Thoughts of an "Online" Fire Emblem game?

BriForABri

So, this may sound kind of strange, but I recently had a dream about an entirely new kind of Fire Emblem game. Surprisingly, it was actually kind of vivid. Basically, it went like this:

It was an online battle set on a massive map consisting of three different and distinct factions (Red, Blue, and Green). One of the factions was made up of entirely flying units, while another consisted of armored units, and the final one had all cavalry units. It appeared that each faction had a leader that was carefully coordinating and ordering units to attack the other factions. Using strategy, one of the factions eventually took over and captured all of the enemies' forts, lands, etc. Thus, that leader was declared the winner.

I have always entertained the idea of an online-strategy Fire Emblem game, but I never knew what it would look like. Until now, that is. Of course, I do not expect this kind of FE game to ever be made, but I think it would certainly be an interesting spin-off game if it ever were created.

But what are your thoughts? What would your opinions of an online FE game be? Do you have any ideas on how to create such a game? I would love to hear what you all think!

FE with online features battle nuh (ala FE11)

joke aside, probably need a twist, like deleting the turn-based aspect of it and twisting to another genre (example, Phantasy Star was a turn-based RPG, then turn to an Multiplayer Action RPG)

An online Fire Emblem game would be cool. An interesting idea could be like, in the same way some MMO's allowΒ players to team-up for PvE stuff, for this hypothetical game to do the same. Otherwise, players going solo use a standard set of units, given throughout the story or by questing or other stuff that rewards this kind of things. Of course, this could also apply for PvP things.

18 minutes ago, link16hit said:

probably need a twist, like deleting the turn-based aspect of it and twisting to another genre (example, Phantasy Star was a turn-based RPG, then turn to an Multiplayer Action RPG)

Nah, I'd say it'd be best to keep the turn-based strategy thing. While FE has branched to other genres, being a SRPG is it's main thing, so it'd be best if any kind of online game to keep it.

53 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

An online Fire Emblem game would be cool. An interesting idea could be like, in the same way some MMO's allowΒ players to team-up for PvE stuff, for this hypothetical game to do the same. Otherwise, players going solo use a standard set of units, given throughout the story or by questing or other stuff that rewards this kind of things. Of course, this could also apply for PvP things.

Nah, I'd say it'd be best to keep the turn-based strategy thing. While FE has branched to other genres, being a SRPG is it's main thing, so it'd be best if any kind of online game to keep it.

the turn based combat would interfere to much with the flow of a multiplayer game especially in a cooperative sense (turn, pause, pause, turn add more pauses for each additional player and repeat) and well you could probably find a niche audience for it most mmos live or die on player base sizes. you would have to add atleast some real time aspects in order for it to actually work as a game in the mmo sphere.

that said retaining the strategy aspects and larger unit collections would be a good idea for maintaining brand cohesion.

FETO on feplanet was pretty much this a long time ago. But it was rather clunky mainly because waiting for people taking turns as well as it being a fan project back in like, 2008, so it was never really finished.

Of course I'm assuming you mean official game by IS.

Edited by Tryhard

17 hours ago, FE_McFly said:

So, this may sound kind of strange, but I recently had a dream about an entirely new kind of Fire Emblem game. Surprisingly, it was actually kind of vivid. Basically, it went like this:

It was an online battle set on a massive map consisting of three different and distinct factions (Red, Blue, and Green). One of the factions was made up of entirely flying units, while another consisted of armored units, and the final one had all cavalry units. It appeared that each faction had a leader that was carefully coordinating and ordering units to attack the other factions. Using strategy, one of the factions eventually took over and captured all of the enemies' forts, lands, etc. Thus, that leader was declared the winner.

I have always entertained the idea of an online-strategy Fire Emblem game, but I never knew what it would look like. Until now, that is. Of course, I do not expect this kind of FE game to ever be made, but I think it would certainly be an interesting spin-off game if it ever were created.

But what are your thoughts? What would your opinions of an online FE game be? Do you have any ideas on how to create such a game? I would love to hear what you all think!

you should probably take a look at Advance Wars for GBA, an old franchise from IS that died out after the Nintendo DS era.

or going back even further,Β Super Famicom Wars for SNES.

they all have the very same concepts you described before.