Priscilla Unappreciation Thread

Dr. C

Beyond a Shadow Dragon of a doubt, Priscilla is my favorite unit in this game from her character story arch built by her supports to her mounted staff utility and promoted tactical nuke. 

But as someone who enjoys the intricacies and depth of analysis of units that Fire Emblem fandom provides, I want to play a devil’s advocate of sorts and see what the Serenes Forest Community can come up with as reasons why Priscilla is a bad unit.

Im just interested in seeing how someone would frame an argument like this.

10 hours ago, eclipse said:

. . .and what is the point of this thread, exactly?

It’s kind of a just for fun thread. Like so said total devil’s advocate exercise.

Generally agreed she’s a good unit so i want to heat a case for the opposite position.

there isn’t really a huge case for it, and that’s why you don’t hear it that much— priscilla covers all of the bases (heh) of a good unit: good growths, mobility, and she doesn’t rely on her initially low starting magic if you throw a mend staff her way, and even then the problem goes away quickly.

when you’re playing the game for raw efficiency, healer stats dont matter because there whole purpose is to heal, and they can promote early to offset that kind of weakness even further.

she also has the best affinity for supports in the game (anima), so like... at this point, what more could go for her? if you wanted to construct a case for her being a bad unit, you’d have to resort to combat arguments only, and even then she outgrows it with enough effort

in short, there’s like almost no way to paint her as anything other than a stellar unit

@Integrity i just effort posted on SF

I consider her the absolute best unit in ranked hard modes and still near the top otherwise.

The idea of this topic seems...strange. Why randomly decide to play devil's advocate, and why Priscilla?

7 minutes ago, Florete said:

I consider her the absolute best unit in ranked hard modes and still near the top otherwise.

The idea of this topic seems...strange. Why randomly decide to play devil's advocate, and why Priscilla?

i didnt want to say it outright because i’ve only ever done like two ranked hard modes, but this is essentially what i was trying to get at 

ty for existing red fox i appreciate you

She's definitely a good unit but I dislike her sad sack portrait and her fixation on her brother is kind of creepy.

There's your unappreciation.