Grand Hero Battle of Justice: Cynthia

SatsumaFSoysoy

Cynthia gets a mix of the Champion Cynthia Piano and some Hero music, specifically My Hero Academia - Just Say Run Remix~

To welcome Cynthia home, we went for an Awakening Kids Theme with some new units!

Added bonus is these are two of my favorite kids pairings. On top of that, Lucina and Cynthia were always sisters in my playthroughs so made sense for her to come along.

The hardest thing coming off Lunatic was Yarne no longer being able to easily double Cynthia, so we had some double Drive Spd and buffs from Morgan to help him out. Other than that, we just had to give Nah Swap so we could save Yarne from going extinct to that red mage. The rest was fairly easy.

Comments!

13 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Even with the reinforcements, Infernal easily crumbled before not Celica for once Deathea and her cheer squad. Sorry Cynthia, but darkness won over justice today.

Though, I did make it up to her by treating her like a pega-pony princess after the fact. I even bumped her up to +2 just because I felt like it.

Hide contents

LLtiImN.png

She’s looking good already! I'm probably going to promote her, too~ As many Lance Fliers as we have, very few have been appealing to me~

9 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Not that hard, figured it out before getting out of bed this morning.

Perfect placement and handling of those enemies! Awesome how quick you managed to figure it out.

8 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

+@Landmaster, if that’s alright with you.

I admittedly got stuck after the first move for a few minutes, because I got fixated on taking out the Axe Infantry before moving on to Cynthia, and Naesala only needed 3 hits to do it.

Of course! Oooh Catria’s a new face. Her Refine is pretty great with your team. Naesala running rampage over these maps is always fun, great work! 

6 hours ago, Nanima said:

Music: Like the Gale - Umineko no naku koro ni (Let's face it, this song screams Cynthia)

After Gharnef, Cynthia steps up to try and continue the tradition of GHBs with reinforcements. Sadly, I just don't think she quite lives up to it. The stats on this map are just much easier to overcome, especially when there are no tanky dragons or armours to deal with. As a result, the Takus were able to one-shot everything and even tank a couple hits while steadily pressing forward. The only remotely scary thing to them was the Raven mage, but I only needed to inherit a breaker before Skadikumi was able to murder him without receiving any critical damage. Considering what these boys have faced before this, I am sure they welcomed the rather easy fight.

Not sure when I'll upload the Princesses and Stars, since this weekend is simply going to be packed full with stressful stuff. I'll try to get to it when I can and hope to catch up with responding to all the other clears in this thread by the time I do. Until then!~

Seeing Takumi shooting down the Flash Cleric gave me so much satisfaction. The rest of them also had just as little trouble with this map. Reinforcements went down as fast as they appeared so it was just some target practice for the boys today. Even taking some big hits, they’re able to shake it off and finish the job~ Also, Takumi looks adorable in the Taguel eaaarrrs!!!

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

This one wasn't too bad. Infernal took a few tries because I was too lazy to calculate damage and just let things hit me to figure out how much damage things would do.

If you play aggressively, it's not too hard to end the map before the last set of reinforcements.

Used my lazy team of Lyns:

+10 Lyn [+Spd] (Sol Katti [unique], Reposition, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 2, Wrath 3, Spur Spd 3, Def Ploy 3)
+10 Legendary Lucina [+Atk] (Thogn, Future Vision, Luna, Swift Sparrow 2, Guard 3, Distant Guard 3, Flashing Blade 3)
+10 Legendary Lyn [+Spd] (Swift Mulagir, Reposition, Moonbow, Laws of Sacae, Dull Ranged 3, Spd Tactic 3, Distant Def 3)
+10 Bride Lyn [+Spd] (Candlelight+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Heavenly Light, Spd +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Drive Res 2, Drive Def 2)

No full Lyn Emblem? I am disappoint.

5 hours ago, Alexmender said:

- - - - - -

Reinforcements? Eirika didn't even notice they were there! 

I found it so funny how the healer managed to prolong the doom they all got into but it was for naught. In Xander's words: "Justice is an illusion".

Perfect use of Sunglasses. All Eirika had to do was stand in one spot to devour this map, really awesome display of how powerful she is!

3 hours ago, Sasori said:

Cynthia is a pretty bombastic little lady. So the chosen team for today really isn't. These serious, normal, proper or cold guys would't want to be cought dead posing or doing hero stuff. I experimented a little with Boey, but that made the team lack some offensive 'oomph.' Luckily Soren is another source of frowns for this team. 

(No thumbnail for some reason. The video still works so meh. Don't care enough to try and fix that)

No sweats here yeah. The whole map went down like flies. Smite is amusingly unfitting on Fmorgan.

This map was low on bulk and high on annoying mages and not that bulky cavs. Easy work enough for the Takumi's. Only real source of trouble was the last mage that went after OG takumi

Nice team! Siegbert is off on his own right upfront making his way to the top right all the way back to the bottom left. That was pretty cool. Silas and Alfonse bring the Big Bons and Bignis, neither worrying about any color disadvantage. Soren provided the chip damage and the huge finisher. Great work!

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Cynthia in one turn:

First time Velouria, even if she didn't need to use her weapon to reduce the CD of an ally. Mordecai took over Hectors job, helping with his link skill and debuffs. Airzura enjoyed her last trip, so I thought she might deserve another appearance.

Look at Offensive Azura go! Velouria was great on her first map! I will certainly have to give mine Galeforce when I can~ Roy quadding Cynthia was so savage but got the team the win~ Congrats!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one was pretty easy even on Inferno. 

Took my +1 Fallen Corrin (DC, Null C-Disrupt, Attack Smoke, Warding Stance Seal), moved her into bushes after Rally Atk/Spd was applied. L.Azura danced for her, F.Corrin moved up within range of everyone. Almost everyone died. Next turn F.Corrin got a bit healed by Eir existing on the team, F.Corrin finished off one unit, L.Azura danced her and then Eir repositioned L.Azura away. F.Corrin moved up to the top of the map killed one unit, last unit suicided on her. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Your mage girls blew away the biggest part of the map, will you go for Celica merges on the next banner? 

I really want to, but she comes at a bad time. I’ve been trying to save up for Yune and Sonya and since I don’t have either they’re a bigger priority (especially Yune). One of these days I’ll get a +atk or spd Celica...

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Velouria will come back as well. Sadly my Lethe is -SPD and I don't have Tibarn, otherwise I could do a beast one turn clear next time. 

I feel your pain; my Lethe is -atk. Every time I see a Tibarn in action I want one more and more. Maybe soon I’ll start doing clears with my beast (well, beast/dragon) team, but the lack of ranged weapons has me hesitant. Hopefully you’ll eventually get to do a beast one turn clear!

I decided to give this a few tries even though I don't care at all about Cynthia because sometimes it helps to have recent free units available. But I find that this map throws a buttload of enemy reinforcements at you. And I only tried lunatic. Why does IS keep making maps like these? Why can't they stick with GHBs and BHBs that don't have enemy reinforcements? Those are so much better and fun to play. They're challenging enough without being too easy, so why ruin a good thing...

Screw this. Glad I don't care about Cynthia.

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Cynthia in one turn:

First time Velouria, even if she didn't need to use her weapon to reduce the CD of an ally. Mordecai took over Hectors job, helping with his link skill and debuffs. Airzura enjoyed her last trip, so I thought she might deserve another appearance.

Close call with that Wrath Axe-Fighter!  Velouria is an interesting choice -- any idea of who might benefit from being her support partner? 

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Cynthia gets a mix of the Champion Cynthia Piano and some Hero music, specifically My Hero Academia - Just Say Run Remix~

To welcome Cynthia home, we went for an Awakening Kids Theme with some new units!

Added bonus is these are two of my favorite kids pairings. On top of that, Lucina and Cynthia were always sisters in my playthroughs so made sense for her to come along.

The hardest thing coming off Lunatic was Yarne no longer being able to easily double Cynthia, so we had some double Drive Spd and buffs from Morgan to help him out. Other than that, we just had to give Nah Swap so we could save Yarne from going extinct to that red mage. The rest was fairly easy.

Cute theme clear!  It looks like Nah is getting some expensive SI, do you plan to pull for more copies?  Can't go wrong with MHA music!  I'm really looking forward to the fourth season.

I'm getting out a clear the day of for once -- another Julius solo of course!

I'm really glad Cynthia comes with Spd/Def link as a 4*.  Now Julius can get full +6 buffs just from one ally.  The extra Spd will be especially helpful.

@Landmaster

Nah on full display, nice work! I like how Lucina, Morgan, and Yarne were all calm and/or timid, and Nah’s just ready to wreak havoc.

And welcome to the tag list.

@mampfoid

Dang, Azura barely hanging on with 1 HP. Clever maneuver with Roy taking out the Cleric and getting refreshed for the last two KOs. Nice work!

Edited by LordFrigid

Incoming first clear video. Never been a fan of reinforcements, but this was relatively stress free so I thought why not? Excuse the quality

Edited by Motendra
Different vid host

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

Incoming first clear video. Never been a fan of reinforcements, but this was relatively stress free so I thought why not? Excuse the quality tho

@Lau tagging cause #Reppin'

God, your Michalis is still a beautiful sight.

Then there's me who is still struggling with Lunatic, hahah!

7 hours ago, Landmaster said:

She’s looking good already! I'm probably going to promote her, too~ As many Lance Fliers as we have, very few have been appealing to me~

Thanks!

Oh, and after seeing your clear I decided to try one of my own so in other words, I’m finally sharing one of these:

14 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I decided to give this a few tries even though I don't care at all about Cynthia because sometimes it helps to have recent free units available. But I find that this map throws a buttload of enemy reinforcements at you. And I only tried lunatic. Why does IS keep making maps like these? Why can't they stick with GHBs and BHBs that don't have enemy reinforcements? Those are so much better and fun to play. They're challenging enough without being too easy, so why ruin a good thing...

I respect your opinion.

For me, too easy maps are not that fun. They are quite boring in my opinion. Cynthia's GHB has a fair level of difficulty, different from Legendary and Mythic Hero Battle maps.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

5 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I respect your opinion.

For me, too easy maps are not that fun. They are quite boring in my opinion. Cynthia's GHB has a fair level of difficulty, different from Legendary and Mythic Hero Battle maps.

I didn't say too easy maps were fun though...? I said the GHBs that didn't have reinforcements were still challenging and yet fun. Not too easy. Of course too easy isn't that fun for me either. xP

I got to watch everyone's videos.  so good!  @Nanima, i loved tacosquad, @Landmaster, lol i bet you yarne coulda handled that last blue Mage. @Robert of Normandy lol that you figured it out before bed, @LordFrigid + @mampfoid, great 1 turn clears. @Tybrosion, that was awesome with Lucy leading the way and @Alexmender - Eirika just standing in the middle. haha it makes me flip flop between building an Eirika or my other sword unit for sure! (sorry that i've been really quiet responding to other tags but trust me i am watching!!)

(Curse me not being able to record. dumb phone, so). 

Clear One: Celica
I Celica'ed it for the most part with her trusty crew of Ninian, Lene and Airzura (I really need to get guidance to level 3, but WOM did it's magical thing with allowing NInian to take a hit. The trick was to not let the 2nd bow take damage (because of vantage), so i had to actually take out someone else, let Celica take care of the bow, allowing Airzura to swoop in and take care of the blue mage (Because NInian, bless her couldn't take more damage). all this does it make me sad that Celica is on a bad week (everyone is on a bad week for me) but then am happy that I did decide to risk the colour share with leif to get Celica she makes life so much easier. Team Celica managed to clear everything before the third wave of reinforcements. 
(Celica Domination is always: +2 Celica +atk(Refined Ragnorak, Fury, Desperation, Savage Blow, Blazing Wind, Flashing Blade, Lene +atk/-hp (safeguard refined def),SS3, WOM, Hone Atk 3 and Gale Dance, NinianPrime: +def/-hp(Fortress Def, WOM, Honeatk 3, Blaze Dance), and Airzura +Atk/-def (Hagoita (def refine), TA, WOM, Hone Fliers (coz i am lazy), and Guidance). 

While writing this I was wondering if Myrrh could take on most of this . (Let's see if I can)
And we're back. 

Clear Two: Myrrhbaby
Myrrh was actually trickier and It took me a long time to figure it out. Candlelight/Flash was messing crap up. (I'll have to get this for Serra one point). and having the units in Position.. It simply wasn't working with Lazura + Ninian - switch to Airzura, and that cracked a good chunk of the puzzle. (also. getting used to Myrrh having noontime is still a struggle. so used to her having Ignis, so sometimes the KO i know she'd have via Ignis isn't coming with Noontime, BUT, it allows her to live longer. Sol is 50, instead of 30 damage - and just a 3 cooldown, so because she generally doubles, it's ready to go either in combat or just before. so i might eat a Raven and see which i like better. ANYHOO). I had Myrrh pre-buffed , and had her take on the right side, with Eir giving the Marriage Support one space away. once the Cleric taken care of, i moved everyone down to the bottom right, and eir was able to take care of Cynthia, and once again,Myrrh managed to do a lot of damage to the reds. . Next Phase (where i kept stumbling: decision. let Airzura take care of the Lance Cav or have her available to dance. But Eir came through being able to do some damage to the reds with debuffs, and take out the Lance Cav). leaving just some charged up units (red) and a Bow Cav and a Critical Myrrh. Ninian (bless her pillow self) Was able to take on most of the red sword, Eir cleaned him up, and Myrrh took out everyone with a Dance from Airzura. Success! (and help with "Drive Atk" as well! i needed that more than Eir's standard Brazen Atk/Res seal). 

How to get away with Myrrhder: +2 Myrrh (+def, standard Myrrh Kit of QR 3, Atk Smoke, Iotes, Noontime). Eir (Neutral, vanilla kit, and the much needed drive atk 2), Airzura. (see this is where lazy pays off - hone fliers!), and Bridal Ninian (TA,WOM, Fortify Fliers and Hone atk 3 SS). I am actually proud of this one because it took a while to figure it out, and then it just clicked!

16 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Screw this. Glad I don't care about Cynthia.

Correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't Cynthia's chapter include reinforcements (and that's generally what they do for some of these? ) not to mention they keep making maps like these for the most part to challenge people. Yes no reinforcements can be challenging - but knowing what can/does trigger reinforcements (or how to handle where the reinforcements are coming from) is standard FE fare and it's knowing what seals/skills, units to use that makes it fun. (not to mention there are some reinforcement maps that are easy as pie, and some none reinforcements where it's like "the hell?" 

This is very dooable with a sweeper mage, or a tank who take magic hits as i shown above and some positioning. i'm sure you can figure it out. 

@kirauza343- Nice use of Guidance on Cherche for movement shenanigans. The girls took care of everyone easily, Cherche got to take a breather this time~

@DLNarshen - I would like to at least get one more to patch up that Def Bane but with 2 Elise Banners in the near and far future, I’ll have to save my Orbs instead. I’ll try to fix it when she’s on a Legendary Banner.

Same, end of last season got me so hype so I’m really looking forward to the next one.

Julius is reaching his final form and already enjoying those spectrum buffs! He's going to be a lot more fun in LHBs now, I bet~ Great job!

@LordFrigid - Haha, yeah, she probably needs to stay around these more reserved ones so she doesn’t totally destroy everything~

@Motendra - That’s a really impressive L!Marth and Michalis you have there! Those constant Fire Emblems are wild!

@Tybrosion - Good on you using Inigo since I had to kick him out of the line up to go with my ships instead put him on the sidelines for this one. Infantry Rush works well on this team and Noire’s not too common so seemed like a fun clear.

@daisy jane - He could but I was trying to go for the fastest outcome and it was going to take a lot to maneuver his way up to the top of the map, so we just let Nah do it. I’ll use him more so he’ll get more chances to shine~

Wooo Celica and Myrrh did it!! Noontime keeping Myrrh alive was a good choice! Congrats on getting it done with Myrrh Baby and Celica!

@Anacybele - IS makes maps like these because normal GHB/BHB without reinforcements are too easy and people want a challenge, especially since most of these characters are villains or otherwise known to not be recruited easily, so it makes sense for the map to be challenging. This GHB isn’t that hard to deal with and is not even one of the harder ones with reinforcements once you know what you're dealing with. 

Edited by Landmaster

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

- IS makes maps like these because normal GHB/BHB without reinforcements are too easy and people want a challenge, especially since most of these characters are villains or otherwise known to not be recruited easily, so it makes sense for the map to be challenging. This GHB isn’t that hard to deal with and is not even one of the harder ones with reinforcements once you know what you're dealing with. 

But they're not too easy... It almost always takes me a few tries, maybe several, to beat them. Occasionally there is one that is too easy. But that's rare.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But they're not too easy... It almost always takes me a few tries, maybe several, to beat them. Occasionally there is one that is too easy. But that's rare.

It may be for you, but the general consensus for most players is that they were too easy and people had been wanting IS to make them harder, hence we have been getting some with reinforcements lately to up the challenge~

Just now, Landmaster said:

It may be for you, but the general consensus for most players is that they were too easy and people had been wanting IS to make them harder, hence we have been getting some with reinforcements lately to up the challenge~

I have a hard time believing most players thought they were too easy.

Just now, Anacybele said:

You could see in a lot of comments here, on Reddit, and Youtube (just to name the places I frequent) where players were finding them to be too easy and wanted them to be harder. Especially before they added Abyssal to the game, a lot of these maps were just not that challenging and a lot of people said it wasn't fun. So IS started to take to try to give them a bit more challenge by adding reinforcements, which we don't even get all that often as it is, and it seems (from what I see) they're liked a bit more now when there's some element of challenge to it when you can't just beat them all in one go. 

Just now, Anacybele said:

Cynthia's map is pretty easy though. I used a Player Phase all flier team to clear it, and you just have to make sure you kill enough things per turn to prevent foes from overrunning your position.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

When powercreep happens, they need to make the challenges harder to go along with it. With Gen 3 units and all the new skills, Gen 1 GHB Infernal maps are a joke. They have to make the new challenges harder so we have a reason to use all the new options they’ve given us. 

1 minute ago, Jave said:

When powercreep happens, they need to make the challenges harder to go along with it. With Gen 3 units and all the new skills, Gen 1 GHB Infernal maps are a joke. They have to make the new challenges harder so we have a reason to use all the new options they’ve given us. 

That's true. For me, Michalis, Lloyd and Valter GHBs were so hard the first time, but now they are so easy!

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

Cynthia's map is pretty easy though. I used a Player Phase all flier team to clear it, and you just have to make sure you kill enough things per turn to prevent foes from overrunning your position.

That's difficult to do when there are a lot of reinforcements.

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

That's true. For me, Michalis, Lloyd and Valter GHBs were so hard the first time, but now they are so easy!

This is probably true for all of us who played back then, as those GHBs were all early-ish in the game's life. None of us had a lot of resources back then. xP

4 minutes ago, Jave said:

Oh yeah, I can agree with that. I just think they've gone too far in making challenges harder.

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The suggestion was to kill a lot of enemies on each turn so that you don't get overrun when reinforcements spawn. Reinforcements that haven't spawned yet don't prevent you from killing those enemies.

26 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I can agree with that. I just think they've gone too far in making challenges harder.

I think Infernal maps are fine challenges the way they are now. Only some Abyssal maps I would call really difficult, but IntSys has been considerate enough for those since Abyssal rewards are all cosmetic, so you don’t miss much if you fail them. 

And in case someone brings up the “unfair for new players” argument, that’s what reruns are for. No GHB/BHB/LHB reward is permanently lost. 

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The suggestion was to kill a lot of enemies on each turn so that you don't get overrun when reinforcements spawn. Reinforcements that haven't spawned yet don't prevent you from killing those enemies.

True, but it can also be difficult to do this too. There's no real easy way to do these, you guys pointed out yourselves that they're not meant to be easy. And I'm not asking for anything to be super easy. I just don't want to end up spending a crapload of hours/days on one map which I feel like I'd end up doing a lot if I didn't give up so much.

2 hours ago, Jave said:

And in case someone brings up the “unfair for new players” argument, that’s what reruns are for. No GHB/BHB/LHB reward is permanently lost. 

Thank goodness for reruns though, yeah. And I'm also glad the abyssal rewards are purely cosmetic. I can simply go for the accessories I like enough.