Etymology of characters name

8 hours ago, ShinkaiNoAki said:

UPDATE: Cyril, Solon, Thales and Kronia added + Linhardt's, Ingrid's and Leonie's names "completed" (I have no clue about Linhardt's surname)

Thanks!! I'm really glad I'm not the only one who find this kind of stuff interesting!

Hevring is one of daughters of Ægir and Rán from Norse mythology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Daughters_of_Ægir_and_Rán

• 2 weeks later...

Just came up with a potentially interesting connection between Marianne's name and Edelgard.

The 4th Famitsu article shows that Marianne and Edelgard have the same crest (see link).

https://serenesforest.net/2019/06/19/three-houses-4th-famitsu-article-nightcrawlers-tea-parties-offerings-saints/

Spoiler for King Lear below:

Spoiler

In King Lear, there are a ton of characters in this game, including all the below in Leicester:

the Earl of Gloucester, Cordelia, Regan, Goneril, Edmund

But what if there's a sixth?  The Earl of Gloucester has two sons, Edmund and Edelgard.  In King Lear, Edgar kills Edmund.

And it just so happens that the character named after Gloucester's older son happens to share a crest with the character named after Gloucester's younger son.  Are Edelgard and Marianne secretly related?  Can Edelgard kill Marianne?

4 hours ago, Xandest said:

Just came up with a potentially interesting connection between Marianne's name and Edelgard.

The 4th Famitsu article shows that Marianne and Edelgard have the same crest (see link).

https://serenesforest.net/2019/06/19/three-houses-4th-famitsu-article-nightcrawlers-tea-parties-offerings-saints/

Hide contents

In King Lear, there are a ton of characters in this game, including all the below in Leicester:

But what if there's a sixth?  The Earl of Gloucester has two sons, Edmund and Edelgard.  In King Lear, Edgar kills Edmund.

And it just so happens that the character named after Gloucester's older son happens to share a crest with the character named after Gloucester's younger son.  Are Edelgard and Marianne secretly related?  Can Edelgard kill Marianne?

So Golden Deer is

Spoiler

going to murder each other because of Marie

makes sense tbh.

And then Edelgard:

Spoiler

" I killed my own sister to get this power! Do you really think YOU have a chance to stop ME, sensei!?"

Asuming you didn't picked Black Eagles, ofcourse.

Edited by User name

The name Seteth reminds me of the Egyptian god Set, whose name could also be read as Setesh or Sutekh. This might be a bit of a stretch tho, lol

(he was a deity of war, deserts, storms, death, and foreigners, and depicted with the head of an unknown animal somewhat akin to a dog)

Edited by lliiraanna

13 hours ago, Xandest said:

Hide contents

Lemme me just say if Edelgard does kill Marianne I will warp myself into three houses and pull a Jon Snow Season 8 series finale on Edelgard.

• 7 months later...