Special Heroes Silhouettes for June 20th!

Anacybele

Guys. The real reason certain characters keep getting alts over and over again is clearly because the developers have a hard-on for them. If they really cared about fan popularity then Lyn and Lucina would've continued to get seasonal alts after their legendaries since that clearly didn't stop Camilla, who is less popular than both.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

True but finding conventionally attractive girls isn't very hard in Fire Emblem. Basically all of them. Two thirds of the Askr trio, Ishtar, Lucina, Hinoka, Titania and plenty of others. For attractive character we don't really need the fire and ice siblings. 

32 minutes ago, Silverly said:

The Nifl siblings (and to a lesser extent the Muspell sisters... rip Helbindi and Surtr lol) have a noticeable following in Japan, so there’s that.

Yeah Silverly got the 2nd point, they have a substantial following.  They are also fresh, relatively new characters as well and when you consider that in fact OCs are the 'main' characters/heroes of this game I think more seasonals for them is hardly surprising.  The characters from other games are powerful summonable warriors from other worlds, they are like DLC characters in FE, almost no plot significance and kind of a fun guest star to use.  

Laegjarn wears a bikini better than anyone since Adult Tiki.  Wonder if there was a censorship issue which is why trailer delay, I guess we'll see.  

59 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Guys. The real reason certain characters keep getting alts over and over again is clearly because the developers have a hard-on for them. If they really cared about fan popularity then Lyn and Lucina would've continued to get seasonal alts after their legendaries since that clearly didn't stop Camilla, who is less popular than both.

That's certainly a factor, but I don't think it tells the full story.  Popularity isn't a single number: it's possible for characters that scored less on CYL to still have more fan interest in seasonal alts.

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

Laegjarn wears a bikini better than anyone since Adult Tiki.  Wonder if there was a censorship issue which is why trailer delay, I guess we'll see.  

That was my thought too, after seeing that leaked attacking art, holy moly that is well beyond what they had to cover up for Adult Tiki.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

That's certainly a factor, but I don't think it tells the full story.  Popularity isn't a single number: it's possible for characters that scored less on CYL to still have more fan interest in seasonal alts.

Well yes, there are a lot of factors that go into how well seasonal alts may be received. People may get sick of seeing the same popular characters repeatedly, and in short periods of time, even if they always somehow score high in CYL. Also, if a popular character gets a really shitty alt, then people will be less enthusiastic for that alt. Or some other factors that I'm just not going to get into right now. Regardless, I can't think of very many things that would justify Gunnthra, Laegjarn, and Laevatein (and Fjorm) getting second alts approximately six months after their first ones aside from developer bias.

1 minute ago, Azuni said:

That was my thought too, after seeing that leaked attacking art, holy moly that is well beyond what they had to cover up for Adult Tiki.

How? Laegjarn isn't showing her buttcrack. Tiki was. Not that I want to defend Laegjarn's bikini either though, since as I said before, she looks like she has a freaking wedgie.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well yes, there are a lot of factors that go into how well seasonal alts may be received. People may get sick of seeing the same popular characters repeatedly, and in short periods of time, even if they always somehow score high in CYL. Also, if a popular character gets a really shitty alt, then people will be less enthusiastic for that alt. Or some other factors that I'm just not going to get into right now. Regardless, I can't think of very many things that would justify Gunnthra, Laegjarn, and Laevatein (and Fjorm) getting second alts approximately six months after their first ones aside from developer bias.

Yeah, I can agree with that.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

How? Laegjarn isn't showing her buttcrack. Tiki was. Not that I want to defend Laegjarn's bikini either though, since as I said before, she looks like she has a freaking wedgie.

True, I guess I didn't think about it that way. Personally I view that kind of thin bikini with exposed butt as more revealing/lewd than a minor buttcrack (Tiki's was still wider at the bottom before the censor, so covered more butt overall), but I suppose the developers may not share that opinion.

1 minute ago, Azuni said:

True, I guess I didn't think about it that way. Personally I view that kind of thin bikini with exposed butt as more revealing/lewd than a minor buttcrack (Tiki's was still wider at the bottom before the censor, so covered more butt overall), but I suppose the developers may not share that opinion.

I get where you're coming from, I think showing off that much buttcheek is too revealing myself. But there are other artworks in this game showing off some of that too. Normal Catria is one. Lyn is often drawn in poses that make her look like she's going commando. And so on. Mist also slightly shows some butt which is the only thing that bothers me about her art.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Surtr walks into the ocean and half an hour later, there's nothing left but singed seaweed and miles upon miles of evaporated salt.

A solution for sea level rise! Although he'd slaughter the entire oceanic ecosystem in the process. And it does nothing to affect ocean acidification. And all that evaporated water has to condense into clouds and then turn to rain eventually. If the clouds go inland before they turn to rain, that'd mean torrential flooding in all likelihood.

Where is our Book 4 villain the Deity of Winds and Draconian Justice- Pholcetee? Maybe she/he can solve the underlying problem.

2 hours ago, Jave said:

I mean, I’m pretty positive every FE character is someone’s Waifu/Hasubando. The only reason people tend to focus on the 3DS+ characters is because they are the most popular and therefore get more exposure. But the cast of FE games being dominantly pretty/cute/handsome/sexy characters has been as such since day 1.  

Outside of roughly: the old men, the one old woman in Niime, Dorothy, maybe Meg, and some other randos like Makalov and Devdan; yeah most playables are classically idealized human forms or in some other way given to being visual appealing.

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Someone who's only ticked to fame is not being able to kill Surtr that one time and not doing anything else shouldn't even get one alt.

Not equate things, since Hrid is a main story character and therefore the lack of actual doing is worse. But most FE characters technically have no claims to fame at all based on military achievements. Being most do not appear in the main plot and the player is free to kill X or do Y with anyone, few accomplishments can be attributed with certainty to anyone. All that can be said is they helped in a certain cause without specifics.

3 hours ago, Ottservia said:

I mean I haven't even touched FE 7

Just a matter of time and Wil? It isn't a hard game, thats for sure (unlike Thracia), even without access to grinding and the like as in later games.

Although if you ever want to, SF has all the Support Conversations' text right here.

-I'm not trying to evangelize or anything, just asking.

2 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

Also, does this mean Lif and Thrasir summer alts are coming? Might whale for any form of Lif, tbh!

Doesn't Mr. Not Mirage!Chrom have part of his skeleton exposed? Is the Summer sun and salty water going to be so magical that immersing himself in them will bring him back to life in his birthday suit? Or will he be having a dead good time at the beach with the watermelon just falling out his midsection for hungry crabs to eat?

Why did this game need more than 21 OCs again? I mean sure it only started with three heroes and two villains, and adding a few more as the game progresses is natural. But why not have acanonical versions of old heroes and old villains occupy more of the plot? FE has plenty o' charming princes, big sisters, little lolis, and other girls.

I'm pretty sure it's pushed back due to the tsunami warnings

Also damn no wonder Laegarn's the Queen of the Flame

Edit: I saw the leaks and I hope to all the fucking gods Helbindi gets an alt. I'm at a 5% w Pent and I hope that'll push me to keep summoning for pent

Edited by Hero_Lucina
leaks

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Just a matter of time and Wil? It isn't a hard game, thats for sure (unlike Thracia), even without access to grinding and the like as in later games.

Although if you ever want to, SF has all the Support Conversations' text right here.

-I'm not trying to evangelize or anything, just asking.

it'll happen at some point. I own the game on wii u VC so I'll get to it eventually

23 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I can't see people being salty about seasonal alts. Now what will I do?

Play another Fire Emblem game? That's stupid.

Personally, I found this funny. Not sure why people seem to be taking it so seriously... I have trouble picking up on sarcasm, but this was clear as day to me... Hmm unless it wasn't actually meant as a joke, but I thought it was...

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. I agree that people tend to be too salty about which characters are released, and this kind of poked at that in a humorous way, imo.

(Apologies in advance if this conversation was shut down already; I didn't read the whole thing.)

Was the leak confirmed or something? I'm not sure whether to think it's real or fake.

6 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Sheesh....such unjustified anger...

whose angry? not me. 
i don't like her voice. her og version pitybroke me trying for azura and she has a crap iv. i don't like how she plays. 
so she's a grind, and then die. 

and as i manual tt  (since she's nowofficially the tt unit). i'm going to have to hope her voice isn't annoying or i won't bother

4 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Personally, I found this funny. Not sure why people seem to be taking it so seriously... I have trouble picking up on sarcasm, but this was clear as day to me... Hmm unless it wasn't actually meant as a joke, but I thought it was...

Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. I agree that people tend to be too salty about which characters are released, and this kind of poked at that in a humorous way, imo.

At least someone thought it was funny.

9 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Gunnthra doesn't have SS3. Laegjarn does. 

Really? I could've sworn she did. My bad. This makes the decision even worse.