Fire Emblem three houses recruiting all students?

Using this post as reference, I don't think it's possible to recruit most students.

From these screenshots, Byleth by default is good at 4 stats, two very good and two above average, assuming you could pick strength.

(I also believe sword and authority are hard lock due to being protagonist)

This means you would have to reclass to be able to recruit other students.

Consider there are only 12 months, with limited Seals, Byleth is unlikely to be good at everything, especially on harder difficultly you don't have free battle every weekend.

So my guess is that you could probably recruit 3/4 students practically without giving all class seal to Byleth, which would hinder growth on other students in your class.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly there will be optimal ways to recruit students after people figure out all the mechanisms.

But I think the biggest limit here is reclass seals, I am pretty sure there is limited number of seals during academy time.

Not only it's unlike you have so many seals to reclass Byleth in every class, there is also the trade off not allowing your students to reclass.

You might ended up with more students, but they would be very weak since they can't relcass to intermediate until war phase given you more seals later. You will have a very OP Byleth, but bunch of weak students, question is if Byleth alone is strong enough to carry the fight until you can reclass the remaining students.

Edited by Timlugia

6 hours ago, Timlugia said:

Certainly there will be optimal ways to recruit students after people figure out all the mechanisms.

But I think the biggest limit here is reclass seals, I am pretty sure there is limited number of seals during academy time.

Not only it's unlike you have so many seals to reclass Byleth in every class, there is also the trade off not allowing your students to reclass.

You might ended up with more students, but they would be very weak since they can't relcass to intermediate until war phase given you more seals later. You will have a very OP Byleth, but bunch of weak students, question is if Byleth alone is strong enough to carry the fight until you can reclass the remaining students.

Avatars are generally OP in the games so Byleth will be fine here.

14 hours ago, SilverArcher said:

I don't think it will be that hard considering some requirements are bound to overlap. 

Very true I don't think the requirements will be THAT strict.

I think if you play naturally before the timeskip you'll likely acquire at least 6-7 other house characters that's not a house leader or a special case.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

7 hours ago, Timlugia said:

Maybe, but considering how they made a point of a student being able to switch back to an unlocked class without using another seal, it probably means they think you should have the possibility to experiment with different classes for at least some of your students. Meaning there should be at least a few more seals available than strictly needed. So if you don't waste seals trying different classes you could save them for new recruits instead.

I feel like there's a lot of wishful thinking here. Correct me if I'm wrong but we don't even know how high Byleth's skills need to be in order to recruit another student. If students aren't attracted unless you reach B or A in the two skills they like, I don't think it's feasible to recruit many students.  

There is also a total of 55 possible combinations (correct me if I'm wrong) of what the two skills students like. I can see IS easily assigning two different skills for each student to make recruitment more of a hassle. 

Even if you can recruit a large number of students, you'll probably be spreading your resources too thin and have a bunch of weak students post time skip.

5 hours ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Avatars are generally OP in the games so Byleth will be fine here.

Problem isn't Byleth too OP, butthat rest of your students would be too weak since you ran out reclass seal pre-skip and they stuck at basic classes until post skip.

I agree with @zuibangde here, I think IniSys going to put requirement as far apart as possible as a soft limit on how many student you could get.

This is me going out on a limb here, but since the game doesn’t give specific values, there could be dynamic scaling as a form of gating. Like every subsequent recruitment requires slightly higher stats, either in general or by the specific stats. If that’s handled correctly, it could make it so recruiting students who aren’t compatible with Byleth’s specializations is slightly more manageable, while also preventing you from doing something like snapping up every healer without trying really hard for it.

18 hours ago, Timlugia said:

Problem isn't Byleth too OP, butthat rest of your students would be too weak since you ran out reclass seal pre-skip and they stuck at basic classes until post skip.

I agree with @zuibangde here, I think IniSys going to put requirement as far apart as possible as a soft limit on how many student you could get.

Doubt you need to reclass to everything to fulfill every requirement when they're very simple.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

The only way you will be able to get "ALL" students is, if there is a NG+ option to carry over you're stats and weapon levels (a toggle option on NG+ start would be nice like in Tales of games).

Or that plus, if the game remembers which students you allready recruited on previous run, so you can meet req once and on all next runs you dont have to meet them and student joins you right away after you choose 'recruit' option, i.e in you're BE run you got Marianne, and now you play BL you wont have to grind req stats for her and she joins you after you talk to her.

That option would be peachy!

In normal mode you'll be able to grind skirmishes that cost no gauge to make your Byleth op and recruit everyone. For harder difficulties there will likely be DLC for that same purpose, just now you have to pay for it 😛
There's probably going to be an optimal way to build your Byleth to recruit most students in the time given, just like it's feasable in Persona to maximise all Social Links if you micro-manage every single day of the game, but whether it's most students or ALL students depends on the actual weapon and stat level Byleth needs to achieve.

4 hours ago, Ranulfo said:

In normal mode you'll be able to grind skirmishes that cost no gauge to make your Byleth op and recruit everyone. For harder difficulties there will likely be DLC for that same purpose, just now you have to pay for it 😛

Do we know that for sure? Most source I read was "one free battle per week", plus paralogues (which requires points)

Battle also costs student motivation, and Byleth's Sword of Creator needs using rest option to recharge, so both would limit how many battles you could actually do.

23 hours ago, Timlugia said:

Do we know that for sure? Most source I read was "one free battle per week", plus paralogues (which requires points)

Battle also costs student motivation, and Byleth's Sword of Creator needs using rest option to recharge, so both would limit how many battles you could actually do.

https://serenesforest.net/2019/05/29/three-houses-famitsu-third-article-part-2-2-weekend-activities-new-character-details/

Here it is, search for "Venture". The way both Vincent and the famitsu article write it, it definitely seems like we will ALWAYS have an available skirmish for no cost in normal mode. I honestly didn't know motivation for students worked the same way in this game as in Thracia and Shadows of Valentia. I thought it only mattered for tutoring... Correct me if I'm wrong. As for the Sword of the Creator, surely you'd save it for more important battles and use iron weapons and such. Especially if you wanna level up ranks for weapons other than swords.

Edited by Ranulfo