12 min. Gameplay of FE16 from Gamespot

So the Sword of the Creator does turn into a whip at 2 range, nice clarification.

Byleth looks to be really god damn broken; I'm upset we didn't get to see Mercie use any offensive Faith magic since I assume that's a thing; and I was so pumped to see Annette's new spell but alas the player did not bother with any mages...

huh im not sure how i feel about the combat scenes yet, especially against the beast. it looked so boring. I wish the battalion thing didint exist and they focused on the units combat. how can RD still have the best combat animations still at this point? i doubt there will be but it would be cool if we can alter how the combat scenes look. you could to some degree in previous games. 

Edited by Zihark11

Wow, this looks awesome! Though that monster seems extremely powerful. I can see myself having trouble with it.

Also, Sword of the Creator isn't unbreakable like other special prf weapons (such as Ragnell, Falchion, and Yato)? Why is that? I sure hope it isn't hard to repair weapons that are near breaking then.

Edited by Anacybele

-Byleth's Crest activates, apparently, on Critical Hits. Or maybe at random, and it just happened to be a lucky Crest Crit. Still, the theory that it heals like Sol seems to be correct.

I'm doing a bit of math to crack how Felix's Crest works, given that we see it getting activated as well.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, Sword of the Creator isn't unbreakable like other special prf weapons (such as Ragnell, Falchion, and Yato)? Why is that? I sure hope it isn't hard to repair weapons that are near breaking then.

I'm pretty sure the Crest weapons(including the Sword of the Creator) work the same way magic does in this game; where they have a limited number of uses each map and it resets on each new map; 20 uses seems like a lot until you realise that each time u double that takes 2 away.

2 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I'm pretty sure the Crest weapons(including the Sword of the Creator) work the same way magic does in this game; where they have a limited number of uses each map and it resets on each new map; 20 uses seems like a lot until you realise that each time u double that takes 2 away.

Oh, so it's not actually 20 uses period, it's just 20 per map. That's better then.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, so it's not actually 20 uses period, it's just 20 per map. That's better then.

Well we don't know, but considering it's probably a plot important weapon, that's probably to case to make it less broken (since unlimited uses=unlimited combat arts since they use durability) but also explain as to why it doesn't break. Think Master Sword from BOTW I guess.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

11 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Or perhaps Sothis can restore weapon durability. 

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Well we don't know, but considering it's probably a plot important weapon, that's probably to case to make it less broken (since unlimited uses=unlimited combat arts since they use durability) but also explain as to why it doesn't break. Think Master Sword from BOTW I guess.

I figured BotW's Master Sword running out of energy after awhile was so obtaining it didn't automatically render every other weapon in the game obsolete, but I see, yeah.

"Make it less broken" is some funny terminology right now. lol XD

I still can't get over Byleth just one-shotting a dude in the beginning and then saying "Should I have held back?"

Yeah, Byleth, maybe you should've :blink:

And I remember some folks in another thread were saying that Byleth was only OP because of the special sword, but she later ORKO's another generic fairly easily with just a plain ol' lance and no combat arts (it was a crit, but she would've doubled with a practically guaranteed chance to hit both times anyway), does the same to two more dudes (one of whom was a cavalier) with the same weapon, stands toe-to-toe against the beast giving everyone else a hard time, and throughout the whole thing doesn't get hit once.

This video makes her out to be the next Sigurd.  If it's an accurate showcasing of her abilities, then clearly the officers academy picked the right person to teach its students.

Edited by Ertrick36

13 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Claude is the bomb!

Where is this gameplay from??

Nvm I found it it's from the updated Japanese website.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

I wouldn't be surprised if Byleth and some of the others were boosted so they wouldn't fail as easily. Several of the Fates previews had the same thing happening to Corrin, with Chapter 2 in particular having Corrin at level 6 or 7, which was impossible.

Edited by BastienSoul

7 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Byleth and some of the others were boosted so they wouldn't fail as easily. Several of the Fates previews had the same thing happening to Corrin, with Chapter 2 in particular having Corrin at level 6 or 7, which was impossible.

Yeah, but the numbers are sky high. 40+HP and 20+ stats for like level 15 unist? 

I hope that was just for the demo/press copies

4 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

Yeah, but the numbers are sky high. 40+HP and 20+ stats for like level 15 unist? 

I hope that was just for the demo/press copies

It probably is. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 did something similar at E3 before it came out.

41 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I still can't get over Byleth just one-shotting a dude in the beginning and then saying "Should I have held back?"

Yeah, Byleth, maybe you should've :blink:

And I remember some folks in another thread were saying that Byleth was only OP because of the special sword, but she later ORKO's another generic fairly easily with just a plain ol' lance and no combat arts (it was a crit, but she would've doubled with a practically guaranteed chance to hit both times anyway), does the same to two more dudes (one of whom was a cavalier) with the same weapon, stands toe-to-toe against the beast giving everyone else a hard time, and throughout the whole thing doesn't get hit once.

This video makes her out to be the next Sigurd.  If it's an accurate showcasing of her abilities, then clearly the officers academy picked the right person to teach its students.

I'm skeptical. Those numbers honestly seem to be inflated (27 strength at level 15??? Yeah, I'm not buying that)...

7 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I know the Tellius games also have this sort of Mov discrepancy between magic users and other footsoldiers.

Nah, in Tellius, mages and the other footsoldiers had 5 mov bevor and 6 after promotion, beside knights.