Class promotion

Naga

OK, since E3, there have been some 3 houses gameplay here and there. and the one thing that got me both thinking and worried is about the classes promotions

I don't know if I'm right, wrong or just mistaken, but do you promote in this?

I mean the classic cavalier lv 10 + item = paladin

I honestly haven't seen any advanced class (like paladin, general, hero, etc.) footage yet, though that might be because there is none out yet

plus, I saw... weird things to say the least, like a lv 24 cav dimitri, but that might just be the people who were playing it

but the point is: how do the promotions work? and what promotes into what? 

17 minutes ago, Naga said:

OK, since E3, there have been some 3 houses gameplay here and there. and the one thing that got me both thinking and worried is about the classes promotions

I honestly haven't seen any advanced class (like paladin, general, hero, etc.) footage yet, though that might be because there is none out yet

plus, I saw... weird things to say the least, like a lv 24 cav dimitri, but that might just be the people who were playing it

but the point is: how do the promotions work? and what promotes into what? 

Promotions are a bit different in Three Houses, but very much still exist. 

Levels don't reset when promoting or reclassing in Three Houses. Once our commoner/noble units reach level 5, they'll be able to promote into the Beginner classes. At level 10, they'll be able to promote into Intermediate classes using "Intermediate Seals," which are acquired by various means. Once a unit passes the exam for a certain class, they can freely change back and forth from it without expending further seals. 

After that, there are Advanced Classes, and there are seemingly another tier of classes after that. Current speculation places the level cap at around 40-60. In other Fire Emblems where levels reset upon promotion, the theoretical "cap" would usually be 40 total levels (20 + 20), so this shouldn't be too unusual in practice. 

Here are some pictures:

image1.jpg

image0.jpg

Edited by Disclaimer

The most significant changes are:

That units levels don't reset, they keep advancing towards the cap (we don't know what that is, but likely something like 50) uninterrupted

Any unit can be any class available to their gender, but in order to unlock the class, they need to hit character and weapon lvl requirements and use some sort of seal. For example, in order to become a Cav, I believe you need a C in swords or Lances and a D in the horse riding skill.  We've seen intermediate seals and I assume Master Seals are still around for the higher tier(s) of classes

At level 5 characters can use a Beginner Pass to take a Certification exam to gain access to a Beginner Class: Myrmidon, Soldier, Fighter and Monk. At level 10 they can use an Intermediate Pass to take the Certification exam for an Intermediate class: Mercenary, Cavalier, Brigand, Archer, Thief, Armored Knight, Mage, Priest, Dark Mage (male only), Brawler (male only), Pegasus Knight (female only), Lord (House Leaders). In order to pass the exams your Professor Levels (Weapon Ranks, Authority, Flying, Riding, Heavy Armor) need to be high enough; for example Cavalier need a D rank in Lances and a D rank in Riding for a 100% pass rate (if they're not quite at the level they need to you pass rate will be lower). Advanced (and potentially Master) Classes will likely function the same way

Spoiler

058-certifications2.jpg057-certifications.jpg

9 minutes ago, Naga said:

Technically no, you really just class change.

Your starting party (the MC and the members of the house you choose) all start a Commoners or Nobles, which act like the villagers from Echoes and can become anything you want later on.

as you level up, your characters gain the ability to change into a number of classes when they reach certain levels. Beginner classes at Level 5 (Myrmidon, Soldier, Fighter, and Monk [a mage class]) then intermediate at 10 (Mercenary, Armor Knight, Cavs, Pegs, thief, archer, etc.), plus Advanced classes at an unknown level and we're pretty sure a fourth tier after that.

Any character can be any of the classes available at their level, provided they can pass that class' exam, which requires an item based on the tier of the class, and that the character has high enough weapon ranks in the skills the class requires, (Sword for Myrmidons, Lance and Riding for Cavs, etc.)

Once they pass that exam they can switch between those classes freely outside of battle. As far as Promotion chains/trees go, they don't really exist anymore. as long as you have the right weapon ranks you could go from fighter to thief to Sniper if you want.

Here are the Class Exams shown in the Treehouse Live segment.

Armored Knight: (Axe - C or higher, Hvy Armor - D or higher)

Spoiler

09a4teW.png

Brigand: (Axe - C or higher)

Spoiler

Yf7qixJ.png

Cavalier: (Lance - C or higher, Riding - D or higher)

Spoiler

mfrRiOY.png

Mercenary: (Sword - C or higher)

Spoiler

dQMt6Eo.png

Thief: (Sword - C or higher)

Spoiler

5fxRlLy.png

Based on these I think we can estimate what the other Intermediate Classes will require.

Pegasus Knight: (Lance - C or higher, Flying - D or higher)
Brawler: (Axe - C or higher, Fighting? - D or higher) - [Male only. Brigand doesn't require Fighting, so might need something to make it unique?]
Archer: (Bow - C or higher)
Mage: (Reason - C or higher)
Dark Mage: (Reason - C or higher) - [Male only. Otherwise has same proficiencies as Mage, so unless one requires some Faith as well.]
Priest: (Faith - C or higher)

These are just guesses, but based on the known class exams each will need a C or higher in the main weapon, and D if it requires a second skill. Maybe some advanced classes require Exam Completion of one of the lower level Class Exams?

So, in theory for the Advanced Classes: B or higher for main weapon, C or higher for secondary skill.

Then master classes: A or higher for main weapon, B or higher for secondary skill.

Edited by Lord_Grima

I assume you will get proficiency in combat so even if there is no official class tree, there certainly "ideal path" to get certain Classes. Ie if you want Eldegard be wyvern rider, you might want take Pegasus knight class first.