Potential DLC

I wouldn't be surprised to see the usual grinding DLC.

One thing I do wonder though is if they'll take inspiration from other games like Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 which have done full story expansions.

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see the usual grinding DLC.

One thing I do wonder though is if they'll take inspiration from other games like Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 which have done full story expansions.

Yeah grinding dlc are kinda guaranteed, as for story dlc a la botw and xbc2... I'm not sure. Maybe way after the release. 

Probably the usual grinding stuff, maybe some story dlc, we're definitely gonna get beach dlc. Stuff along those lines I'd imagine, as usual.

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I suspect there will be a DLC pack detailing what the lords and their retainers were up to during the 5 year timeskip. Dimitri changed a lot so I think people would be really interesting in buying a chapter like that. 

I never thought about that actually. That would make the most sense as story dlc.

1 minute ago, Owain Dark said:

Hm, I think there'll be explanations ingame and cutscenes what happened during the timeskip and what happend to Dimitri. 

There no doubt will be but additional dlc could go a bit more in depth and display some interesting situations. 

Same with the others. Like maybe Claude had to fight another house trying to oust the Von Riegen's from their position of leading lords or maybe Edelgard had to restore order in Brigid. A lot can happen in five years. 

54 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

School trip dlc when?

This is what I think. That’d be really interesting, and it makes it a little more like actual schools.  I think it’s more of a military school however. BUT, Fire Emblem is an Anime RPG say all you want but it is. Fite mei 

When it comes to Nintendo game DLC packs, Fire Emblem has been far and away the most ridiculous in my opinion, so I'm dreading the details myself. In all three of the previous games, buying all the DLC cost more than the game itself at launch, even when buying bundles of content together as the cheapest option. Awakening costs $50 dollars to get everything. Fates was just $26 but I count Revelation as DLC so $46. And we didn't even get everything Japan got. Echoes was $45 but got deservedly high backlash since it was so overtly advertised compared to the previous games.

It's also possible that the DLC for this game will be announced before launch, so we may not have long to wait if Echoes is anything to go by. I hate to be so cynical but the only DLC content I found to be pretty cool was Rise of the Deliverance, since that was a story DLC involving canonical events that further characterize the cast. That's the sort of thing I'd like to play but I expect it to be a one-off idea.

Im expecting the usual grinding stuff, obviously.

I would like to see maybe some character dlc? Whether that be Cipher cast, or previous game's characters, FEH OCs, something like that.

Im also hoping for post game challenge content. Maybe not as intense as Apotheosis, but something fun and challenging.

If we got classes similar to the Overclass DLC from Echoes; I'd imagine they'd just be extensions to the final class tier; or maybe a few for each. I highly doubt they'd add a fifth tier if they did add "overclass".

I definitely expect Cipher DLC adding the two characters that were introduced after the original four in Echoes.

I'm also expecting the DLC Season Pass to be overpriced.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I definitely expect Cipher DLC adding the two characters that were introduced after the original four in Echoes.

Last I checked, there's seven Cipher mascots as of now.  Beyond the "original four" from Echoes (Emma, Shade, Yuzu, Randal), we've had Alice, Valjean, and Niamh introduced since then.  Last I checked, that adds up to seven, so how did you get six out of that?

10 minutes ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

Last I checked, there's seven Cipher mascots as of now.  Beyond the "original four" from Echoes (Emma, Shade, Yuzu, Randal), we've had Alice, Valjean, and Niamh introduced since then.  Last I checked, that adds up to seven, so how did you get six out of that?

Because i didn't know Nimah existed. I haven't kept up with Cipher in a long-ass time.

21 hours ago, Armagon said:

Funny I have just speculated on their strengths and weaknesses on the other thread if their students in the Monastery.

More classes a la Fates and Echoes I think. And some of the DLC never gets localized. Still salty about what happened with Fates. And of course your typical beach, hotspring, and grind levels that we always have. Maybe some of them can have unique conversations between characters that otherwise can't support a la Fates and Awakening.

I will say this though. If they do bring in the grinding DLC, this will probably be the first time I pass on it.

More so than ever, it feels like grinding would devalue this game than previous games. The fact that you have a limited time in the school phase really puts emphasis on how you decide to spend that time, which helps with replayability. Plus, children being gone means I can actually take it easy with supports.

Not necessarily. Even if you can buy new maps, it doesn't mean they will not require time or the teacher points.

If those maps could come with more enemies, better drops or even just bit more lore that alone would be good reason to aquire them.