...we're being tricked.

Cysx

Okay, so we all remember this guy, right?
TfRHCfH.jpg

... that evil looking, crest crushing, neck breaking pink weirdo. You know, the bad guy.
Well, turns out... he may not have done either of those things.

See the sky in the top left of his frame? Dark blue sky. Okay.

zLM8FLd.jpg
... okay, that's not the same sky, sure, what does that prove? Well, here's the next frame with that sky:
pI4rymW.jpg

"Yeah, see, that's him!"
... but is it though? Let's look closer.
bHxIL83.jpg   TfRHCfH.jpg

Waaait a minute... nothing matches! Not the hair color, not the completely black cape with shiny borders, not the fluffy hood even! Did we get the wrong guy? Can we see his right hand?
jMPapM7.jpg  wFGJVKx.jpg

Okay, it's rough, but... no purple lines, it looks like a regular glove. Dang, seems like it actually wasn't him.

... right but surely, he is killing that poor unidentified lady in the E3 trailer, yes? Let's make the shot a little less dark...
fVnjO3w.jpg
Seems plausible!
... but wait, isn't something missing...
cwXkNoL.jpg   JnbijSp.jpg

No beard. No glorious light pink manliness. This guy's innocent! We were about to put him in villain jail without a second thought, when he might really be a good guy! Shame on us all! Let us apologize to this gentleman posthast...
3YuQxxf.jpg8j6tLvZ.jpg

... Er... let's give it some more time I guess.

I mean, we could be looking at a Garon/Iago situation here.  Just because Iago isn't Garon doesn't mean that he's a snow-white lily!

Wrong guy? Yes. Good job. 

17 minutes ago, Cysx said:

This guy's innocent! We were about to put him in villain jail without a second thought, when he might really be a good guy!

This?...I don't think so. This is Fire Emblem, remember? 

Edit: Wait a second.. @SimplyUnknown might be right! I actually forgot about the old dude. He has similar hair, clothing (you can see some of it alongside his hair) and nose. However, if I'm going to gamble, I would say that the ''Dead-Woman'' photo is old too. This would make him into a Finn of some sorts (Appearing in Part 1 and 2), but 5 years isn't...much for you to grow like that. (However, the Dead-Woman might be older than the events of Part 1, I don't know) My 2° Gamble is simply that those two are related, but not the same person.

Edited by BergelomeuSantos

I mean to be fair, he doesn't look stupidly evil. We still don't have a shot of him doing a Kaiba smile (trademark.) like Garon.

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I mean, we could be looking at a Garon/Iago situation here.  Just because Iago isn't Garon doesn't mean that he's a snow-white lily!

... Or well you could mention another bad character and dash our hopes and dreams and flowers, that works too. 😛

Though, I like this guy, I have a good feeling about him. He is just too good looking to be bad.
That doesn't make much sense, eh ? 😛

32 minutes ago, colossus86 said:

It's likely that it's an associated group of baddies that look similar but not identical. Like all of Jedah's people from echoes.

I feel that his design is too elaborate for that, plus we already have the plague masks appearing in cg. Not impossible, though.

25 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Yup, though I do have to say, since the E3 trailer he doesn't look evil anymore to me. Somehow.

26 minutes ago, SimplyUnknown said:

Could this guy maybe be this guy from the trailer? 

I think so too, but I guess there's a slight chance there are yet more older evil looking people we don't know of.

41 minutes ago, SimplyUnknown said:

Could this guy maybe be this guy from the trailer?

image.thumb.png.13f8230284444d59713b01518f0db581.png

Since he has a similar hairstyle and no beard?

Yeah i think this is the dude "dark red loking dude" from feb direct,his hair is sliped back too and maches the shadow figure, who chokes someone.

You can also see the pilars in both shots.

But that does not make the ofther "evil loking dude" any less evil.

Oooh, great analysis, I didn't notice that the evil-looking guy with black eyes was the one killing the woman.
Now that you pointed it out, I agree that the guy with a beard doesn't look toooo bad.

Spoiler

The fact that he somehow looks like Jeralt (when you look at their faces side by side, it's very noticeable. Could be a coincidence but it's weird) adds to the suspicion.

It's maybe linked to the fact that "Nemesis, the liberator king" sounds like the winners of the war branded him a bad-guy.

Looking at all the potential bad guys in the game, it made me really curious - so many possibilities, so many suspicious-looking people, so many intrigues are possible.

12 hours ago, Cysx said:
Spoiler

Okay, so we all remember this guy, right?

... that evil looking, crest crushing, neck breaking pink weirdo. You know, the bad guy.
Well, turns out... he may not have done either of those things.

See the sky in the top left of his frame? Dark blue sky. Okay.
... okay, that's not the same sky, sure, what does that prove? Well, here's the next frame with that sky:

"Yeah, see, that's him!"
... but is it though? Let's look closer.

Waaait a minute... nothing matches! Not the hair color, not the completely black cape with shiny borders, not the fluffy hood even! Did we get the wrong guy? Can we see his right hand?

Okay, it's rough, but... no purple lines, it looks like a regular glove. Dang, seems like it actually wasn't him.

... right but surely, he is killing that poor unidentified lady in the E3 trailer, yes? Let's make the shot a little less dark...

Seems plausible!
... but wait, isn't something missing...

No beard. No glorious light pink manliness. This guy's innocent! We were about to put him in villain jail without a second thought, when he might really be a good guy! Shame on us all! Let us apologize to this gentleman posthast...

... Er... let's give it some more time I guess.

Mind = Blown 😧
Honestly idk how to feel about this, but thx for posting xD

I heard someone say that this guy has similar features with Byleths father (but i didnt compare myself).... maybe thats theory gets stronger now, bc the "father" of byleth might have some power like his son/daughter or something similar (wich would explain hair color change? as byleth has one too?) and he activates his power to protect him? (from the church maybe?) idk.... like i said, i'm not even sure their faces are that similar xD

....aaaaand i just read the post over mine statin that they do look similar, cool 😄

One thing that always struck me as odd was, that Byleth is not trying to dodge the darkness "claws" reaching for him in this trailer.... hes just staring it down, like as if he was bracing for it. It might make sense if the influence might not be evil but in fact an ally (though thats not proven by these pics or the discussion here). On the other hand it might just mean the "evil things" cant touch/hurt him bc hes stronger than they/it are at that moment in time....

Edited by Arynee

Damn it, I suspected they were two different people during the February Direct. But the way the shadowy figures were framed in the recent trailer... I'm convinced they've been purposely trying to mislead up.

So the kneeling bad guy has an earring that looks like a purple eye.

The other bad guys says: So the Fell Star consumes even the darkness.

Fell Star.

Fell.

Fell + Purple Eye = Grima. I've cracked the code, lads.

5 hours ago, Onestep said:

Fell Star.

Fell.

High Quality Spongebob Long Neck Fish Blank Meme Template

5 hours ago, Onestep said:

Fell Star.

Fell.

BbsPtvs.jpg

Excellent deduction.