Fire Emblem: Three Houses Special Edition (1)

Fire Emblem: Three Houses Special Edition Poll  

84 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the special edition?

• Very good
    • Good
    • Cautiously optimistic
    • Ok
    • Cautiously pessimistic
    • Bad
    • Very Bad
  2. 2. Even if you aren't to get the edition, which version would you choose?

• European
    • American
    • Fodlan Collection / Japanese (just here in case.)
  3. 3. And at last, are you getting the special edition?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not decided

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/29/2019 at 11:00 PM

When I refer to "Special Edition", I'm referring to the Seasons Of Warfare or the Fodlan Collection. Although they have quite a bit different, I'm talking about the version available in your country. And uh, if your not in those countries, go with what version you would choose.

Decided to make this because I'm curious what the consensus is on the Special Edition of FE16 compared to what people think of the previous Special Editions.

Another last thing I will say is that I will be releasing a second topic a few days after the release to see how the opinion on the edition has changed, since we don't know the full OST yet.

(Probably good though.)

PS: Don't forget money

Edited by Emblemier Ben

I'm personally not getting it because I don't really care about the majority of things that come with a collector's edition. Personally, I'm fine with just the game and nothing else. I don't want to spend the extra money on things I don't really care about, even if the art book looks pretty interesting. Just not enough to justify the price.

I'm getting the American version since that's where I live. I'm cautiously optimistic on it since this will be the first time I buy a FE Special Edition. I've only bought the Zelda TP HD Special version with the limited Amiibo in the past, so I don't have much experience with these.

Same opinion, I'm not getting the collector edition, because I don't want to pay extra money for things I'll look at for several days and then it will take dust on a shelf. ^^' And I don't listen to the OST much. I'll be getting a free coin with my game, it's not much but at least it's free xD

i'm not getting the special edition simply because i'm not really inspired by the art in general( even though some character concepts and armor designs are quite good ), but probably a unique USB key from the EU version is far more worthy than a calendar that could be just printed out, at least for me.

Edited by Fenreir

I am getting the American Special Edition of the game, but I actually like the European Special Edition more at first glance. I like the pins more than the calendar, and I would prefer the unique USB to the CD since my laptop does not have a CD port

41 minutes ago, Coreyographed said:

I am getting the American Special Edition of the game, but I actually like the European Special Edition more at first glance. I like the pins more than the calendar, and I would prefer the unique USB to the CD since my laptop does not have a CD port

Hey, let's trade the pins and usb for CD and calendar then :3

I preordered the EU Special Edition (even tho i prefer the NA version by far) i managed to get Fates's Special Edition at his launch and although i was mildy dissapointed by the artbook, i buyed it more out of practicality than anything, and in the end i consider myself satisfied with my purchase. Three Houses's Special Edition is more expansive despite not being superior in content compared to Fates's (although the price of the game itself is probably one of the reason) so i really hope that they won't be stingy with how much content they put into it, and make the spending worth it. 

I'm getting the EU version which I'm happy about since I like pins and I don't have a cd rom in my laptop so the usb is nice. Overall it's a decent SE, though I wish we got a poster of Fódlan like we did with the Fates SE and it's continent or just a nice poster in general.

I managed to get the American version, but then canceled because it was too expensive and I was uninterested at the time. However, I think the Japanese version is the best and the American version is the worst. None of them are really bad though that might be because the only thing I ever care about is the artbook so the other stuff doesn't matter to me.

Eh, the only reason I would really want it is for the music, and for the 'steel' case (because it would look nice on the shelf). Not enough reason for me to splurge on it, though, so I'm just going to get it through the eshop

I originally wasn't planning on getting the SE (I actually have the regular version pre-ordered), but now I'm financially in a better place than I was a few months ago when I made that decision. And I'm a sucker for SE's. I got Fates SE (because all games in one), Echoes SE (cute pins and CD), and BotW SE (not FE but still). I have the boxes and their cool stuff proudly on display. Sound Selection CDs obviously aren't as nice as full OSTs, but I already listen to the two 3H tracks we were given (main theme and Fodlan Winds) on repeat because I like them so much, and I wager I'll like most if not all of the others.

But the calendar is only good for a year... But the steelbook looks so cool... I'll have to think on it a bit more. I do like the American SE better than the other options, though.

The only special edition I bought was for FE Fates because of the all-in-one cart. I don't buy SE because of SE don't interest me much but good for those getting it. I wish I have that much money to get those SEs. 

I might pick up the Special Edition in Europe if it's still in stock by the time I get there. I wouldn't actually play the game until after 2020 though because of work/university obligations. But it's just I am mainly waiting to purchase a smaller Switch version (if it ever becomes announced/released). I'm on the fence on it though... I adored the art style for Echoes, but I don't quite like the art style for Three Houses (I really do like the cutscenes though). I'd have to think about it more before spending ~$100 on it.

the us one is the worst by far, a calendar is not the kind of thing to put in your ultra special limited edition.

other than that, the steelbook is nice, artbook is standard, cd is cool (though some may find it outdated due to the dominance of digital).

I am getting it for the steelbook admittedly, though I won't mind the artbook or cd, but I am legitimately annoyed by the calendar, just a waste of effort, I mean, I know pins aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I would rather not be getting something I could make myself in an SE.

@thecrimsonflash I know not everyone wants to order from Gamestop, but aren't the pins in the EU SE like... extremely similar to the Gamestop pre-order pins? Both sets feature the three house flags. Maybe the EU SE pins are a bit fancier, but I would personally rather get the calendar AND some pins xD

Just now, Pen said:

@thecrimsonflash I know not everyone wants to order from Gamestop, but aren't the pins in the EU SE like... extremely similar to the Gamestop pre-order pins? Both sets feature the three house flags. Maybe the EU SE pins are a bit fancier, but I would personally rather get the calendar AND some pins xD

I'm not even saying I care for the pins (SoV's sprites were way better IMO, these are too non distinct), I just think the calendar was a stupid idea, there are a lot of cool knick knacks you can put in an LE but a calendar is just mundane, for comparison, FEW's most expensive japanese limited edition came with a dragonstone paperweight, please bring your d game(world map made with the office printer lol) at least because this is your g game.

I have the American one preordered.

This release is something I’m really hyped for and I generally don’t allow myself to splurge on special editions. I really wanted the art book and CD, plus that sweet steelbook case. Calendar is ehhhh but that’s fine.

For me, it is almost a tradition to be eyeing up the special edition, waiting for the budget to be plump enough to justify that kind of discretionary spending, but by the time I have the cash, the special edition is all sold out. This time I was able to catch the gamestop online store while it was still in stock and much to my surprise, they ship to my isolated address. So I was actually able to pre-order the SE for once.

While I am (cautiously) hyped for the game itself, I personally am looking forward to the artbook. Flipping through concept art and observing the process from concept art to in-game graphics has always been a fun past time for me. As for the CD, I've liked the music so far, and if what we have heard is indicative of the rest of the music, then I might have found my new music set for long hours in the OR.

Some new pins for the med coat would be nice too...

Getting the US special edition and I am pumped! I have a nice Fire Emblem collection that I must keep up on! I, too, am disappointed by the calendar in place of pins from the EU edition. If anyone here in the US still hasn't ordered theirs, however, GameStop is currently offering a different pin set if you preorder the special edition with them! I am tempted to switch from Amazon to them, but the price is a bit higher. Also, I have mixed feelings about GameStop. They had the infamous Fates special edition preorder fiasco a few years back, in which they sold more special edition preorders than they had copies of so some folk had theirs canceled. Personally, though, I recall GameStop had a promotion that if you preordered both copies of the game with them, they would give you three free keychains of Azura, Xander and Ryoma. I preordered with them, but I did not receive any sort of keychain; and, when I asked, they said they had no clue. Not necessarily their fault, but, alas, I have never preordered from them again.

I'm gonna hope and pray there's still a special edition at my local game store to pre-order when I get paid in 2 weeks time. I've got everything prepared including asking for the weekend of the 26th off my work to play it - just haven't organised getting the game itself just yet 😕

I'm getting the American Special Edition. It'll be my first FE special edition. The only problem is that I'm going to Alaska around the date of 3 houses launch so it means waiting a few days, Not only have to avoid spoilers, but also potentially package thieves. ( Luckily where I live package thieves are very rare so that shouldn't be an issue. ) 

Went to my local gamestop and learned all the special edition pre-orders were sold out and I was like "Welp guess I'm getting the standard." and that's that.