What is your favourite class in Awakening and why?

Which class/es do you like best. Don't forget to say why please!  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which class/es do you like best. Don't forget to say why please!

• Tactician/Grandmaster
    • Lord/Great Lord
    • Cleric/War Cleric
    • Priest/War Monk
    • Archer/Bow Knight/Sniper
    • Cavalier/Paladin/Great Knight
    • Mercenary/Hero
    • Fighter/Warrior
    • Barbarian/Berserker
    • Pegasus Knight/Dark Flier/Falcon Knight
    • Troubadour/Valkyrie
    • Mage/Sage/Dark Knight
    • Dark Mage/Sorcerer
    • Wyvern Rider/Wyvern Lord/Griffon Rider
    • Knight/General
    • Villager
    • Targuel
    • Manakete
    • Mymidon/Swordmaster
    • Thief/Trickster/Assassin

As stated chose your favourite class.  This isn't a x class is better than y.  This is the class/es you like because you think they look cool or have awesome animations etc.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

I think the myrmidon classline is missing from the poll? The thief line is also missing, I think. I don’t know if it didn’t let you put any more options or there’s some other reason why, but I figured I’d point it out in case you actually forgot.

Anyway, I put Bow Knight, just because I like horses with bows. I think it’s cool, and besides, i don’t really like Awakening generals, which are my favourite class normally. I also like the concept of the Trickster class, though admittedly I haven’t found much use for it in any of my playthroughs 

I really enjoyed War Monk in Awakening, mainly because I hate dedicated healers and also am partial to axe users.  The Rally Luck skill was nice to have as well!  I also enjoyed the character juxtaposition of a holy monk also being able to efficiently kill in battle.

Edited by Anaphora
Added character reasoning

From a visual perspective, I guess I always liked Chrom Great Lord? Not quite sure, the perpetual lack of Gemstones on its Fire Emblem was a tad annoying, but I think I still appreciated it. Or maybe TMS#FE is rubbing off on me and altering my memories.

The Merc/Hero and Bandit/Barbarian classes looked good to me as well. Bride had some real silly animations.

8 hours ago, TheSilentChloey said:

As stated chose your favourite class.  This isn't a x class is better than y.  This is the class/es you like because you think they look cool or have awesome animations etc.

Dark Knight, simply because i always liked that class concept. partially, it's also thanks to other Final Fantasy games with similar concepts that made me main such classes, as long as knights, swords and dark magic was involved.

Grandmaster will always be my favorite class ever, because I love being able to wield swords and magic. Magic Swordsman is my ideal class soooo Grandmaster totally fulfilled this role!

I like how edgy assassins look, and also lethality critting for like 8 damage on a random nook always gets me to chuckle

Great Knight! Yeah, there's some Frederick bias there, I admit. 😛 But I actually honestly already liked the class a lot because of Sacred Stones. It just ended up being a bonus in Awakening that my favorite character happens to be one. I just always liked the design a lot and I'm a big fan of tanky units and horses. Also, I feel Great Knight is one of the few classes Awakening didn't completely butcher in the design department. Most of the classes in the game look anywhere from meh to horrible imo. The armor knight line being the absolute worst.

I also like Falcon Knights and Dark Fliers, and they'd be equal to Great Knights for me if the former hadn't lost swords and the latter had better armor.

Edited by Anacybele

Gameplay:

I Enjoy Using legitimately: Tie between Paladins and Wyvern Riders. The former may be boringly strong statwise, but that doesn't prevent me from finding them fun to use. Meanwhile, the latter are strong and can take a hit, something that pegasus knights can't always claim, so I have an easier (and more enjoyable) time exploiting their flying maneuverability.

Runner-up: War Monks/Clerics. While they may not be able to use their high magic stat, the extra defense more than makes up for it. Healers that can participate in battle and survive on the front lines fill a niche that isn't seen often in the series.

I like To Use Ironically: Knights and the Taguel (which the poll spelled incorrectly). Pair-up means that the former can give their partner a much needed boost in strength and defense, and they can be swapped to the front lines when tanking is necessary. The latter is an overall okay class that falls off as the game goes on due to 6 move becoming more common and their lack of promotion boosts, but I still like using them before I reclass them. I enjoy how them not participating in the weapon triangle is a double edged sword, beastbane would be overpowered if it applied outside the taguel class, and they get a use out of their bonuses without being reliant on them (*cough*manaketes*cough*).

Visually:

I Like Without Reservations: Everything in the Thief and Myrmidon lineup. They look fitting for their class names, and avoid being needlessly over-the-top. I also enjoy Robin's cloak because it works for both genders, and it helps differentiate them from the other characters without being distracting. I also like mages and sages, even if the number cloth thing is kinda strange on the latter.

The Armor Is Great, But The Helmet Sucks: Snipers, Great Knights, Generals, kinda Dark Riders.

Enjoy Ironically: Knights and Generals. They look ridiculous and impractical, but they also look like it's supposed to take some power to make a dent through all that metal. I also like War Clerics, because while the metal hoop skirt is strange, I kinda like how it has a bubbly energy to it

Animations

Favorite: Shapeshifters, Lords, and anything else that has unique animations to it.

Runner-ups: Uh... probably most everything else. I like watching the combat animations in Awakening, but none really come to mind. If I had to choose, probably mercenaries, myrmidons, thieves, and assassins as the latter two show competence with the blade and do a number of flips, and thieves have the cool backhand that's unique.

Also, most of the magic spells look nice. They don't wow me, but I enjoy spotting the differences between them.

Edited by Hawkwing
Forgot to finish some sentences.

The classes I like the most are the Cleric/War Cleric- because their Luna animation is awesome and I like Dark Mage/Sorcerer because magic in Awakening is cool.

Tactician/Grandmaster because they have awesome animations as well but the coat is EPIC.

I also like the Pegasus Knight and the promotions as well.  A shame fates had to shit on it like they did.

I also like the thief and mymidon classes as well because they have look cool.  Male mymidon is one of my favourite classes in the game because Lon'qu looks cool.

Edited by TheSilentChloey

Taguel because I'd been missing the Laguz from the Tellius games and I really enjoy what Panne offers in terms design in both forms and as a unit... plus Yarne  [Yes I like Yarne].

And it's just a bonus that Morgan can be a Taguel and kick people to death with her bunny legs

7 hours ago, ShadowEFX said:

Taguel because I'd been missing the Laguz from the Tellius games and I really enjoy what Panne offers in terms design in both forms and as a unit... plus Yarne  [Yes I like Yarne].

And it's just a bonus that Morgan can be a Taguel and kick people to death with her bunny legs

Don't forget M!Morgan can be a Taguel as well~

For me it`s a close tie between Grandmaster and Trickster.

Grandmaster: I like the look of it and how it manages to be good at using both swords and spells. The skills are pretty broken though.

Trickster; I LOVE the design of this class, feeling both fancy and practical. It also has the fewest differences between the male and female variants. The skills are rather meh and combat wise, Anna is good early game, especially with a Levin Sword, but falls of later on. Never used the other Trickster so I can`t comment.

Edited by Metal Flash

Probably Dark Knight or Sorcerer. Mainly on a thematic level, especially the Dark Knight. An armoured, horseriding knight that casts magic seems very cool to me. But I also like how thr Sorcerer feels like a special kind of mage with unique spells. 

Gameplay-wise, I like the Sorcerer's crit potential, longer than usual range, and HP drain abilities through their various spells. Dark Knights give mages more toughness, and the best stat (movement) goes up a good amount.  

Swordsmaster, because I think the female Swordsmaster is the absolute cutest! Sorceror is a runner up, and what I made my personal mu in Awakening solely because I was marrying a magic user (Laurent !!!). But Swordsmasters usually dominate my unit classes, Astra and Swordsfaire are fun!

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Tactician/Grandmaster as my top pick.

Fantastic design and color scheme. Tactician is kinda funny because it's just a casual undershirt, but when wyvern dung is about to hit the proverbial wind tome, all you need to do is slap on a coat and suddenly that class looks incredibly commanding. Bonus points for Grandmaster being armored up yet that coat keeps it subtle. Gives the impression that Grandmasters are sturdier than they look, that their first option isn't to fight but they can throw down all the same. I'm also a big fan of jack of all trades in general, and a physical/magic hybrid using is right up my alley.

Lord/Great Lord

Chrom and Lucina have nice clothing. Simple as that. But the best part is that their Great Lord versions are the only class, besides Grandmaster, to have a sleek armor design, something that Awakening sorely needs. Looks like you can actually move in that armor. Rapiers are a plus (I'm a fencer, I've always had a liking for those kinds of weapons).

Archer/Bow Knight/Sniper

Solid designs overall. They don't stand out very much and I kinda like that generic look. I really think the Sniper helmets are amazing, looks like they have some future-tech targeting system integrated into it.

Manakete

I don't really care much for the default look, but that flower transformation is very pretty and the dragons are flippin' beautiful! I think it's among my favorite dragon designs, ever. Love that plantlike/sea dragon look. Even the dragon breath manages to look good.

Mymidon/Swordmaster

Basically, I just like sleek designs. Those two classes have bad@$$ written all over them.

Thief/Trickster/Assassin

Reverse grip is interesting, and the Trickster has such a fun and unique design. Assassin is a little too much for me though, could really do without those blades on the arms.

Bonus classes!

Dread Fighter/Bride/Soldier

I'm kinda losing steam at this point, I just like the designs. And it's criminal that Soldier isn't playable (barely playable in Fates too). Love that conquistador design, armored (but not too much!) and I've always been a fan of scarves (like you see in one of the cutscenes). For me, the Soldier design is on par with the Tactician line.

Wall of text, hence the spoiler.

Edited by Slyfox

• 2 weeks later...

Grandmaster is the obvious choice with access to both Swords and Tomes, great skills and the awesome look, so im going with the second favourite instead. Everything about Hero in Awakening just appeals to me. The design, Sword and Axe combo plus the skills are all great, that´s all i can say. Runner up is Sorcerer as third

Edited by Reploid Dasher