Which FE game is the edgiest to hate on?

Edgiest hated game  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which game would edgelords dislike the most?

• FE1/3/11/12
    • Gaiden/Valentia
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Blade
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance
    • Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Heroes

We Fire Emblem fans enjoy playing Fire Emblem, but even more than that do we treasure our opinions regarding which game is the worst. Sometimes we do it because we feel a game gets too much love than it deserves and we wish we had some of that unconditional love. Sometimes we do it because having contrarian opinions is our default mental state and nobody has told us yet it's a serious issue that makes people not want to talk to you. Sometimes we do it because we have personal tastes that inform our opinions. But the majority of us just do it so we can be the coolest, most badass edgelord on the Forums. It's intoxicating. But which game is the edgiest to splurge our hate on? I pose the question to you all. Which is the hottest hot take?

Edited by Glennstavos

I hate Three Houses with an undying passion! Rip the calendar to shreds, tear down the school, replace Sothis with a naked Bantu expy, remove the voice boxes from everyone else and put them in Byleth, and have the artist do her real passion- making sexy dudes by the barrel!

*Cough cough wheeze*

Unfortunately, that, in less silly language is going to become commonplace soon.

Let me rank the FEs:

1. Nothing to really hate, it's antiquated and everybody knows that, with few to play.
  2. Same as FE1, if anything it is more likely to get random love whenever someone wants to criticize SoV.
  3. Who hates this? But at the same time, few people truly love it, so it can't be edgy to hate.
  4. Does edginess and polarizing go together, or does polarizing make the edgy not so edgy? Because FE4 is polarizing for sure.
  5. Hating on this can't be edgy when everyone admits to it being having rough faults, and it being a relative unknown few would praise and evangelize about to others without a lot of caution. I assume edginess needs popularity.
  6. Not sure if I'd call it edgy, few I think really love this game, the roughest and simplest of the GBA trio.
  7. Now this could easily generate plenty of edge for hating on. It's popular amongst the older FE players, without the polarizing aspects of Genealogy.
  8. Too small and not sung of enough to generate edginess.
  9. I could see lots of edginess here, for the same reasons as FE7.
  10. About as much edge as FE9, maybe more, maybe less, can't really tell.
  11. It generally gets more dislike than like already, therefore can't be edgy.
  12. Japan only, neither greatly hated nor loved. As edgy as a balloon animal.
  13. Is it edgy to hate Awakening, or are you just an anti-modernist?
  14. Same as FE13.
  15. To small with readily admitted map design faults to generate a sharp edge.
  16. I hate it I do! Edginess I sing for you! Expect all the topics, boo hoo for the mod in the tropics!
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Genealogy or Path of Radiance. Every other game's fans will usually acknowledge at least some of their flaws, but the fans of those two think they're perfect, so hating on them gives you all the edge in the world.

I mean, it's tried and true. We know there's still a particular variety of grognard that hates FE13, the game that basically saved the series, as the game that 'destroyed' the series. I know only too well, since I used to be (a mild version of) one of them.

Edited by Parrhesia

FE4, obviously because people hate the fact that horses are great units in that game. This alone splits most people. Which is funny because while people complain about it, they never mention things like Master Knight, etc. Which seems intended to be broken.

You think you are edgy for disliking one Fire Emblem game? Ha! I am so edgy that I hate the entire Fire Emblem series for killing Advance Wars.

Cipher is the worst because you cannot play it on an electronic device. I buy electronic devices for a reason, so if I play Cipher, it means I wasted money on buying electronics.

Out of all the Fire Emblem games I have played, I dislike Shadow Dragon the most. I hate the mechanic where you have to kill units to unlock other chapters and I think the first chapter literally forces you to kill one of your units.

• 3 weeks later...