Byleth's change in hair dye...

So, I have two theories as to why Byleth's hair color is different after the time skip. In my mind, Byleth is either the reincarnation of Seiros or the Goddess's child, from the many things we've seen so far. So, following this idea, I think there are two possibilities:

1. The light green hair tone is actually Byleth's original hair color. Their father Jeralt knew of Byleth's true identity, and Byleth is the reason Jeralt resigned as a knight and became a mercenary. He made Byleth dye their hair a darker color so as not to bring any attention to them. When Byleth becomes a teacher at the academy, Jeralt goes back to being a knight so that he can stay close to Byleth and protect them should the secret be found out. Somewhere close to the end of the first part (or during the 5 years), the secret is revealed anyway, and Byleth stops dying their hair since it's lost its purpose. Also, Byleth could either know of their origin all along and not say anything, or not know anything and simply follow their father's weird orders.

2. Byleth starts with naturally teal hair, but their particular power, which seems to be related to dark magic if the purple aura in former trailers means anything, starts taking a toll on them the more they keep using it, and the more they master it. Their body gets sicker and weaker as time passes, and the light green tone could be a reflection of it (among others), meaning their hair will eventually become fully white, and somewhere at the end of the story they'll die from the usage of their own power.

What about you, guys? Any other crazy theories? 😄

Edited by Chopper...

It's weird, because it looks like Seiros' green hair, but at the same time we know that Byleth has the same crest & weapon as Nemesis. So, my shot is that Byleth is somehow the third party between Seiros (Green hair) and Nemesis (White hair), hence the light green hair. Byleth's ancestor could be the child of the two, somehow.

Crack theory time:

Seiros and Nemesis are Lovers, the reason for fighting is obviously a property division, after Byleth was born, because Seiros is that bitch and she did not wanted a child. But Nemesis F up.

But she is sure as fuck wants that child support money!

Nemesis naturally is a shit dad ofcourse, so he dyed his son/daughter hair and sent them far away, and told Seiros that "baby is kaput lol  No money for you bitch!" because fuck that responsibility and shit, he just wants to drink bear and watch football in a pub with his mates Anankos and Validar, the epitome of best dads in FE.

And Seiros dosent even need dat child support money, she already sold all of Nemesis's videas and consoles on Ebay, which she got in a property division, ofcourse, for a shit ton, because she is that bitch and all bitches are scalpers,naturally.

My point is Byleths parents are assholes.

But that is just a theory, a game theory.

Edited by User name

I think it's just "super sayan" really, it's there to represent some form of awakened power (be it the crest, some Seiros connection or whatever else).

On Jeralt: either he is evil, he is not our actual father or his appearence is a disguise. I don't believe for one second that the sacred chosen hero that can wield a legendary weapon and has a powerful crest is just the son of a random mercenary guy, unless he slept with Seiros herself or something.

He is merely using the power of Kaiser dragon, that's why his hair are blond/white ish.
Hey, one can dream right ? We don't know why, there's a lot of theory about it.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

A shot in the dark theory I have is that Byleth is slowly turning into a manakete throughout the game due to the effects of time travel.

But why would time travel transform you into a freaking dragon ? How does that work ?
Look out Kira ! If you use Killer Queen too much you'll transform into a dragon with god like powers !

But, I ask myself why would a Crest would change your hair color too, when it's not the case for everyone else, so yeah...

21 minutes ago, B.Leu said:

But, I ask myself why would a Crest would change your hair color too, when it's not the case for everyone else, so yeah...

Because Byleth is the chosen one. Chosen ones always have some weird super powers lol

In the last shot of the e3 trailer his hair color seems really similar to Nemesis, and by now it is pretty much unanimous that he is related to him, maybe the power to alter time is something that Nemesis also had and the white hair and maybe even getting older faster is a side effect of it.

Regarding Seiros, I don't think she's a dragon, but a descendant of one, evident by the fact that her eyes turn into lizard eyes in the last trailer. So she probably has some unique powers, but can't turn into a dragon like a manakete. I believe Byleth is the same hence his hair changing to green when he awakens, however since their crests are different, he is probably blood related to another dragon. This could also explain his telepathic bond to Sothis, who is almost certainly a dragon, since they may share the same blood. Sothis may be either his ancestor or at least a distant relative. 

He definitely isn't a child of Seiros and Nemesis, since both lived way back in the past and that war we saw happened the past. We know Nemesis is either dead or sealed for quite some time now, so even if Seiros is somehow alive due to her lineage and given Byleth is like only 20, it's impossible. In the first trailer Seiros was seen affectionately hugging the dragonbone sword, so there may indeed be something going on between Seiros and Nemesis, which would make Byleth their descendant, but it can also be interpreted in many different ways. Nemesis may have stolen the dragonbone sword which was originally hers. Nemesis may have killed the previous owner of the sword who was dear to her and stole the sword. Or maybe the sword was made from the bones of a dragon she knew and it is now dead. 

Since Nemesis and Byleth have the same crest, it's almost certain they are related and Byleth is probably  his descendant. As far as I know, there has been no signs that Nemesis has dragon's blood like Seiros, so Byleth has inherited that from someone else. As for Jeralt being his father, he is absolutely not. His bio clearly states he was a knight of Seiros who became a mercenary. Why is that? Because he found a baby/child, with abilities and lineage that were a threat to the Church. He may even have been directly ordered to kill this baby. So what did he do? He retired and adopted Byleth to keep him safe. Years later Church finds out about it when they visit the monastery and offers Byleth a teacher job just to keep him under surveillance. It just makes too much sense to me. 

To conclude, he is related to Nemesis due to his crest, but it's not sure if he is related to Seiros. Green hair means relation to dragons, he may got that from Nemesis(if he is like Seiros), Seiros or someone else. I also think his transformation is unrelated to his sword or crest. He is seen wielding the awakened sword with his normal hair in the gameplay and is also seen wielding the unawakened sword with green hair in a cutscene.

Edited by Zoderos
Added conclusion

11 minutes ago, goodperson707 said:

The trailer has a scene of original hair Byleth going super saiyen and seeming to have his new hair colour. Said scene also seems to heavily involve the sword of the creator. 

I am well aware of that, but just as I mentioned in the gameplay footage he is seen using the awakened sword with normal hair. There is also a scene where he is using the unawakened  sword with green hair. So it may indeed be unrelated. I could be wrong of course. Another clue is that Nemesis who even has the same crest also uses the awakened sword without his hair changing.  Just in case you are confused by "awakened sword" I mean when they infuse their crest into the sword and it starts glowing and being engulfed with red energy.

Okay, so here's my theory. It might be crazy but I believe it could actually be what they're going for. Putting it in a spoiler just in case.

Spoiler

So in the old days, we have Seiros and Nemesis, let's make them brother and sister for the added SoV feels, because I believe them to be either dragons or have dragonblood, both. Nemesis, let's go the Duma route, was going for power and unlocked secret powers, which came with going slightly crazy and making his hair turn white. But then he found out Mila.. I mean Seiros was up to something nefarious (what? no clue) and he had to fight her. Since Nemesis had gone slightly crazy Seiros could easily say he was the evil one and she was the divine being here. Thus she won this battle and sealed brother dear away.

Time skip to byleth's time. Jeralt is actually Byleth's father, and descendant from Nemesis. During his days as a knight he also uncovered he had powers (reverse time, wield a bone sword, etc.) and had to leave to become a mercenary to hide this. During Byleth's time as a teacher he is once more forced to use this power, and starts turning crazy slowly. Not slightly, no full on crazy. Remember that white haired guy in the trailer that kind of resembles Jeralt? I believe that to be him, he's the part 1 villain I think.

Skip the next five years, and Jeralt's plan activates and frees Nemesis, appearing to have not been all that crazy after all. Obviously Edelgard will try to stop Nemesis, and either Claude or Dimitri will listen to Nemesis who explains the church of Seiros is working in nefarious ways. Tahdah, war.

Then good old teach will have to use his powers again, and his hair starts turning white... drama! yay!

Let me know what scenes or confirmed facts I missed, so I can adjust my theory. =3

So I made some researches about the etymology of the names and I have a theory...

Spoiler

The Greek goddess Nemesis is also called Adrestia. So I think Nemesis is related to Adrestia. But we know that the Adrestian royal family are Seiros descendents.

So I think that Seiros and Nemesis were lovers. I don't know what exactly happened between them but there was a war and Seiros won. She then erased Nemesis's name of History so Edelgard's family became the descendents of Seiros instead of the descendents of Seiros and Nemesis. The kids with Nemesis's crest would be killed at birth and Byleth is somewhat a survivor thanks to Jeralt (maybe his mom gave him to Jeralt to save him). Byleth could be Edelgard's big brother or cousin. That's why his hair are Seiros/Edelgard colored post timeskip. It's his true hair.

On 6/13/2019 at 4:09 PM, User name said:

My point is Byleths parents are assholes.

This was so much fun to read 😆😆

-------

On 6/13/2019 at 4:42 PM, timon said:

On Jeralt: either he is evil, he is not our actual father or his appearence is a disguise. I don't believe for one second that the sacred chosen hero that can wield a legendary weapon and has a powerful crest is just the son of a random mercenary guy, unless he slept with Seiros herself or something.

I completely agree. Either he was charged with taking care of Byleth, or he's the MVP, because Byleth's dad has to have some very peculiar, special ancestry for Byleth to have such powers, crest and weapon.

-----------

On 6/14/2019 at 2:09 AM, Zoderos said:

To conclude, he is related to Nemesis due to his crest, but it's not sure if he is related to Seiros. Green hair means relation to dragons, he may got that from Nemesis(if he is like Seiros), Seiros or someone else.

I think he is related to both, actually! Just not as their direct offspring.

----------

On 6/13/2019 at 3:36 PM, Clathy said:

So, my shot is that Byleth is somehow the third party between Seiros (Green hair) and Nemesis (White hair), hence the light green hair. Byleth's ancestor could be the child of the two, somehow.

Or maybe, like in Genealogy if the Holy War, Byleth is the child of a Seiros' descendant with Nemesis' descendant! Except this time it wouldn't have been planned (or maybe it would?) and there's no incest involved, I hope.

4 hours ago, Chopper... said:

Or maybe, like in Genealogy if the Holy War, Byleth is the child of a Seiros' descendant with Nemesis' descendant! Except this time it wouldn't have been planned (or maybe it would?) and there's no incest involved, I hope.

this would explain why byleth doesn't talk, poor guy was born with no tongue.

on the topic of hair I would like to note just how much of pain it must be for sothis to do her hair every morning, guess braiding robbins in her hair is cute enough to be worth it though.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

12 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

on the topic of hair I would like to note just how much of pain it must be for sothis to do her hair every morning, guess braiding robbins in her hair is cute enough to be worth it though.

She's got some kind of time powers, she can take as long as she wants to do it.

Something to do with Sothis, I'm guessing. He has goddess telepathy and time travel because of her, why not get a slightly worse hair color to go along with it?

I for one, welcome our new mint-flavored MC.

• 2 years later...