Rate the character: Sigurd

SSbardock84

Give a review and a rating of the unit. Whether it's performance or stats. It can be a multitude of things such as what you like about them in general or don't, etc.

Another game I've only played through once, but recently enough that it's still fresh in my memory. Sigurd was one of my best units in Part 1 and favorite as well. He blows through the enemies rather easily. As tragic as his story is, it's one of the best out of the Fire Emblem lords imo. While the five chapters of Part 1 are rather long, I wish there was a bit more to Sigurd. Anyways, for me, once he had Tyrfing in hand he was basically unbeatable.

Overall Rating- 8/10

Probably one of the most over powered lords in the series. Has a horse and a great sword and gets tyrfing eventually which is op as fuck since it's a holy weapon in a game where holy weapons are op as hell. As a character he's meh, probably on the lower tier, though I do like his manga persona. Extra points though for dying, not many lords can say they that in FE now so 8/10.

(Only played FE4 once)

This guy is a beast. This is the best resume that I can give. With his High Stats, Horse in Horse Emblem, Skills, Good Growths and Tyrfing, he completely destroyed my 1st Part. He also have access to Lances, giving him more Weapon Triangle Advantage and 1-2 rng weapons. (+5.0)

However, I don't know much about his personality. His personality seems to be going to ways: ''Funny and Lazy'' (especially on the Translation that I used) (which I hate on Sigurd) and Honored and  Chivalrous (like in his FEH incarnation) (which I love), or just both. So...+3.5 (I don't recall much from FE4. Does he gets more mature by the events of the game?)

Bonus!:He was my First 5-Star unit in Heroes. +1.0

From a pure gameplay perspective, he's arguably the best unit in the series. I'd say Seth edges him out, but he's a contender. 10/10.

As a character, he's a pretty bland, straight-forward character, which is kind of his strength. He's a sword and sorcery legend stranded in the wrong genre, and suffers for it, which is a powerful concept honestly. I haven't played the (supposedly far better?) recent localisation, though.

Sigurd is certainly one of the best units in the entire series, that's all there really is to say about that. He's a beast, 10/10 unit. As a character, his story is tragic, and as such pretty different from every other lords'. He's Hector and Ike before Hector and Ike were a thing. Great character, 9/10 or higher.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

then gives us his son, who will usually turn out okay.

Fire-Emblem-Seisen-no-Keifu-Japan-En-by-     Fire-Emblem-Seisen-no-Keifu-Japan-En-by-

i wouldn't exactly call "okay" a unit that has 10 times the base MGC of his father in order to nuke enemies with magic swords, and more than double his base RES. Sigurd is mainly a melee fighter, but Seliph is a jack of all trades.

anyway, Sigurd's all right. probably one of the best Lords in the franchise due to balanced stats, mobility and OP signature weapon. the only downpoint is the weakness to Knight Killer lances due to being a horseback unit. i'd say 8/10.

2 minutes ago, Fenreir said:

Fire-Emblem-Seisen-no-Keifu-Japan-En-by-     Fire-Emblem-Seisen-no-Keifu-Japan-En-by-

i wouldn't exactly call "okay" a unit that has 10 times the base MGC of his father in order to nuke enemies with magic swords, and more than double his base RES. Sigurd is mainly a melee fighter, but Seliph is a jack of all trades.

The thing about random screenshots is that you could have anything from a certain single-digit speed 20/20 Eliwood to my freak of a Tomas who had 7 Res (or something like that) as a level 20 Dracoknight.

A bit of applied math would indicate that this particular Seliph is nontrivially strength-screwed (as an example).  In general, Seliph should be able to pick up where Sigurd left off.  He isn't going to be as dominating as dad, but he'll function just fine as a unit.

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

A bit of applied math would indicate that this particular Seliph is nontrivially strength-screwed (as an example).  In general, Seliph should be able to pick up where Sigurd left off.  He isn't going to be as dominating as dad, but he'll function just fine as a unit.

while the lack of STR is rebalanced by MGC, he also has more HP than his father. you don't need to be STR capped when you're already doubling and critting with a Silver sword most of the times.

the only downpoint is that Seliph will need time to get to promotion stats/bonuses, while Sigurd already starts on horse.

Sigurd's bases are overwhelming and he has easily the best growths in the first generation. So he starts out strong and only gets more ahead as the game goes. Since repairing weapons is a thing, Sigurd also doesn't need to hold back when it comes to taking advantage of his high weapon ranks. He even gets a Silver Sword just handed to him in the Prologue. His Leadership also makes allies fight better simply by being near them.

Guy is just plain silly. 10/10

Edited by BrightBow