• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's predict some designs:

Hubert might get a scar or two; maybe some longer hair for extra edge. Petra will definitely go full on Female Myrmidon archetype(aka legs). The smol ones(Bernadetta and Annette) will glow the f*** up, my prediction is both will be hot. Mercedes will get even hotter. I hope Ingrid gets a more intricate braid. Lysithea will become quite fanservicey now she is of age. Hilda and Dorothea won't lose their sex appeal. Raphael gets a great new outfit which perfectly frames his chest.

12 minutes ago, IDontKnowWhatImDoing said:

Lorentz will somehow become the hottest male in the game.

One of the first to come to mind for me  is also Lorenz. Right now he is meme-fodder but from what I have seen regarding the supposed leaks, he seems to have a major glow-up. Also of interest would be his potential development-the option where you give advice to students shows his reaction to be a   sincere one(was featured in famitsu i believe?), as he most likely actually does not know what he is supposedly "doing wrong" in getting the attention of girls. Would be nice to see him grow to be a kind of mellowed out inigo, regarding the attitude (in terms of "always keep smiling etc.)this is just speculation on my part though. Also of interest are dedue(i just love him already ok) sylvain and the younger ones especially. I could imagine caspar,ignace, bernadetta and the like changing drastically in comparision to more mature students

24 minutes ago, IDontKnowWhatImDoing said:

Lorentz will somehow become the hottest male in the game.

The hottest one being of course Ignatz.

Which guys are the most likely to grow Facial Hair ? I can see Raphael getting a great beard.

Personally, I am most exicted to see Sylvain, Dorothea, Petra and Ferdinand post timeskip.. I feel that Hubert, Duedue, Mercedes and the like probably won`t change much. The young ones (Lysethia, Annette, Ashe etc.) will change a lot, obviously. The teachers probably won`t look any different, if we see them at all.

I do hope the post timeskip looks for the other students are kept a secret until the game comes out. That way, we will have something else to be excited about.

I do expect Lorentz to look less silly post time skip and I certainly hope he does. 

Hubert already looks like one of the older students so I doubt we'll see any big changes in him.

Ashe will probably lose the babyface. Maybe he'll look more like a noble as the successor of his probably doomed father.

I imagine Bernie will get a more determined looking portrait to show her growth. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I do expect Lorentz to look less silly post time skip and I certainly hope he does. 

Hubert already looks like one of the older students so I doubt we'll see any big changes in him.

Ashe will probably lose the babyface. 

I imagine Bernie will get a more determined looking portrait to show her growth. 

Ashe resembling Lonato at least a little bit would be cute; especially as most likely by this point Lonato is dead.

I'm going to call Ferdinand and Sylvain continuing a gentleman-cavaliers' subtle rivalry, with both gaining moustaches. Ferdi will end up with a stately Tom Selleck, while Syl gets the dashing Errol Flynn.

Edit: I forgot Lorenz! Okay... he'll get the Errol Flynn, and Sylvain will have... the Hulk Hogan handlebar. Sylvamania running wild, brother.

Edited by LSM

I'm excited to see how each student's story will change their design !

My wild guesses for the Blue Lions : Ashe will be more stern and hardened (because of Renato's rebellion and possible death). Annette will be more confident in herself, will beautiful long braids. Sylvain will drop his lady-lover thing and become more Seth-like. Felix will be more like Dimitri, with a long ponytail. Dedue and Mercedes will not change at all, or very little. (And I can't say anything about Ingrid.)

For the Black Eagles : Bernadetta will still be a little shy, with maybe her hair covering part of her face. Dorothea will look like Manuela. Petra will perfectly speak english/japanese and have more tattoos. Linhardt will have longer hair. Caspar will become more cynical and maybe lose some sense of justice. I'm guessing Hubert will not change much, and Ferdinand will still be annoying. >:3

For the Golden Deers : Lorenz will become hot and very popular with the ladies (that'd be fun). Raphael becomes more serious and will have actual clothes. Leonie will still be best girl. Hilda will drop her lady-like act to become a fully-fledged assassin (Okay I may be going too far with these theories). Ignace will look like an artist with paint everywhere. Lysithea will become super badass. Marianne will look like a Church lady like Rhea.

There, that's some weird theories, but I love making wild assumptions. It helps with the waiting. ^^

I'm looking forward to seeing how time treats the students during the time skip. I predict that:

Black Eagles- Hubert will get side burns and a small pony tail, Dorothea will get a new hat or add more embellishments to her old one, Ferdinand will have a more coif hairstyle, Bernadetta will appear more assertive, Petra will let her hair out and have multiple little braids running through it

Blue Lions- Dedue will lose his ponytail and keep his earrings, Felix will let down his hair, Mercedes will get a hair cut about to her shoulders

Golden Deer- Leonie will grow out her hair, Raphael will have sideburns and a beard, Lorenz will have an improved haircut...he must.

I'm curious as to whether or not there will be changes in voices as well. Ashe, for example, has a higher pictched voice in comparison to some of the other men we can hear. Will his voice deepen after 5 years? If so, that would be a nice and rather interesting touch. There could be tonal shifts as well, like a character who is more lighthearted as a student having a huskier voice and more pessimistic disposition in the war phase of the game.

5 minutes ago, SimplyUnknown said:

I'm curious as to whether or not there will be changes in voices as well. Ashe, for example, has a higher pictched voice in comparison to some of the other men we can hear. Will his voice deepen after 5 years? If so, that would be a nice and rather interesting touch. There could be tonal shifts as well, like a character who is more lighthearted as a student having a huskier voice and more pessimistic disposition in the war phase of the game.

I'm sure VAs will be given direction on that sort of thing so we'll definitely be able to hear the 5 years of a difference in their voices, especially the boys. From what I've heard Dimitri sounds a lot grittier but it's definitely the same dude; Claude sounds a bit more calm and collected.

We've had character portrait changes in the series before, such as the main characters of Radiant Dawn but not on a cast wide scale such as this, it makes me really excited, especially when the last major timeskip we really had was Awakening's 2 years where nobody got any new designs and it was pretty much just a plot device to drive the kid plot forward. If not for the mention that Chrom has a kid now the 2 year timeskip would've been almost completely irrelevant.

4 hours ago, SimplyUnknown said:

I think so because Japanese Ignatz hasn't even lowered yet and his VA is a 30 year old man. I'd imagine that they chose him so that Ignatz can get a pretty drastic change in voice and design.

Sidenote, during the Treehouse play, the player (Audrey?) noted that Ignatz is one of her favourite characters so I think we'll be either seeing some pretty drastic changes in both designs and characteristics. 

Everyone becomes hotter, except Lorenz, who will look almost exactly the same. And Marianne becomes more of a mess.

Real talk though, I think I'm most excited to see how Ashe changes. He has a bit of a baby face now, but he already looks quite attractive. With a few more years... and all that family drama... who knows what'll happen?

Unrealistic hopes are that Felix, Sylvain, and Raphael all get facial hair. Not a lot on the former two, but Raph needs a full beard, FE6 Hector style. Please.

Are Felix, Claude and Sylvain not doing it for you? Bearing in mind i'm straight male I thought they were pretty attractive.

For Blue Lions:

I'm kind of expecting Felix will drop his bun and become the staple long-dark-hair Myrmidons.

For Black Eagles:

Caspar will probably look like Akihiko Sanada post-Persona 3. Bernadetta will look the same, but just stand taller.

For Golden Deer:

Marianne... Rinea?

Edited by May

5 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

Are Felix, Claude and Sylvain not doing it for you? Bearing in mind i'm straight male I thought they were pretty attractive.

Felix is doing it for me and I have seen many girls gush about the latter two. I have seen a LOT of girls going gaga over post time-skip Dimitri. Ashe also seems to get some attention in that departement though usually more of the mothering kind.

Ultimately it all boils down to personal taste though and some peopleay just be turned off by the art style.

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

Just make ONE of the guys hot, I'm BEGGING for a husbando at this point.

I feel you.

Although I kind of like Ferdinand and hope he will not be too annoying. Well..depending on his design after the timeskip everything might change. So a second option would be great. Dimitri looks fine 5 years later, but I don't like his name for reasons.

10 minutes ago, DuckPhoenix said:

I feel you.

Although I kind of like Ferdinand and hope he will not be too annoying. Well..depending on his design after the timeskip everything might change. So a second option would be great. Dimitri looks fine 5 years later, but I don't like his name for reasons.

Dimitri's all I'm working with at the moment so if it's not looking better for anyone else after 5 years, whelp~

1 hour ago, SpiceMan said:

Sylvain's a no (though I have seen people say they find him attractive so I'm the odd one out, I guess), Felix is a hell no, Claude's okay but I don't really like the Post Time-Skip look~ I've never been a big facial hair person~

41 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Dimitri's all I'm working with at the moment so if it's not looking better for anyone else after 5 years, whelp~

Sylvain's a no (though I have seen people say they find him attractive so I'm the odd one out, I guess), Felix is a hell no, Claude's okay but I don't really like the Post Time-Skip look~ I've never been a big facial hair person~

Chinatsu Kurahana is not doing it for me, despite being an artist for this Otome game. One should think she could make more handsome guys. The girls all look fine. Why is it so hard for the guys?

I would like to have at least one guy for every path...but Golden deer is missing the potential.

Maybe the art direction is to blame.

How do you feel about male Byleth? Because I think he looks quite handsome. I will definitely make a run with him and marry him to the girl I like the most.

You know what. Sylvain is kind of growing onto me...although he is not ideal. Something about his eyes is weird to me. I agree on Felix, but Claude weirdly enough looks better to me post timeskip. I just hope not more potentially handsome guys get facial hairs.