GP Theory: The Sword of the Creator and Durability

So something I immediately noticed during the gameplay we've gotten featuring Byleth and the Sword of the Creator features the sword with 20 durability. Yes, 20. But, I felt that was way too low for a legendary sword, and the amount they used this weapon in gameplay. So here's what I think:

The weapon will have 20 durability.

The weapon durability decreases the same as any weapon.

The weapon still breaks, but here's the catch.

I think the weapon will return to its original 20 durability (even if the weapon did not break) after the battle/chapter. If this is true, It'll be interesting how it will play out.

And if I'm wrong then, this weapon is pretty much a weapon you'll just be carrying around in your inventory for most of the game and rarely taking it out. However if I'm right, it'll be pretty broken with it's Might and range. But you can't just solo with the weapon basically.

TL;DR: I think Byleth's weapon will regen it's durability after the battle.

source.thumb.jpg.24d8fc1c2b7950ce404f6908979ffbd2.jpg

Edited by Emblemier Ben
typo

8 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

Or you can just simply repair it, like every other broken weapon. 

Sounds like a nuisance with 20 durability. + I think repairing legendary weapons would cost a lot?

Edit: How would they even fix it logically anyway though?  That doesn't look common material lol.

Edited by Emblemier Ben

Just now, Emblemier Ben said:

Sounds like a nuisance with 20 durability. + I think repairing legendary weapons would cost a lot?

I think 20 uses is to not run through maps with just Byleth and whip the enemies out. So you have to strategies a bit, if it's worth using etc. As for the costs to repair legendary weapons... I could imagine at least 5000G and 3 Smithing Stone thingies

6 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

I think 20 uses is to not run through maps with just Byleth and whip the enemies out. So you have to strategies a bit, if it's worth using etc. As for the costs to repair legendary weapons... I could imagine at least 5000G and 3 Smithing Stone thingies

Very true. but that's like 12 or so fights before the weapon will need a repair, 5000G would be a ton.

2 minutes ago, Emblemier Ben said:

Very true. but that's like 12 or so fights before the weapon will need a repair, 5000G would be a ton.

Not even 12 fights. I don't know, but legendary weapons probably cost way more to repair than you're usual iron sword

2 hours ago, Emblemier Ben said:

So something I immediately noticed during the gameplay we've gotten featuring Byleth and the Sword of the Creator features the sword with 20 durability. Yes, 20. But, I felt that was way too low for a legendary sword, and the amount they used this weapon in gameplay. So here's what I think:

The weapon will have 20 durability.

The weapon durability decreases the same as any weapon.

The weapon still breaks, but here's the catch.

I think the weapon will return to its original 20 durability (even if the weapon did not break) after the battle/chapter. If this is true, It'll be interesting how it will play out.

And if I'm wrong then, this weapon is pretty much a weapon you'll just be carrying around in your inventory for most of the game and rarely taking it out. However if I'm right, it'll be pretty broken with it's Might and range. But you can't just solo with the weapon basically.

TL;DR: I think Byleth's weapon will regen it's durability after the battle.

source.thumb.jpg.24d8fc1c2b7950ce404f6908979ffbd2.jpg

Could go the Berwick Saga route or Genealogy route.

1.) Berwick Saga Tomes, like Pallas Rhea recovered uses a little bit after each battle. 

2.) Genealogy legendary weapons broke and were repaired like every other weapon.

If I were a betting man, I would go with the Berwick style approach since repairing a legendary weapon by any old blacksmith doesn't make sense lore-wise. Then again that happened in Genealogy so I could be wrong. 

3 hours ago, User name said:

This game has FE4 weapon system right? So you can repair wepons after they run out of durability?

given the way magic works, I think there may be more to it.

besides in fe4 every weapon had 50 durability.

Alternatively, that sword is tied to Sothis' powers and it's durability might be increased by doing her quests. (seriously, the Treehouse Live video showed a mission where Sothis sends you to a canyon and your class follows you to do a welfare check.)

The way I see it is that no weapon in this game breaks when it's uses reach 0; apart from items of course. This is how I think it will go.

For physical weapons; reaching 0 durability results in incredibly hindered stats; but the weapon can still be used if wanted, and the uses of the weapon can be repaired(most likely through the forge).

For magic spells; reaching 0 durability results in not being able to use the spell for the remainder the map, but after the map's completion; uses are regenerated. The maximum amount of uses for each spell can be increased through class skills, etc.

For the Crest Weapons; similar to magic spells; reaching 0 durability results in the weapon either not being able to be used for the remainder of the map, or having severely hindered stats. Either way, after the map's completion; the Crest Weapon's uses are regenerated.

15 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

As for weapons not breaking at all, why do you have a lot of money early on and easy access to the church's arms dealer?

I could see you needing both money and Forging stones to fix weapons; and you'd still need to buy new weapons for different units and get new weapons that appear in the shop as the game continues. Not to mention you needing to buy stuff like Battalions and Items.