Grand Hero Battle of Justice: Cynthia

SatsumaFSoysoy

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Nice, Canas knows no mercy for GHB bosses. Apart from a short break where Lyn takes over, he nukes the whole map again.

He's bringing in the pain these days, it's so amusing!

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Nice job! I love the champion Cynthia music from Pokemon DPPt. ^^ Best champion theme in the series imo.

It was fitting given we're facing Cynthia but not the badass champion though. xD

5 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Frosty That is one drugged up Canas. I don't think I've seen that before lol.

He's in a fair number of GHB/BHB clears these days. I've passed down a hefty number of skills to turn him into the terror he was in FE7; if with the Luna tome that is.

Also I forgot to ping in @Landmaster, had a little brain fart moment; my clear is in the previous page.

Edited by Frosty

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/23/2019 at 6:47 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Landmaster That's a nice remix of You Say Run. Nice DC Nah! But she won't replace Myrrh, right?

I'm finally done with school and have more free time to exist now I guess. Tried to watch most of the vids.

Anyway, here's my super late Cynthia vid, since I was on vacation and couldn't post it. Wanted to show off Kagero's new refine, as well as my new Leg Eirika, who I gave Galeforce to by feeding her my Brave Roy (sorry mampfoid)

I'll probably still use Myrrh when I need that extra armor tankiness~ Two Red Dragon options is better than one, OFC~

Awesome seeing all these awesome refines~ Sophia's animation is one of my favorites and Kagero does massive damage and makes great use of that Vantage! Galeforcing L!Eirika is also always fun to see~ Great clear!

On 6/24/2019 at 12:32 AM, Frosty said:

Aha, you also went the Champion Cynthia theme route~ Very fitting! Canas handled all those enemies with no issue and him doubling Cynthia herself is very respectable, great work!

On 6/20/2019 at 6:32 AM, Ginko said:

Now that I have a little time to response to some of my friends.

@Landmaster Wow! That Nah is a beast. I got one of her too (free pull), she is +Def. Not sure to build her or fodder her skills to my infantry team since I already have Young Tiki.

Nice, +Def's a good boon! I honestly find Infantry Breath is not that good~ It would be much better as a Drive instead of being a Spur. But if your Infantry team usually relies on Spurs than Drives, it's a really good Skill

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So supppper late but I was on holiday when this map came out originally, so time to remedy that with my clears! but first some super late comments!

@mampfoid Oooh nice Velouria debut! Azura being at 1 HP scared me though hehe

@Alexmender Flash effect? Doesn't matter when you don't take damage!

@Nanima Good thing about the Takus being colourless means you can give them any breaker (well not Bowbreaker for flying Takumi though). Looked like a smooth clear, trees don't matter and Cynthia being flying just sealed the deal.

As for the princesses, your OG Sakura still impresses me to this day, and that well timed Miracle was perfect! Bow knights tend to be annoying in these maps. The last clear was also really impressive, Reyson with Hit and Run sure impressed me with his offensive presence while Sakura had a close call with low health in the end. 

@Landmaster Ohhh Cynthia theme. And Hero Academia music! That's so smart! Watermelon dragon sure had no problem tanking hits. A shame Lucina did pitiful damage but the rest of the team made up for it.

As for the newer video (with a Cynthia theme remix), Broadleaf Fan sure looks addicting to play with (even if Elise holds it weird). Nice job of using OG Elise to finish it off with a well timed Miracle!

@DLNarshen Nice use of Awakening villain music. Loptuous shows how it should be feared instead of Grima. He hardly took much damage!

@Ginko A nice offensive clear, moving up the map with little trouble!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Brave to have a mostly red team on this map! Seeing Sophia tank with 0 damage sure was satisfying, and Kagero showed off her refine very well (and just barely lived with 1 HP after tanking). Eirika looks fun with Galeforce, too.

@Frosty Bladetomes solve everything! Seeing the destruction from Canas sure was satisfying, and great audio pun.

@daisy jane Nukers and fliers sure do make this map easier!

----

Well that was a lot of binge-watching. Now for the actual videos!

Firstly is the obligatory Justice Cabal clear! Wanted to do this the most at the time but wasn't in a place to record.

Team is neutral Cynthia, +Spd/-HP Owain, +Atk +1 Male Morgan and neutral Gerome

Music is Too Honest from Garou: Mark of the Wolves

- Justice Cabal to the rescue and rid the imposter Cynthia! Unfortunately, Shadow Cynthia is a bit too speedy, so my Cynthia needed extra stats from Slaying Lance to work in this map. Her Link skills also helped support her team.

-Gerome slays horses easily, while Morgan provides debuff support. Morgan also liked being damaged for a Brazen Atk boost to deal with some of the mages. Owain offers Reposition support at first but starts to show his heroic tanking skills later on. A Spur Atk boost was needed so Gerome can KO the nasty bow archer near the end.

----

Now enter the hero squad, complete with Arthur's heroic refine!

Team is +Spd/-Res Arthur, neutral Cynthia, +Spd/-HP Owain and +Atk +1 Ophelia

Music is No Justice from Fire Emblem Fates

-Our heroes have arrived! Featuring the patron of Justice Arthur with his refine, Cynthia and Owain for their Justice Cabal shenanigans and Ophelia who is the Dramatic Heroine.

-Cynthia needed the extra stats from Slaying Lance to give an extra push. Iote's Shield so the archer goes a certain way. A little bit sad she was just shy of one-shotting units but good thing Ophelia had a Rally!

-Owain needed Sol for self-sustain to keep the right side busy, creating a heroic diversion. He then joins in on the action to the left side, but he needed a Spd boost in Atk/Spd Bond to double the red mage.

-Arthur's refine is fun when the hidden stats activate. Fury adds more stats, and Res Wave activates the effects even when he's alone. Lancebreaker makes quick work of the imposter Cynthia. Brazen adds more stats on top of that!

-Ophelia was mostly rally support until she was ready to take over Owain's job on handling the healer. Funnily enough, without Savage Blow, the red sw

@mcsilas I'm liking the performance of your CHOP members!  Especially good guy Arthur with his surprisingly high Spd.  I really underestimated his refine.  Hopefully Gerome can get something good too in time.  He has a great voice/lines, but is a bit overshadowed by his mother and even Haar...

• 2 months later...

@Hilda This GHB is pretty easy but I admire your ability to clear it with the trio with no SI. Sure it's possible, but the effort to do it is something I'm sure most people lack. Your dedication is something else.

@LordFrigid Kinda refreshing seeing Naesala more or less take Tibarn's place as the flying beast sweeper in this clear. Even if Tibarn himself does a better job at the role overall. Fun.

@Nanima I'd almost forgotten how satisfying it is to see Skadi's effect in action. F!Takumi set the stage for this battle. Wiping the raven mage clean and setting up all the enemies for basically a clean sweep. I'm actually pretty interested in seeing what kind of refines him and Gharnef would get if they were on the table.

@Alexmender A classic Eirika clear. No less than I'd expect. Still, taking no damage from the boss of the level with WTD is pretty much impressive no matter what. Even if this is an old clear it still holds up.

@Sasori Siegbert MVP here. He opened up the map in a particularly brave fashion (ha, I made a joke, cause he was competition for Brave Roy before his refine, eh? eh?) and laid the groundwork for the rest of the team. They stood their ground pretty impressively the next couple turns. But it was all just setup so he could come back in and sweep again at the end. Bonus points for using Alfonse as well, don't see that every day. Not then, not now.

@mampfoid Wow... watching one of your clears brought me down a bit. In a nostalgic way but still. Unlike me, after you stopped doing clears you really stopped and didn't come back. Can't imagine how easy it must be for you to clear content now if you're still doing one turn clears without recording.

@kirauza343 Another classic. Admittedly I didn't start watching your clears until much later but I don't see you do clears too much now either. A fun watch as always, I can always count on you to showcase why Celica is still one of the strongest mages around.

@Landmaster Nah ate the map. M!Morgan and Yarne pitched in to be sure and S!Lucina did some surprise tanking but the lead of this team was obvious. She's actually really a powerhouse. I'd forgotten with all these armor dragons running around. Too many units want DC though, she needs that to be great. Also reminds me that I have a +ATK/-RES and +DEF/-HP one and I don't know which one to keep and which to feed to Lute... on one hand I'm getting more ATK power and when I eventually get a 3rd Nah I'm set... on the other hand the other Nah has +3 to both DEF and RES as a trade off... crap I started rambling. Anyways, great clear and the theme was... oddly satisfying. I felt like I should have been cringing, yet I actually enjoyed it. To my own surprise.

Elise clear was great as well.

@DLNarshen Ah yes... lord Julius. What can I say about this guy that I haven't already. Such a fun unit. His damage is insane and the healing from Mystic Boost is so good. Then there's the -6 damage from all sources. He's a freaking beast and It's never not fun to watch him work. As someone who always wanted a Mystic Boost tank but never pulled a 4th Eir, I really enjoy him.

@Ginko Ha, I've missed these guys. deceptively fast Shiro, galeforcer Siegbert, tactical nuke Kagero and clutch dancer Ryoma. Map? what map? All I saw was a slaughter.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Almost missed this one. Hm, so this is when Kagero's refine was new, huh? Bunch of different feelings from this clear. Kagero has me wondering what my game would have turned out like if I'd picked her as my dagger project instead of Matthew way back when. Eirika is a unit I've never actually seen in a clear which is neat and Sophia seriously takes me back to the early days where she was one of my best clutch units. I lowkey wanted resplendent Sophia if we're being honest. Clear was great as I'm sure you already know.

@Frosty Nice Canas clear with fun editing. Poor guy needs a prf so bad. Blade tomes can allow anyone to shine however so at least mages have that (except for colorless ones!) I remember I considered building him when I saw he was going to be a unit and it depended on his skills and stats.... I'm sure you know that didn't happen. Which only makes me respect your favoritism even more.

@mcsilas Team effort here. I kept being terrified that Gerome was going to get wiped by many of the magic users on this map but his team mates had his back and your positioning was on point. Everybody flowed well here, especially considering there was no healing to speak of. Due to the nature of all the ranged units Owain didn't get to do too much, but at the very least he got to claim the glory of the final strike. Thing about him is that his skill set practically screams (Give me Distant Counter!!!!) it's like that for a lot of units, sadly.

@daisy jane @eclipse @BoaFerox @Cute Chao @Usana @Sunwoo @Dayni

Jesus that was a lot... I definitely understand why I'm so backed up. Watching and commenting on clears is more time consuming than actually doing and uploading my own. After everything I just typed though I'm gonna be brief. I have a lot of clears... like 10+ I haven't uploaded because I simply haven't had the time. The only way I could realistically pump them out with any relative speed would be to skip other people's clears and that would make me feel a certain way so we'll have to go about this at a snail's pace.

This particular clear is from quite a while ago. Not her debut but probably her 2nd or 3rd rerun, not sure which. I did it quite a while ago. I'm picking this GHB to post because it's just one clear.

For my own very, very late clear. This is one of my earlier clears taking Ross for a spin with his bestie, Lute. Their teammates today are Mia and Silque. I remember getting a little annoyed when I was actually recording but when I look back on it this was a pretty simple clear. Just a matter of giving people the right seals for some key moments. I highlighted them for the most part during the clear. I know for one that the Spur ATK/SPD seal on Mia and the Darting Blow seal on Ross were crucial.

Anyways, that's all. Just watch Ross be a boss. Oh, and the others are there too~

@Zeo Yeah maybe one day I'll give Owain DC (I just wish his Res was higher for that). At the very least he does more in the Arthur clear, but hey Reposition duties is always very important in a clear! 😛

I really need to refine my Lute, Sabotage looks pretty fun to see. Nice to see a Mia as well, been a while since I've seen OG Mia in action while Silque had some nice Drive Atk support. That said, Ross sure is a star in this show with that Wo Sol combo!

@Zeo Don't worry about the late response/clear!  We all appreciate your comments and with the maps constantly being rerun it can be a nice blast from the past. x)  Ross and Lute are such a strong duo, I wouldn't be surprised if they could take on some of these maps themselves.  If only Lute was easier to get more copies of...  That's not to discredit Silque and Mia of course.  It's rare they get to see any action, and they played their back-up roles nicely. 

• 3 weeks later...

Late replies are late~

@mcsilas - I didn’t realize I never commented on these. I’m pretty sure I watched them~ Well, either way, I always like Awakening Kids themes. Gerome is a great asset on this map against all these Cavalry units. The end came pretty close, but the group came together to get the job done

Oho, I don’t see Arthur often enough, his Prf got a lot of value here. I love seeing Ophelia with non-AOEs, that final kill was great

@Zeo - I never get bored of the Ross-Lute duo~ I see why that Darting Blow was necessary, I always get annoyed by Cynthia’s Spd in this map. Clearing the map with basically two units is a great feat but Mia was a nice special guest and Silque defiantly helped on the supportive end.