Favourite of Link's Companions

vanguard333

Favourite of the "Fairy" Companions of Link:  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which was your favourite in terms of gameplay/usefulness?

• Navi (Ocarina of Time)
    • Tatl (Majora's Mask)
    • King of Red Lions (The Wind Waker)
    • Ezlo (The Minish Cap)
    • Midna (Twilight Princess)
    • Ciela (Phantom Hourglass)
    • Linebeck (Phantom Hourglass)
    • Spirit Zelda (Spirit Tracks)
    • Fi (Skyward Sword)
  2. 2. Which was your favourite as a character?

• Navi (Ocarina of Time)
    • Tatl (Majora's Mask)
    • The King of Red Lions (The Wind Waker)
    • Ezlo (The Minish Cap)
    • Midna (Twilight Princess)
    • Ciela (Phantom Hourglass)
    • Linebeck (Phantom Hourglass)
    • Spirit Zelda (Spirit Tracks)
    • Fi (Skyward Sword)

Throughout the Zelda series, Link has often had a companion character that follows him on his journey and helps him through exposition, hints, and even additions to the gameplay. By being the one character that's always alongside Link, they're also the character that gets the most time to shine (apart from Link himself obviously).

The question is, which one is your favourite?

Note: If I have missed one, please let me know so I can add them to the poll ASAP

Edited by vanguard333

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

No Linebeck?

Because my answer is Linebeck.

Does he count? I thought Ciela was the companion character in Phantom Hourglass (I've never actually played Phantom Hourglass) and Linebeck was just a major supporting character. If he counts, then yeah; I'll include him. 

2 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Does he count? I thought Ciela was the companion character in Phantom Hourglass (I've never actually played Phantom Hourglass) and Linebeck was just a major supporting character. If he counts, then yeah; I'll include him. 

I'd say both Linebeck and Ciela count.  Both stick with Link all game and travel with him, though Linebeck stays by his ship while you're on land.  

But yeah, Linebeck's one of my favorite Zelda characters in general and easily my favorite of who I'd count as companions.  

3 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I'd say both Linebeck and Ciela count.  Both stick with Link all game and travel with him, though Linebeck stays by his ship while you're on land.  

But yeah, Linebeck's one of my favorite Zelda characters in general and easily my favorite of who I'd count as companions.  

Okay then. If I were to disqualify Linebeck for staying on the boat, then I'd have to also disqualify the King of Red Lions for obvious reasons. 

I'll add Linebeck right away. 

Midna is my favorite companion hands down. She easily the most likable character in the entire game, but lets be honest, when it comes to Twilight Princess there's not much competition against Midna since she got plenty of screen time compared to most.

I just realized; I forgot to say my favourite.

It was a very difficult decision for me. Midna's great because of her personality, The King of Red Lions made me cry (and if you've seen the ending of The Wind Waker, you know why), but; I have to go with Spirit Zelda. 

Gameplay-wise. the fact that the player can directly control her and she's incredibly versatile in how she can help Link, from distracting guards/Phantoms, blocking attacks, helping Link across lava, and even fighting enemies alongside Link, really sets her apart from the rest in that, gameplay-wise, she's far more than an item or mode of transport: she really is a partner. 

Character-wise, well; she's just a fantastic character. She's a great blend of the typical young Zelda and the Tetra Zelda in terms of personality, she undergoes some good character development, and her interactions with everyone throughout the game are great; especially with Link. The light-hearted buddy-duo dynamic they have is fantastic. The word I've been avoiding is adorable, but that's exactly what they are. Just look:

Related image

Related image

And this isn't even scratching the surface. 

Edited by vanguard333

Ezlo is my favorite as a character, he is so funny! And his history is so touching and sad.

Spoiler

All he wanted to do was help the humans with his creation, the Magic Cap, which could grant any wish. But it ended up in the wrong hands (Vaati's) and he blames no one but himself as he desperately goes out to try stopping Vaati even after he'd been transformed into a cap. It's great that he finally gets peace when the Magic Cap is used by Zelda to undo all the damage Vaati did.

But Spirit Tracks Zelda is definitely the most useful in terms of gameplay. You basically can play as her.

Edited by Anacybele

• 2 weeks later...