Least Favorite Class

Ilboss

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foot axes in general. They tend to have sucky stats everywhere but HP and Strength, and are honestly the worst classes in the series.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Pegasus Knights.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Cavaliers. They are boring and meh and are just used because they have high mov

Yet you like Pegasus Knights, which are just the same, but they fly.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Honestly, anything mounted. So pegasus riders, cavaliers and paladins of all sorts, and (to a lesser extent because they're cool as hell) wyvern riders. I just really like foot soldiers. Gotta make that action up close, on the ground, and personal.

I'd just like a game that properly balanced cavaliers like Thracia did.  Either that, or enable everyone to use mounts, 'cuz there's not much point in using infantry units if you can use cavaliers instead.  That's why I dislike them.

Armor knights really just need to not have the movement decrease.  I get that they're trying to go for this whole idea where they take up the rear like a sort of phalanx (because that's what actual heavy infantry would do; they're always in the back of any charge), but we're never using a proper military force; it's always a ragtag band of soldiers, mercenaries, and even civilian militants who have varying masters and causes to fight for.  So making armor knights slow to emulate military tactics doesn't work, it just makes them the worst units in the game.

Don't like axe-wielding infantry in a lot of games.  They're only really good in Thracia, and that's mostly thanks to the units taking on those classes being stupid strong (like Orsin with his Bhuj axe).  Same goes for Sacred Stones; Ross has stupid good growths and the ability to pick a class line that'll eventually let him scale mountains and cross seas, so he's naturally one of the best examples of an axe-fighter in the series.  Otherwise, they pretty much always suck at hitting things, and their bloated HP won't save their garbage defenses.  Which makes me think... I would love to see someone make Rhajat into an oni savage and just try to make her actually function as a unit.

Archers, generally (never cared for the mechanics of Bows being sitting ducks to melee weapons)~ Also never cared much for Pegasi because they're weak to bows so I always find them very annoying to try to grind. On top of that, seems like most characters I just happen to dislike are Pegasus Knights~

Sadly archers.  They're useful for Wyvern Riders and other similar units, but overall are usually underwhelming.  It's sad because I loved Niles as a character in Fates, but never used him much.

11 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Don't like axe-wielding infantry in a lot of games.  They're only really good in Thracia, and that's mostly thanks to the units taking on those classes being stupid strong (like Orsin with his Bhuj axe).  Same goes for Sacred Stones; Ross has stupid good growths and the ability to pick a class line that'll eventually let him scale mountains and cross seas, so he's naturally one of the best examples of an axe-fighter in the series.  Otherwise, they pretty much always suck at hitting things, and their bloated HP won't save their garbage defenses.  Which makes me think... I would love to see someone make Rhajat into an oni savage and just try to make her actually function as a unit.

I honestly fail to see how Ross is an exception when his growths aren't that good other than HP, Strength and Luck (AKA, typical axe unit). I don't see crossing seas or mountains as very practical in the grand scheme of things, either. It also doesn't help that there's only one Ocean Seal short of the secret shop... which isn't until 2/3 of the way through the game.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Pegasus Knights. Never had one that felt satisfying to use or even grew well. I just hate units who can’t deal damage (though I have yet to play Shadow Dragon and I hear Caeda is really good in that game). I’m also not the biggest fans of their characters, they always feel too tropey or bland to me.

Going to go with Knight's as well. Not because moving or stats, just not a fan of the design of them. I don't hate any class on a gameplay level, and i'm not going to hate on cavalier for being good. Is it wrong to give the player an edge somewhere? I dunno, I don't see anything wrong with it, though. Sure, you could say it's poor balancing, but when isn't Fire Emblem poorly balanced?

2 minutes ago, MrMinus said:

Troubadours because i think it's weird that in a lot of games, they're a straight upgrade to clerics/priest. It's obviously still a good class, but i don't like it.

I agree, units like Priscilla make units without a mount (Like Serra) almost obsolete.