Special Heroes Silhouettes for June 20th!

Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

@Othin Technically yes, but Ylgr is not a legendary hero like both her older sis and bro and as I'd said before, Ylgr would result in a huge gender imbalance. Hrid would at least make it three females and two males.

They’ve already done a 1-4 (3 in the case of the last winter banner) male to female ratio five times on these banners + the TT unit since Book III started. They’re not going to have any reservations of potentially doing it a sixth time.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Othin said:

Ylgr is also the only Nifl royal missing a seasonal, and she makes sense to group with Helbindi. The extreme gender imbalance is annoying, but 4/5 female is the same as four of the past six seasonal banners, and this seems like a place where they'd continue it. (Also, four characters shared with the NY one seems weird.)

She's also the least popular one. I'm certain more people would want to use grails on Hrid than Ylgr and IS likes pushing AR lately. And four characters sharing with the NY banner would be unusual, but IS has done weird things. These are the same people that decided to give us seven damn Camillas.

Four of the past six seasonals? Now that I think about it, that does sound correct. But that's just even more of a reason not to have a huge gender imbalance here, so it's not so constantly happening.

14 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't think IS would mind a huge gender imbalance. You're right, we never had four females to one male before but at one time the ratio was often evenly divided between genders before IS decided to change that. IS swinging the gender balance even further towards the girls is something I can totally see them doing, especially where fanservice is concerned. 

And for what its worth....in this one case I actually wouldn't mind since Hrid bores me to tears. 

They might not, but I recall them already getting some backlash for that kind of gender imbalance. Also, we've never had this kind of gender imbalance on a summer banner.

I would mind because I like Hrid a lot.

Edited by Anacybele

5 hours ago, Mackc2 said:
  Hide contents

*sigh* looks like it must be real then, the 3rd law of seasonal banners continues to hold for this year, (at minimum 50% of any seasonal banner must be occupied by a characters originating from one of Fates, Awakening or Heroes unless the banner theme is Valentines)

I don’t care if those games occupy part of a good chunk of the seasonals, I just don’t want EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM to have Fates Fates Fates and Fates like last year’s bullshit. I feel this year have gotten a decent variety of seasonals, I just hope for some Genealogy one day

Spoiler

I hope that leak is legit, I’d kill of some hot swimsuit Laegjarn.... I’ll hunt for her when she appears in a Legendary or Mythic banner tho. I don’t have the orbs anyway XD

Edited by Midnox

Giving away Yglr for free might be a smart move, almost as generous as giving away fan favorites like Camilla and Louise; but, I would love a free scantily-clad Hrid if possible! Heehee.

24 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Plot twist: either summer Gustav or summer Henriette is the TT unit.

Or Sharena, given that she for some god forsaken reason already has a swimsuit Cipher card.

Speaking of which, I’ll almost forgive this banner for existing if the other beach banner gives us swimsuit Lucina that’s also from Cipher.

Spoiler

So that's the banner...I can't say I'm thrilled about it. None of them seem to offer anything noteworthy to me and while I really liked Gunnthra's design she's in the same class as Summer Linde whom I prefer. 

Guess this can be considered good news as I can get another shot at getting another Alm Celica. The TT orbs will probably go towards either Summer 2 or OG!Lyn.

7 hours ago, Thane said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I wonder if this is the reason there's no Youtube trailer, haha. 

Omg this art is gorgeous! I don't even have the orbs (barely 150!) and I'm trying to stockpile for the new Legendary Banner with NY!Hrid (hopefully!). But she's my second favorite OC aside from Hrid so I really want her!

Also I HOPE the TT unit is Hrid and not the little girl that looks like a boy with that atrocious haircut

If that leak is real then...

....disgusting. I have no interest in those OCs. 

Well, that just means I get to save more orbs for Sain, Bernadetta, Rinkah or Brave Eliwood. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

15 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

So I guess we're going to learn everything about the new summer units hours before they are to be released?

Or is the banner itself gonna be delayed?

That seems to be the case. The Love Affairs event did that before. 

Maybe. Worst case scenario, the banner could end up being delayed by a whole week. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

That seems to be the case.

Maybe. Worst case scenario, the banner could end up being delayed by a whole week. 

Man, that would suck. 😞

It could also push back the year 1 and 2 summer part 1 reruns. >_<

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Or Sharena, given that she for some god forsaken reason already has a swimsuit Cipher card.

Speaking of which, I’ll almost forgive this banner for existing if the other beach banner gives us swimsuit Lucina that’s also from Cipher.

Swimsuit Sharena would be the savior of this banner for me. I'd prefer Alfonse though for the exact reason you stated. Sharena already has a swimsuit but Alfonse doesn't have one yet. Even Veronica would be fine and Bruno ideal. Just anyone not connected to team fire and ice would make this worthwhile for me. 

But I doubt it. They'll probably go with the ''fire and ice'' theme which neither Alfonse or Sharena or any oc I like fits into. If they stick with this team then the only option are snow loli and boring snow prince. 

13 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Swimsuit Sharena would be the savior of this banner for me. I'd prefer Alfonse though for the exact reason you stated. Sharena already has a swimsuit but Alfonse doesn't have one yet. Even Veronica would be fine and Bruno ideal. Just anyone not connected to team fire and ice would make this worthwhile for me. 

But I doubt it. They'll probably go with the ''fire and ice'' theme which neither Alfonse or Sharena or any oc I like fits into. If they stick with this team then the only option are snow loli and boring snow prince. 

For what it's worth, Sharena is the option that would be the least likely to make me puke between her, snow loli and the pointless prince. Hrid had zero business getting even one alt, so him potentially getting a second will make me absolutely livid though I will then likely forget about it by Friday because of CTR Nitro Fueled. As for snow loli, I don't need to explain why giving her an alt is a terrible idea right?

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

For what it's worth, Sharena is the option that would be the least likely to make me puke between her, snow loli and the pointless prince. Hrid had zero business getting even one alt, so him potentially getting a second will make me absolutely livid

Exactly, that's exactly my line of reasoning. Someone who's only ticked to fame is not being able to kill Surtr that one time and not doing anything else shouldn't even get one alt. Him getting a second wouldn't make me livid but definitely very annoyed. I'm very fine with Heroes OC's getting alts but on the condition it are good ones like the Askr or Embla sibings, or even Loki. 

Why does IS keep pushing the nifl siblings anyway? Seriously they all have about as much personality and character depth as a literal plank of wood that is too say none and design wise well let’s just say Hrid is the only one I really care for. At least the Muspell OCs have some character depth and/or personality. It ain’t much mind you but it’s more than anything the nifle siblings can offer. The only “bad” one out of the musspell characters is laevetain but even then she’s a kuudere so her having “no personality” is kinda the point. Whatever at least I get to save orbs.

Edited by Ottservia

2 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Why does IS keep pushing the nifl siblings anyway?

Yeah, I dunno... Even as a Hrid fangirl myself, it baffles me.

So when are we going to get told ANYTHING here, IS? Like, would it kill them to at least post a notification saying there's a delay or something...

2 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Why does IS keep pushing the nifl siblings anyway? Seriously they all have about as much personality and character depth as a literal plank of wood that is too say none and design wise well let’s just say Hrid is the only one I really care for. At least the Muspell OCs have some character depth and/or personality. It ain’t much mind you but it’s more than anything the nifle siblings can offer. The only “bad” one out of the musspell characters is laevetain but even then she’s a kuudere so her having “no personality” is kinda the point. Whatever at least I get to save orbs.

That depends how you look at it. For me they have more personality then all the other chars of games i didnt play at all.

5 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Well, easiest skip of my life if it's real~ The art looks atrocious so it almost screams fake to me but easier to skip if it's real~ 

that's what i said. and you know me and a certain move type but even this, is a big no
(though i have to figure if the TT banner is double red - it changes stuff on that front)

I love it when the game gives me total skippables. Don't even care of Gunnthra's a dagger. I'd rather have Linde or Elise on that front. 
if the Free unit is Ylgr. i wouldn't even use her in TT. i would just try to get 50K points and call it a day even though i need feathers because i loathe her regular unit that much (can't stand her voice or anything) and i am not doing it for TTing. if it was Hrid. whatever chances are he'd have a good 4* skill and i'd kill him right after i claimed his feathers. 

9 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

that's what i said. and you know me and a certain move type but even this, is a big no
(though i have to figure if the TT banner is double red - it changes stuff on that front)

I love it when the game gives me total skippables. Don't even care of Gunnthra's a dagger. I'd rather have Linde or Elise on that front. 
if the Free unit is Ylgr. i wouldn't even use her in TT. i would just try to get 50K points and call it a day even though i need feathers because i loathe her regular unit that much (can't stand her voice or anything) and i am not doing it for TTing. if it was Hrid. whatever chances are he'd have a good 4* skill and i'd kill him right after i claimed his feathers. 

Sheesh....such unjustified anger...

23 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

OCs exist in this game and get a mustard seed of flavor outside of quips. It's apparently enough to make them "popular" and "endearing". So it seems. The "masses" must be as shallow as can be. And isn't depth overrated? A little charm can buy you a farm.

And such is life. Does "taste" concerning pixels matter?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer