Grand Hero Battle of Justice: Cynthia

SatsumaFSoysoy

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

True, but it can also be difficult to do this too. There's no real easy way to do these, you guys pointed out yourselves that they're not meant to be easy. And I'm not asking for anything to be super easy. I just don't want to end up spending a crapload of hours/days on one map which I feel like I'd end up doing a lot if I didn't give up so much.

Well, at the very least, you should at least do the Hard difficulty for the 3-star reward.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I decided to give this a few tries even though I don't care at all about Cynthia because sometimes it helps to have recent free units available. But I find that this map throws a buttload of enemy reinforcements at you. And I only tried lunatic. Why does IS keep making maps like these? Why can't they stick with GHBs and BHBs that don't have enemy reinforcements? Those are so much better and fun to play. They're challenging enough without being too easy, so why ruin a good thing...

Screw this. Glad I don't care about Cynthia.

I really dont know whats wrong with your gameplay. I cleared this with the Askrtrio & Veronica, no merges, no dragonflowers no skill inheritance, no summoner support (they have no assist skills lol). only their Vanilla kit and Sacred Seals. the Map is not that hard on Infernal at all. Especially if you use merged up units. Normal GHBs and BHBs without inforcements are really a snooze fest. This one was mildly challenging with the Askrtrio and Veronica and no skill inheritance. If they would keep releasing too easy stuff i would have stopped playing fire emblem heroes...

But again you throw in the towell before even trying it! Everytime on any GHB BHB LHB that has reinforcements and then rant about it.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, at the very least, you should at least do the Hard difficulty for the 3-star reward.

I would, but how many FTP strats use 3 star units? I'd have to upgrade them to 4 star and I'd rather use those resources on other units. 2000 feathers isn't much, but I also mean I'd rather use those feathers to upgrade 3 star units I care a bit more about.

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

But again you throw in the towell before even trying it! Everytime on any GHB BHB LHB that has reinforcements and then rant about it.

Uh, in that very post you quoted, I said I gave it a few tries. Saying I didn't try is flat out wrong.

2 hours ago, Jave said:

I think Infernal maps are fine challenges the way they are now. Only some Abyssal maps I would call really difficult, but IntSys has been considerate enough for those since Abyssal rewards are all cosmetic, so you don’t miss much if you fail them. 

And in case someone brings up the “unfair for new players” argument, that’s what reruns are for. No GHB/BHB/LHB reward is permanently lost. 

i only hope that the Takumi one re-reruns. (I need all that extra Spd Smoke fodder). 
(if not i'm gonna have to buy some to start killing him off. i don't intend to ever use Evil Takumi so no regrets for the spd smoke killing). 

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

That's difficult to do when there are a lot of reinforcements.
Oh yeah, I can agree with that. I just think they've gone too far in making challenges harder.

It's not. (i mean I didn't do it with this one) - but there have been a lot of reinforcement maps where i used player phase fliers.those are my best units outside of Celica and Ophelia for sweeping. it's just knowing  who can take hits, and if you can really risk it etc. and sometimes it takes time. 

i feel you say this so often, that they gone too far in making challenges harder or they need to find ways to make things easier, or something. i've said it before - i think really for the most part everything is "just enough" difficult. there are maps where it will take a good long while to figure out the puzzle and sometimes it's easy. sometimes it's really difficult (so you need the guide to figure out who can do what with the units you can use/compensate with because of course sometimes speed/hp, blah blah, will factor in the AI movement and that's how you learn). 

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

True, but it can also be difficult to do this too. There's no real easy way to do these, you guys pointed out yourselves that they're not meant to be easy. And I'm not asking for anything to be super easy. I just don't want to end up spending a crapload of hours/days on one map which I feel like I'd end up doing a lot if I didn't give up so much.

I think though sometimes, you're simply going to spend a few hours, depending on how good you are. Like it will take me a very very long time to do a 1 round clear, and I don't know how the others do it so easily. 

I remember with the Fallen Takumi one it took me basically - literally 1 minute before the reset and it went away to get the HARD done. (but that's when i barely had anything to work with). sometimes i need a day or two. (and i pointed out with LHB's... i just finished Lyn's Infernal and Eirika's infernal last month those were the last and it took me forever, sans guide. I still needed a guide for TIki and i have zero shame in that. eventually i'll be able to figure out how to beat that w/o a guide. I need a guide for naga's infernal. I know you don't like them but that is an option (of course) or taking the time. not. having the developers to create easier content. 

6 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I really dont know whats wrong with your gameplay. I cleared this with the Askrtrio & Veronica, no merges, no dragonflowers no skill inheritance, no summoner support (they have no assist skills lol). only their Vanilla kit and Sacred Seals.

i had to modify my post to say (because i always forget) i am always impressed that you can do this with the askr trio + vero. 
(though i think truly, you're supposed to be able to clear any/all content with the trio in some form of combination with the other heroes). 

Edited by daisy jane

32 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I would, but how many FTP strats use 3 star units? I'd have to upgrade them to 4 star and I'd rather use those resources on other units. 2000 feathers isn't much, but I also mean I'd rather use those feathers to upgrade 3 star units I care a bit more about.

It's by all means better than not getting the unit at all, and the game gives you feathers like pennycandy, so promoting a 3* is something you can recover in no time by simply playing normally. And it's not like you have to promote her right off the bat, the Manual system makes the Barracks limit kinda pointless, so there's almost no penalty on getting more units.

I mean, the Hard Mode maps are Lv.30 enemies, so any decently built team can beat it. There's zero benefit on skipping it.

17 hours ago, Lau said:

God, your Michalis is still a beautiful sight.

Then there's me who is still struggling with Lunatic, hahah!

I took me some tries to fully figure it out, myself, so there's no shame in the game!

@Landmaster thanks! Admittedly the Special Spiral was a recent addition in effort to make him seemingly invincible. I only wish I had Null C Disrupt to stop Ploys and the like. Minus normal Marth as stand in, the plan for the team is the Archanean Elites, but I need Guidance for Michalis, and a second Hardin to fix his -atk to fully complete it

because @XRay said he did it with player phase fliers, @Anacybele said it would be difficult because of the reinforcements, and because I haven't done a pure Flysquad (sans Myrrh) for a while - I decided to see if i could it with mostly player phase fliers (I don't have a Lance Flier that is player phase yet). (and @Landmaster was wondering where Flysquad went, so this was for her too) 

The FlySquad:
NIno (+1 +spd,  moonbow, Giga, Swift Sparrow, Desperation,Savage Blow 3, Savage blow 3)
Lazura: (+spd/-def), TA, WOM, Hone Atk 3 and Torrent Dance 2)
Elincia (+2, +spd, l swift sparrow refine, luna  DB3, desperation, goad fliers atk/def bond 3)
Sumia (+1, +def, def refine reprisal lance, bonfire, CD3, atk/def link, atk smoke, distant def 3) (S bond With Elincia)

Now this took a very long time to crack i will admit.  the first team was Cherche, Sumia, Elincia and someone else. that was DOA. switched for Airzura and BathSakura. Sakura was making things somewhat better (bless the gravity) - however, she didn't have raw power behind her, (need to get some atk/spd bonds for her. per usual, the issue was the Axe + the Flash healer. then I thought. Okay. i need magic. so i went with Flying Nino and it simply wasn't working again either so i was getting closer. Seal Change meant that Sumia had distant def (because she was truly going to have to take some abuse from a bow). and Lazura was needed for the extra buffs. 

Thanks to the flier buffs, Nino took care of the Axe + Healer. Next Phase, Nino OHKO Cynthia, and i got Sumia in position. she took a hit from the Red mage (0) damage. the next phase was Nino getting rid of that STUPID cav with the Atk/Res Link (it took FOREVER to figure out why this green cav was OHKOing Nino, until i realised the link skill). Sumia being Linked on her own, and danced by Azura was ready to see if it paid off (including taking some hits from Greens). 

Sumia ate everyone up. she took the  bow blast which dropped her down to critical, and then the axe cav came in and *ping*, nothing, Sumia doubled, Sword comes in, no chance. leaving only 2 bows, and a blue cav to clean up, which the crew did. easy peasy). I won't lie. I was dead amazed how Sumia just brushed everything aside (minus the bow hit),. 

This took me a better part of 2 ish hours to figure out (mostly because ii was silly and i didn't realise the atk/res link).. but it was completely doable once i found that out and i adjusted my dancers and seals again.. so i do think even though it will take some time,, you can crack it Ana with mostly units you wanna use.  i have faith. 

9 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

because @XRay said he did it with player phase fliers, @Anacybele said it would be difficult because of the reinforcements, and because I haven't done a pure Flysquad (sans Myrrh) for a while - I decided to see if i could it with mostly player phase fliers (I don't have a Lance Flier that is player phase yet). (and @Landmaster was wondering where Flysquad went, so this was for her too) 

I used ASS!Takumi, NS!F!Corrin, BB!Ninian, and HNY!Azura. It took me about 30 minutes or so as I needed to kill to two units on average per turn and I needed to figure out which two units to kill to avoid getting swarmed.

3 minutes ago, Tree said:

I didn't think this was hard at all, but I did use the Reinhardt/Bow Lyn/double dancer squad. With a more traditional team, perhaps it would be difficult though.

You make it sound like Reinhardt and BH!Lyn is not the traditional team that players use to tackle bullshit content.

@XRay I guess I felt the really difficult content would be hard for me even with Reinhardt and Bow Lyn. Many players do have access to both Reinhardt and Bow Lyn, but I thought people might not be using them since they were saying it was difficult to complete.

[edit]

Ares is awesome. He defeated all of the enemies by himself. He only needed one initial helper hit to weaken Cynthia. No dancers required. I also tried it with common units: Anna, Fjorm, Eir, Legendary Ike. Ike was upgraded with four merges and five flowers which allowed him to defeat almost everyone including a couple blue units.

Edited by Tree

9 hours ago, Tree said:

@XRay I guess I felt the really difficult content would be hard for me even with Reinhardt and Bow Lyn. Many players do have access to both Reinhardt and Bow Lyn, but I thought people might not be using them since they were saying it was difficult to complete.

That is true, as maps since last year have more obstacles in them to limit cavalry mobility which makes cavalry in general more difficult to use, which I think is the developers' response to players easily beating those maps with the famous cavalry duo.

Yeah, some players avoid using Reinhardt, BH!Lyn, or any strong Player Phase nukes as it would make it things too easy.

29 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It took me a couple of tries, but I beat all difficulties. Cynthia won't be my next immediate grail project, but I do like her and will probably merge her up at some point.

yeah, she went from 
"oh she's a Lance?"
to. "Oh. she has spd/def link... hmmmm."
to. "OH MY PRECIOUS BEAN, MUST PROTEC." very quickly. I don't have any of those fancy LE lances but i do want to take advantage of her mix bulk. 

I beat hard and lunatic with horse emblem team of Hrid, Walhart, B!veronica and L!Ephraim.  I used a guide for infernal because I am lazy and I wanted those 2k feathers ASAP.  I already 5*ed Cynthia and she will be my firesweep lance flyer since I haven't built one yet, she may not be my favorite flyer but she is decent.

I didn't even know who Cynthia was before this battle. I don't like (or dislike) her really. Yet for some reason, I wouldn't mind a 5* version. (Maybe her silly quotes are growing on me.) I don't have any 5* Firesweep lance units, so she might have some limited use even unmerged. Ares, Naesala, and Haar are further in the queue though.

On 6/13/2019 at 8:35 PM, mampfoid said:

Cynthia in one turn:

First time Velouria, even if she didn't need to use her weapon to reduce the CD of an ally. Mordecai took over Hectors job, helping with his link skill and debuffs. Airzura enjoyed her last trip, so I thought she might deserve another appearance

Funny theme, nice clear! 

Yay to GF Siggy, I like how he sweeps over the map, leaving the tanky business to Alfonse and Silas. 

Oh a +10 Broy.. I like it. That probably took a lot of orbs. Also impressive how managed to one round Cyntha despite the colour disadvantage.
--------
Glad you liked the theme. I thought it was a good match.

I've held off on giving Sieg galeforce for the longest time, seeing how I already had a galeforce sword pony. He became a lot more effective since i've gave him that skill.
--------
@Landmaster (Can't seem to quote a message thats on another page)

You seemed to have been busy on this latest banner. You already gave the watermelon dragon some pretty fancy skills too. Congrats on the latest unit(s)

But cool and fitting clair. Mmorgan is always cool and you don't see spring Lucina very often.  Nah did a good job of tanking most of the map, Yarne did his killing and Morgan got a few nice hits in as well. Poor Lucina struggled a bit, but she contributed nicely on the support.

And thanks. Siegbert did pretty much see all corners of the map and no blue lance cav can stop a triple brazen Alfonse.
------------
I also remembered that my Royboy team hasn't been used much lately.
@Nanima

On 6/13/2019 at 1:35 PM, mampfoid said:

Mordecai took over Hectors job, helping with his link skill and debuffs.

Mordecai looks like he'll be an interesting addition to your roster.

On 6/13/2019 at 1:35 PM, mampfoid said:

Airzura enjoyed her last trip, so I thought she might deserve another appearance.

She's retiring already?

Cavalry clear: Camus sees some more action than usual.

Spoiler

Felicia & friends: TA3 + raven tome means nothing to Felicia. We also trap the axe cavalier for a little bit just for fun.

Spoiler

Tiki & twins: I think I'm starting to like this team composition. Had to speed stack so Tiki can take out the cleric and Cynthia in one round of combat. On turn 3, I baited the TA3 red mage with Lugh so he can charge up his special for the axe cavalier on the next turn.

Spoiler

Edited by Flying Shogi

As usual, time for some super late replies! 

@Anacybele Yeah, it gets even more bothersome when Mage Eirika also says Le-OWN instead of Leon but I think they decided on the former in the end considering we now have Echoes Leon. 

@mampfoid Nice as always! I like how you're using Airzura offensively instead of being only support I should do that with mine more often considering I was the one that always advocated for +Atk when she released. Nice use of Velouria's fang to trigger GF quickly, she looks like she'll be tons of fun for your clears!

@kirauza343 Those one shots were amazing! Fierce stance Micaiah is something I never thought of but it really fits her, Celica nuked everything she faced into oblivion as always and Marisa ended up taking the two that were hiding behind the trees. Very cool! 

@Landmaster Nice theme (both the team and the music). Nah just ate them like they were nothing while Morgan provided the buffs and Yarne took out the stragglers. I feel kinda bad for bunny Lucina, she's so weak that she almost got taken out by 1 enemy and couldn't do much in return. Guess spring is almost over now. 

@daisy jane It's a shame it couldn't be recorded but your clears were certainly great nonetheless. Celica +3 dancers is standard but that doesn't mean it isn't effective, after all Celica is one of the best nukes in the game! That Myrrh clear sounds fun, just like I said to Mamp using dancers offensively is pretty rare but it can come in handy more often than not and Myrrh herself would certainly like the extra healing from Sol (if only she had access to breaths to use Aether instead...). 

- - - -

I won't make any promises because I'm kinda strained on time but after getting B!Charlotte I feel like wanting to do a Y1 bride clear so I'll see if I can get it done before the map is over (if not then it'll have to wait for the BHB re-run).

Just now, Alexmender said:

Yeah, it gets even more bothersome when Mage Eirika also says Le-OWN instead of Leon but I think they decided on the former in the end considering we now have Echoes Leon. 

Yeah, that makes sense. I was thinking the former would be the one to stick as well for the same reason.

14 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Wow, Heroes can immediately sell you on a character. I only had a vague awareness of who Cynthia was but her selection quotes make her instantly likeable.

And then there's Panne. Embodiment of everything revolving around your character trait in Heroes. At least she's a good unit

44 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

It's a shame it couldn't be recorded but your clears were certainly great nonetheless. Celica +3 dancers is standard but that doesn't mean it isn't effective, after all Celica is one of the best nukes in the game! That Myrrh clear sounds fun, just like I said to Mamp using dancers offensively is pretty rare but it can come in handy more often than not and Myrrh herself would certainly like the extra healing from Sol (if only she had access to breaths to use Aether instead...). 

- - - -

I won't make any promises because I'm kinda strained on time but after getting B!Charlotte I feel like wanting to do a Y1 bride clear so I'll see if I can get it done before the map is over (if not then it'll have to wait for the BHB re-run).

LOL sometimes it's tough! (or Celica needs them to come into play sometimes). almost all of my dancers of note are +atk. (or +spd). except for Lancezura (-atk. - which i intend to fix, it bugs me), and depending on what goes, i might fish for another Nohrzura.. but the question is do i really need that many more Inigos. I struggled with giving Myrrh Aether for the longest. I mean I pamper Myrrh to pieces  but aether just takes that 1 extra turn to proc. Steady Breath means she'll have to run lightning breath (not a problem, but she loses the Great Flame Eff). I think for Myrrh Sol is her Aether. (I might try this in the future. I have more than enough ravens to kill and try it out and see what i prefer). 

congrats on getting all brides. I have all 4 myself - i should try that on a map one time. 

Kinda forgot to post my experience with this one, generally for these I go for my usual arena team or est emblem, but I decided to clear with edgy colorless dragon emblem, took a few tries and cancel affinity on legendary robin, but it wasn't too hard, the team was edgy tiki, duma, edgy corn, and edgy fem robin, mostly base kits (reposition was used on duma and corn, duma was also running armor boots), no merges.