Special Heroes Silhouettes for June 20th!

Anacybele

Happy about Laegjarn on the other hand I know its nothing surprising. And my Bartre dream floats away. 

Most of the time seasonal banners are just secondary to me. I cannot imagine to hunt for merges there unless they really pick a top Charakter for me. And I feel like I saved up enough. I may pull for Laegjarn though she looks like a blue Wyvern with Dagger and she is Laegjarn. xD

Can't wait for Summer Thor and Eir next year.And Hel of course. 

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Why does IS keep pushing the nifl siblings anyway? 

Probably because their role in the main “story” is over and they want people to remember these original characters. As for who’s gonna be the TT reward, I hope it’s Ylgr or Surtr. The Askr trio would be out of place here. 

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

So when are we going to get told ANYTHING here, IS? Like, would it kill them to at least post a notification saying there's a delay or something...

I'm curious about that too. I mean I get earthquake and all but how much work would it take to just issue a statement that simply says "Hey due to the earthquake we're experiencing some difficulties so must inform you that the upcoming summer banner will be delayed. We will post updates as they come. We apologize for the inconvenience" Seriously.

23 minutes ago, Hilda said:

That depends how you look at it. For me they have more personality then all the other chars of games i didnt play at all.

I mean I haven't even touched FE 7 and I'd still prefer a seasonal of nino or something over these pieces of cardboard.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

OCs exist in this game and get a mustard seed of flavor outside of quips. It's apparently enough to make them "popular" and "endearing". So it seems. The "masses" must be as shallow as can be. And isn't depth overrated? A little charm can buy you a farm.

I mean I would agree but 1. charm is subjective and 2. what charm do these characters have that isn't linked to their designs? Like seriously I could forgive it if these characters had some kind of weird or eccentric personality trait or something to at least make them somewhat memorable

10 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Probably because their role in the main “story” is over and they want people to remember these original characters. As for who’s gonna be the TT reward, I hope it’s Ylgr or Surtr. The Askr trio would be out of place here. 

You know.....Summer Surtr actually has a lot of potential. It would be amusing if this big bad king can't swim or gets nervous about the beach water dousing his flames. Or maybe he goes around the beach mocking anyone who gets sunburns and tell them how much louder they'd be crying if he gives them actual burns. 

Why the Nifl siblings?  Cause they are sexy, there doesn't need to be more of a reason than that.  Goes for Muspell siblings as well.  Getting lots of alts has little to do with quality of writing and more with how sexy and attractive the character is as well as general popularity.  

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

You know.....Summer Surtr actually has a lot of potential. It would be amusing if this big bad king can't swim or gets nervous about the beach water dousing his flames. Or maybe he goes around the beach mocking anyone who gets sunburns and tell them how much louder they'd be crying if he gives them actual burns. 

I would actually literally pay to see that. I need this in my life

6 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Why the Nifl siblings?  Cause they are sexy, there doesn't need to be more of a reason than that.  Goes for Muspell siblings as well.  Getting lots of alts has little to do with quality of writing and more with how sexy and attractive the character is as well as general popularity.  

mmmh, my sexy little ylgr in bikini

ok where's the puke bucket, i need it

4 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Most of the siblings are conventionally attractive but.....well so are a lot of Fire Emblem characters. The main askr trio is conventionally attractive too, so is chrom, so is Marth and so are Sigurd, Ryoma, Oliver and Camus. 

So out of all the sexy and attractive characters....why them?

On the one hand, I was hoping to have a reason to skip this summer banner so I can save up more orbs.

On the other hand, I'm really sick of the same Heroes OCs getting multiple alts in a short amount of time. Also, not a single non-OC? Really? Yes, I get that the OCs are relatively popular, but they're not so popular to justify having all of New Years to themselves, and if this leak is true, summer. Methinks one of the developers may have a hard-on for them.

1 minute ago, Yexin said:

mmmh, my sexy little ylgr in bikini

ok where's the puke bucket, i need it

Well Ylgr hasn't got any alts yet and yeah should have said Nifl siblings 'except'' for her, she is just a kid.

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Most of the siblings are conventionally attractive but.....well so are a lot of Fire Emblem characters. The main askr trio is conventionally attractive too, so is chrom, so is Marth and so are Sigurd, Ryoma, Oliver and Camus. 

They are the wrong gender.  For seasonals we are lucky to get one guy most of the time, so that space is very limited.  Azura, Camilla, Lyn, Lucina, Tharja, are all mega waifus and thus have a ton of alts.  I believe with gacha games, whales spend the most for 'waifus (or husbandos in games with a large female audience)' and skills.  

Hey I'm still waiting for a single Judgral alt, so this isn't exactly my favorite but it could be worse, much worse.  

9 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

You do realize you just called Oliver attractive right?

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

On the other hand, I'm really sick of the same Heroes OCs getting multiple alts in a short amount of time. Also, not a single non-OC? Really? Yes, I get that the OCs are relatively popular, but they're not so popular to justify having all of New Years to themselves, and if this leak is true, summer. Methinks one of the developers may have a hard-on for them.

Well, this is just one of the two (or three..?) special summer banners for this year. There’s the possibility of 3H getting the second summer banner as well. 

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

Well, this is just one of the two (or three..?) special summer banners for this year. There’s the possibility of 3H getting the second summer banner as well. 

I am slightly eh on the idea of Three Houses characters getting seasonal banners so close to their game's release. I'd rather try to get to know the characters before I accept whatever TH characters IS (or Heroes developers) want to force down our throats. Also, it took Echoes forever to get any alts, much less seasonal alts. Yeah, I don't care that Echoes is technically a remake of an older game, for most of the Western world Gaiden may as well not have existed and even for people who did know of Gaiden pretty much none of the characters had a personality anyway.

32 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

I'm curious about that too. I mean I get earthquake and all but how much work would it take to just issue a statement that simply says "Hey due to the earthquake we're experiencing some difficulties so must inform you that the upcoming summer banner will be delayed. We will post updates as they come. We apologize for the inconvenience" Seriously.

Yeah, exactly! It can't take much work to just post that statement.

23 minutes ago, SockPuppet said:
  Hide contents

If anything, I’ll save my orbs for NY!Hrid’s rerun.

Also, does this mean Lif and Thrasir summer alts are coming? Might whale for any form of Lif, tbh!

I doubt that. Next year most likely.

23 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

They are the wrong gender.  For seasonals we are lucky to get one guy most of the time, so that space is very limited.  Azura, Camilla, Lyn, Lucina, Tharja, are all mega waifus and thus have a ton of alts.  I believe with gacha games, whales spend the most for 'waifus (or husbandos in games with a large female audience)' and skills.  

Hey I'm still waiting for a single Judgral alt, so this isn't exactly my favorite but it could be worse, much worse.  

True but finding conventionally attractive girls isn't very hard in Fire Emblem. Basically all of them. Two thirds of the Askr trio, Ishtar, Lucina, Hinoka, Titania and plenty of others. For attractive character we don't really need the fire and ice siblings. 

33 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Maybe it's because I'm asexual, but I don't find any of the Heroes OCs sexy. Not even Hrid. Well, I guess in his case I sorta do. I do say RD Ike and Frederick are sexy. But I don't really mean it like I'm sexually attracted to them. As I said, I'm asexual, and so I have no sexual attraction to anyone. I don't care about boobs or dick bulges or anything. I do like muscles, but that's just me thinking a non-sexual feature is attractive. I can find a person or character attractive/handsome/pretty while being asexual.

I think Gunnthra is pretty and Hrid is handsome while Laevatein is on the cute spectrum. That's really it.

38 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Surtr walks into the ocean and half an hour later, there's nothing left but singed seaweed and miles upon miles of evaporated salt.

3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

True but finding conventionally attractive girls isn't very hard in Fire Emblem. Basically all of them. Two thirds of the Askr trio, Ishtar, Lucina, Hinoka, Titania and plenty of others. For attractive character we don't really need the fire and ice siblings. 

I mean, I’m pretty positive every FE character is someone’s Waifu/Hasubando. The only reason people tend to focus on the 3DS+ characters is because they are the most popular and therefore get more exposure. But the cast of FE games being dominantly pretty/cute/handsome/sexy characters has been as such since day 1.  

The Nifl siblings (and to a lesser extent the Muspell sisters... rip Helbindi and Surtr lol) have a noticeable following in Japan, so there’s that.

I personally like them more than our newest slew of characters in Book 3 both in terms of character and aesthetic outside of Surtr and Loki. Hell, I’ve only really been impressed with Thorr so far, but that’s neither here nor there. In terms of the banner, I’ll be gunning for the best ice oneechan.

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

I mean I haven't even touched FE 7 and I'd still prefer a seasonal of nino or something over these pieces of cardboard.

I mean I would agree but 1. charm is subjective and 2. what charm do these characters have that isn't linked to their designs? Like seriously I could forgive it if these characters had some kind of weird or eccentric personality trait or something to at least make them somewhat memorable

Yeah, but I'd prefer these characters vastly over Nino or Reinhardt or Leif. They might not have any personality (a shame because I do like Hrid and Laergarn's designs a lot), but they still have more personality than Nino does to me. So that's just a matter of taste, but it's not really that surprising that a lot of people would rather the OCs than characters from games they've never played.

It's just their designs. Which has proven time and time again to sell. How many Camilla's do we have at this point? I'd rather have these pretty pieces of cardboard over her for the 8th time. They're memorable because of their design, and that's pretttttttttty much it.

I just don't get the surprise or hatred. They do have a following because they're 'attractive' and people like their designs. If personality was the defining factor in us getting characters we'd have a LOT more alts interesting characters. Like where is the 5 alts of Severa/Owain/Inigo based on that. I just love the three, and it's a shame they haven't been put on a seasonal banner together.

1 minute ago, Kiran_ said:

I just don't get the surprise or hatred. They do have a following because they're 'attractive' and people like their designs. If personality was the defining factor in us getting characters we'd have a LOT more alts interesting characters. Like where is the 5 alts of Severa/Owain/Inigo based on that. I just love the three, and it's a shame they haven't been put on a seasonal banner together.

I don't think it's JUST designs OR just personality though. Because then why has Ike only gotten one real alt at all? Brave Ike was picked by the fans. RD Ike is an obligatory legendary and a canon version of him. GD Ike is the only Ike alt that IS themselves chose to create and add. And yet he's possibly the most popular FE character period. People love him for both his design and writing. But IS hasn't pushed him much the way they have Camilla or Lyn or whatever.

And honestly, it baffles me. All these other popular characters can get alt after alt and all that and Ike, who could be more popular and loved than all of them, has just settle for the one seasonal he does have?

I'm glad he has one at all, but imo it took way too long and it's feeling like it's gonna take too long for him to get another too.