A serious discussion about lolis

With one of the primary characters in three houses being what many would consider a loli, this has lead to some backlash by some members of the fanbase, now, I personally like lolis and am appreciative to see one in a major role since sacred stones and I also think that sothis is shaping up to be a rather intresting character so far.

So, I guess where I am going with this this question, why do you hate or love lolis and how would you change them to make them better in a general sense?

Also, please refrain from the mention of lolicon and removal from the series outright, this adds nothing to the discussion, also don't forget to be respectful I know that this can be a touchy subject with numerous opinions on it.

For me, while I like lolis, I do get a bit annoyed that there is always such a dependence on tiki which leads to reused designs and personalities, despite the fact that sothis look to be a real deviation from a typical loli, her design is still very close to tiki especially given that she uses a similar palette. 

In general I neither like or dislike loli's. I nothing loli's. Characters being a loli never interested me, I'm far more interested if they are a good loli or if they are handled tastefully. I really like both Sakura and Nino but I like them as good characters who just happen to be loli's. I do think this can be something of a weak link in Fire Emblem. A lot of times the loli's very easily fall into classical loli archetypes in ways the shota's typically don't. The shy one, the childish one, the overly happy one, the bratty one. In general I think the writing team might rely a little bit on the popularity of these character type carrying the characters. 

There is a little bit of an elephant in the room when it comes to loli's in Fire Emblem, namely that some of them run around half naked and can get babies. Things like that kind of taint the archetype as a whole which is probably why wedding Sanaki got more flack than she might have gotten if the archetype had been used a bit more tastefully before. But these scenario's should be really easy to avoid. There's a reason why Lissa getting a son was fine but Elise and Sakura getting kids being problematic. Lissa doesn't actually get pregnant as a loli but the little sisters do. Likewise the devs telling the character designer to put Nowi in some clothes would make that less awkward for people. 

As for Sothis. I'm not bothered by her being a dragon loli. At this point I would be far more shocked by the absence of one then their inclusion. Her resemblance to Tiki shouldn't be a problem either since Fire Emblem has always recycled archetypes. Gerik looks like Ogma and Eldigan looks like Camus. It comes with being in an archetype. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

A serious discussion about lolis

Also, please refrain from the mention of lolicon and removal from the series outright, this adds nothing to the discussion, also don't forget to be respectful I know that this can be a touchy subject with numerous opinions on it.

They are the same thing.

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

So, I guess where I am going with this this question, why do you hate or love lolis and how would you change them to make them better in a general sense?

you can't really ask for general opinions, and then pretend that people won't express their thoughts. might as well change the thread title and make it only for loli-lovers.