What would YOUR Fire Emblem plot be?

34 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Sounds like Sword of Seals.

You know what? Lately I have been hopping among the Game Boy Advance games given the massive letdown that was Three Houses’s gameplay for me. And while I have not have the time to sit and play the games in their entirety, parts of them rang the right bells. Your comment is just a plus for me.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have like way too many ideas, most of them involving some kind of civil war. Lets see:

You are a minor lord in a strategically important region in a kingdom embroiled in a civil war. You must choose between the loyalists, the rebels, or using the opportunity to declare yourself independent. When siding with either faction the leader of the opposing faction will slowly become more extreme and desperate, even seekng help from a rival kingdom that uses the invitation as an excuse to invade. You have to defeat both the enemy faction and the rival kingdom to win the game. In the independence route, you are the one who has to go to extreme lengths to survive all alone against the two big factions, and you will be the one requesting the rival kingdom for assistance. After defeating both factions you know have to betray your ally since they are also a threat to your independence, this will include betraying and killing a previously playable unit. 

A civil war plot where you start at the loyalist side, but switch over to the rebels when the king gets too evil for your tastes. Then later on when the rebel leader gets too ruthless you split from him too and start your own faction. There will be an optional unit locked behind a really hard side mission. If said unit is recruited and survivves all the way until after the Endgame where both enemy leaders are defeated they will go "you followed the king until you disliked what he was doing. Then you followed the rebel leader until you disliked what he was doing. Now I dislike what you are doing.", and betray you over some ideological dispute. This will lead to a really hard  Endgame-x chapter where you defeat the traitor but spare them because you realize there has been enough of people turning against each other, and as one of the main culprits behind al lthe mistrust you need to take responsibility for your actions and take the first step towards people working together instead.

A successsion crisis where the two royal siblings/cousins love each other but end up used as figureheads by the two enemy factions and thus have to fight each other. They generally agree with their faction's ideals, but they have no real political power. The setup would be an Alm/Celica thing except the two parties are on opposite sides of the conflict. The final chapter has the royals and the faction leaders fight each other, and you have to choose which side to play as. The stated objective is to kill the opposing royal, but there's a secret objective where if you kill both faction leaders (one of which is a playable character) and have the two royals face each other they decide that they don't want to fight each other and you unlock the secret golden ending.

A three routes game where each route plays differently, like Birthright/Conquest but even more drastic. The routes all take place simultaneously and the protagonists of each route occasionally meet or mention each other. One route follows the leader of the alliance that's fighting against the evil empire. The campaign is Genealogy-style and every unit fights with a massive army. The second route follows the prince of a vassal state under the empire hoping to gain freedom for their country, but unable to fight the empire directly as things currently stands. The campaign is classic linear Fire Emblem and every unit fights with a battallion of troops. The third route follows an oracle who's recieved a vision of a terrible calamity that will seemingly be caused by the evil emperor and sets out to stop it. The campaign is Gaiden/SoV-style with a world map and dungeons, and every unit fights alone. At one point the alliance leader will fight the vassal prince. In the former's campaign this will be depicted as a single fight between two units but in the latter's it will be an entire chapter. Similarly the vassal prince will fight the oracle, which is depicted as a single unit vs unit fight in the former's campaign but an entire map in the latter's.

A game where you play as an old mercenary captain tired of constant war who wishes to build sometihng that will last. The game starts as the big empire collapses, and you are tasked with defeating the rebelling citizens of a city on the empire's borders. But you join the rebels instead, become a king ruling jointly with the city council, and your old mercenary company now becomes an order of knights. The earlier chapters has you fighting bandits and loyalists, stopping an invasion from a neighbouring country, and building up your new country, until you start making contact with various other secession leaders and form an alliance against the empire. As you finally defeat the empire and take the capital the most powerful member of the alliance betrays everyone else, enacts a giant massacre in the imperial capital, and starts trying to refcreate the empire with themself as the new emperor. While the alliance goes to face the new emperor you have to go and deal with the neighbouring kingdom from before who tattempts a second invasion, and are thus away while everyone else gets absolutely assblasted. With the other leaders dead or massively weakened, you become the de-facto alliance leader in the war against the self-proclaimed emperor. The chaos that follows the disintegration of the old empire gives room for lots of side missions where you liberate cities from bandit kings or defeat imperial remnants still holding on after the fall of the capital. The borders between the various states will constantly change on the map as the war unfolds, and these side missions will permanently add new cities and regions to the borders of your fledgling kingdom.

An idea I thought up while thinking of how good a job Warcraft 3 did of leaving on a world that was completely different than what it started with. You start as a mercenary captain aiding the good ruler of kingdom A against an invasion by the rival ruler of kingdom B. The twist is that kngdom B wins and you have to flee with the now incognito A-ruler. Ruler B will have to withdraw however when their army catches a plague, and this plague also ravages kingdom A, making tihngs even worse than they already were. In this chaos, a self-proclaimed prophet who showed up earlier but no one paid any attention to will start gaining followers, and the new religion C-brethren will start rebuilding kingdom A. Meanwhile the party takes refuge in empire D and eventually has to defend a border city from an invasion of C-fanatics (not necessarily endorsed by the prophet, since the kingdom is still something of a chaotic mess and the whole religion is kinda loosely organized). The party defeats the invaders but the citizens wonder why the emperor didn't do anything and start to wish for independence. Meanwhile several imperial princes are actually converting to the new religion, and even the former A-ruler converts, since this prophet is clearly doing a much better job of leading and rebuilding the kingdom than they ever did. These new converts are causing the emperor, who has strict rules against other religions, to start cracking down with the imperial army. The convert princes fight back, and now even unconverted princes start proclaiming independence as the emperor weakens. In the end the emperor is defeated and has to acknowledge the independence of the revolters as well as introduce freedom of religion in what remains of the empire. The Ruler of kingdom B either dies of plague offscreen or shows up as an allied unit in a battle against the D-emperor or the C-fanatics who you can "accidentally" lose to enemy forces. I only now realized that this last idea takes a lot of ideas from the previous story.

One that's as anti-Humanity Fuck Yeah as possible. Like actually having the Naga analogue be pointed out as the Uncle Tom she is for aiding her kind's abusers. Actually having Medeus' analogue succeed and so stop humans from ruining the world/continent with God's wrath.

Three Houses really brought out the HFY (or just the craving for man-centered conquerors/dictators) element of the fanbase way out in the open considering Edelgard's and/or Nemesis' apologists.

Fire Emblem, the royal bastard - the Revenge. 

Your villager mother is dying and reveals that you are a bastard child of the king, you go to see your fafher but he doesn't acknowledge you.  The king, his wife and his five royal children don't welcome you in the family, they are all  dicks, thristy for power. Your brother, the crown prince is unbereable and he tries to kill you, you eventually discover that you are not the only bastard that was assassinated. 

You survive and some years later you return, a civil war is happening, after some political scheming here and there your sibilings start to fight with each other, you slaughter them all except one of your sibling that realized that the family is nuts and sided with you - for survival and political reasons not because he/she is exactly nice. You can marry this sibiling because Fire Emblem needs more incest, obviously.

Theres  different endings depending of your choices: You can turn the new king; you can  a put a new ruler in the throne of other noble house; your sibling can inherited the throne if they are recruited and reach some requirements that bring some character development; you can die in the bad ending; the world explodes if you do everything wrong cause why not 👩‍🔧

It's more or less based on King Lear concept, following an unfit royal family fighting for power and the only suittable heirs are a rejected bastard, or not the first born. 

Edited by Mylady

3 hours ago, Mylady said:

Fire Emblem, the royal bastard - the Revenge. 

Your villager mother is dying and reveals that you are a bastard child of the king, you go to see your fafher but he doesn't acknowledge you.  The king, his wife and his five royal children don't welcome you in the family, they are all  dicks, thristy for power. Your brother, the crown prince is unbereable and he tries to kill you, you eventually discover that you are not the only bastard that was assassinated. 

You survive and some years later you return, a civil war is happening, after some political scheming here and there your sibilings start to fight with each other, you slaughter them all except one of your sibling that realized that the family is nuts and sided with you - for survival and political reasons not because he/she is exactly nice. You can marry this sibiling because Fire Emblem needs more incest, obviously.

Theres  different endings depending of your choices: You can turn the new king; you can  a put a new ruler in the throne of other noble house; your sibling can inherited the throne if they are recruited and reach some requirements that bring some character development; you can die in the bad ending; the world explodes if you do everything wrong cause why not 👩‍🔧

It's more or less based on King Lear concept, following an unfit royal family fighting for power and the only suittable heirs are a rejected bastard, or not the first born. 

I like this. I can't really see IS ever doing anything like it, but I like it. Well I suppose Lyn mode would be the closest we've seen to it.

Golden age pirate Emblem. The game goes further in the split army and interwined stories concept. There's two avatars and two lords. The two protagonists are in opposite sides controling different ships resulting in two parties like Shadows of Valentia. Despite being enemies, their journeys connect the story and they have some enemies in common.  You can chose which side is the rightful hero by giving the Fire Emblem first to one of the lords,  changing the final chapters and providing different endings.

The player control two different parties,  the difference from SOV and Tellius  is that the map is more open and the characters can be freely recruitable by either party. Depending of who is recruited by each crew, major or minor details in the story will change. 

The initial fixed cast are 9 pirates in each crew,  this class is full customizable like the villagers or students in 3H or SoV. Plus there's the two avatars, one for each ship. The other 30 available characters have fixed classes and are freely recruitable via paralogues system that move the story foward.  Each  army can recruit a certain amount of characters but if one side reached the limit of units  in each arc, the chapters will be locked to them making the other units only recruitable by the other lord - for balance sake.

Whats more? A water Dragon race; a shapeshifter cat race - making refence to the cats  thar used to live in pirate ships , exotic lands and lots of dungeons to explore.

Story: partially inspired in Henry Avery would be neat but they should do their own thing  to incorporate dragons and fantastic elements properly. Pirates is an extensive theme and diverse plots can fit in the setting. 

Edited by Witchfox

How about FE with a father/daughter duo as the protagonists?  Play as the male(dad) or the female(daughter). Two completely different storylines for the same routes through the eyes of the father and the daughter.  Have the story be less anime and more Roman Empire.  Father comes home after serving time in the army.  He was recently awarded for his efforts by his general.  Now he is able to own a small plot of land with his wife whom he married a bit too early and his daughter at home, he intends to stay at home and become a politician.  When the city comes into view, it is in flames.  He rushes towards the horizon and to the cliff edge and finds a burned down empire and the marble statue of his emperor is being toppled.  Running into the ruined city he finds the corpse of his wife defiled in the home of his parents and his daughter hiding somewhere nearby.  Taking her into his arms, he runs out of the city avoiding the pillagers.

Fast forward a few years and his daughter is now a young girl.  She is currently learning how to survive as a migrant and a temporary worker on farms.  She wonders and comes upon her father's sword.  She is fascinated and desires to learn how to use it.  Years go by as they travel and work on farms or doing other work in the countryside.  Now a young woman, the father addresses his daughter and tells her of what had happened and what will happen next.  He has become the leader of the rebels, hoping to seize the capital and take back their homeland from the invading immigrants. He wishes to put the old emperor back on the throne including the original royal bloodline.  He sees the new emperor as nothing more than a puppet to a foreign state and the importation of new state religion to be a way of controlling the people.  He advises his daughter that she does not need to participate, rather he would prefer her to stay away from harm's way.  She understands his desire to protect her and it is arranged that she will stay in a village they worked in and live with a family whom they served.  The village has a small school in which she will attend and teach as a job.  The story splits here where if you are the father, you go off to war once again and participate is a large scale, FE storyline.  If you chose the daughter, your fight will be more local and personal.  While the father fights to preserve the empire and drive away those his rebel army feels to be a threat to their shared existence and culture, the daughter fights to protect those in her community and learns of the struggle of the commoner who may not care so much about who collects their taxes or who they have to worship.  He learns that even if he were to close the borders and re-establish the old monarch and spread the message of a unified nationality, he cannot stop the migration in or out of the country.  The people cannot be controlled.  She learns of the truth that her father never taught her as well as the commonality between all people.  

Then a giant motherfucking dragon comes in as a final boss.

Edited by Erosword
forgot a letter.

• 2 months later...
On 10/14/2019 at 11:15 PM, Jotari said:

I like this. I can't really see IS ever doing anything like it, but I like it. Well I suppose Lyn mode would be the closest we've seen to it.

Well, Three Houses plot was inspired by the detail that Sigurd , Edain and Quan once studied with Eldigan before they turned enemies, so they can develop a whole story based in a previous underdeveloped concept, if they want.  

Yeah it can became too dark but Three Houses, Genealogy and even Fates are also quite dark stories in which family members eventually kill one another. If properly written it can work. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know exactly, but one of the major players would be a republic, with the themes of Republicanism vs. Monarchism, and Autocracy vs. Democracy, being emphasized.

Hm... maybe you play as a Princess, whose parents are killed by anti-Monarchist terrorists, so then she takes part in a crackdown against Republican sympathizers, only to learn how the brutal living conditions of the common folks brought on the killing in the first place. Simultaneously, you play as a "freedom fighter" who fights bandits and corrupt knights, initially working to depose the monarchy, but he has misgivings at his boss's plans to kidnap the Princess. As both MCs come to a head, the Kingdom is invaded by an opportunistic ally, so two opposing sides have to compromise in order to fend off a common threat.

IDK just spitballing here.

Well, I've been writing it out in my own personal project, Fire Emblem: The Oracle of Veles. A few things that I personally added were proper polearms, Bardiche, Halberds, Bilhooks, ECT. Firearms, early pistols and muskets, and an overall more renaissance feel to everything. Everything else, including plot and other new mechanics I'll leave in the Document. I'd rather not have to write it all out right now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2020 at 1:05 AM, Sir Wolfram of Vallora said:

Well, I've been writing it out in my own personal project, Fire Emblem: The Oracle of Veles. A few things that I personally added were proper polearms, Bardiche, Halberds, Bilhooks, ECT. Firearms, early pistols and muskets, and an overall more renaissance feel to everything. Everything else, including plot and other new mechanics I'll leave in the Document. I'd rather not have to write it all out right now.

Cool. Seeing those polearms in FE would be really cool. The use of early firearms sounds interesting so long as the game's still carefully balanced. Question (to tie this into discussing plot): does the renaissance feel reflect anything particular about the plot or vice-versa? 

4 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Cool. Seeing those polearms in FE would be really cool. The use of early firearms sounds interesting so long as the game's still carefully balanced. Question (to tie this into discussing plot): does the renaissance feel reflect anything particular about the plot or vice-versa? 

I'd say to some degree. I took the idea of Europe being such a powder keg and repurposed it into the stress of the two nations at the edge of war. I also based the main nation off the Renaissance era Holy Roman Empire, including groups like the Landsknecht, and the other nation being based off of 1600s era Poland with a heavy dose of Russia, and the Hussars playing a large role on that side.

2 minutes ago, Sir Wolfram of Vallora said:

I'd say to some degree. I took the idea of Europe being such a powder keg and repurposed it into the stress of the two nations at the edge of war. I also based the main nation off the Renaissance era Holy Roman Empire, including groups like the Landsknecht, and the other nation being based off of 1600s era Poland with a heavy dose of Russia, and the Hussars playing a large role on that side.

Interesting. Funny enough; I have a 16th-century fantasy video game idea of my own (not Fire Emblem) with two superpowers at the edge of war and one of them being inspired by the Holy Roman Empire. Great minds think alike, I guess?

Edited by vanguard333

5 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Interesting. Funny enough; I have a 16th-century fantasy video game idea of my own (not Fire Emblem) with two superpowers at the edge of war and one of them being inspired by the Holy Roman Empire. Great minds think alike, I guess?

Ha! I guess so. I wish we had more fantasy focusing around the Renaissance. Early firearma are fascinating. Also, the Holy Roman Empire Mk. II is certainly one of the most fascinating and all around best dressed (armor wise) countries the world has offered.