actually true and she just threw in the “some stuff is fake” in case something gets changed during the development or simply to have us constantly second guessing ourselves.

31 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Has anything Thani said actually been confirmed to be fake?

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if everything she said was actually true and she just threw in the “some stuff is fake” in case something gets changed during the development or simply to have us constantly second guessing ourselves.

I feel like she might have switched a few things she said about characters, which might count.

Spoiler

She mentioned that Dorothea was adopted into nobility, but it was Ashe and Marianne (although it's still possible that Dorothea was too). She also referred to Alois (before we knew his name) as Cyril and mentioned that there was a person in the Church named Alois who was from Almyra.

As for the romancing teachers thing, it could just be that you can romance the ones who stay but not the ones who don't.

Edited by BastienSoul

Two other minor gameplay points I don't think anyone has mentioned yet:

-None of the magic we've seen, whether Reason or Faith, seemed to cost HP, so that may be gone from Echoes

-Since they're otherwise borrowing so heavily from Echoes, I suspect that the stat gains upon unlocking each new class operate the same way in that it will only raise a stat that is lower than the class base stats to that base stat. I.e. it looks like the base strength for cavalier is 9, which is what it bumped Linhardt up to when he unlocked it, whereas Ferdinand probably already had all his stats higher than the brigand base stats, so he didn't get anything (not even a lousy pity HP+1). Similarly, it looks like the base strength is 7 and base defense is 5 for a myrmidon, which is what Dorothea was bumped up to in that one picture from the JP website.

Thus, it might be a good idea to raise some unorthodox professor levels to get some needed stat boosts from certain classes. E.g., Dedue looks like he could use some sword training to unlock some speedy classes to help that pitiful 4 speed. Or, some squishy characters might want to invest in heavy armour, not so much to become a knight or general, but just to get some defense boosts.

43 minutes ago, Emblemier Ben said:

Reveal hidden contents

I've never been one to care about or listen to leaks. Unless the information is official, I really don't care. I will listen to speculation, mainly because it's honest about what it is, but I don't pay attention to leaks because they're pretty much always one of two things: lies, or spoilers. 

Anyway, as an extension of what I was wondering, we know there's a gameplay mechanic where Byleth can give gifts to other characters. In most RPGs, gifts boost whatever the game's equivalent of support points is. If that's the case here, then this is interesting (image in spoiler tag below): 

Spoiler

060-rhea.jpg

Now; I'm not suggesting romance here (she's been serving the church since Byleth's dad was a Knight of Seiros; that would be immensely awkward), but this would suggest that they do at least have supports. I find that interesting; I always figured that Rhea would just be a plot-relevant NPC where the only interactions with her are story-related. 

2 minutes ago, Emblemier Ben said:

Gunter.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. You can only support Gunter at all in Conquest, let alone marry him. Is this supposed to be an example of what they do? Make it so that teachers who don't stay can't be supported?

4 minutes ago, Moonlit Knight said:

-None of the magic we've seen, whether Reason or Faith, seemed to cost HP, so that may be gone from Echoes

I believe that magic uses an ammo system, like Gambits.