Special Heroes Silhouettes for June 20th!

Anacybele

Just now, Tree said:

The silhouettes are gone from notifications, so not sure why they'd remove that if they were planning on delaying the trailer.

Not removed, but dropped down around two pages. Which does seem to be usual procedure for when a trailer goes up, IIRC. So yeah, this doesn't seem planned.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Huh, yeah. If this is the case, I'm betting someone messed up on the Youtube channel.

Actually, according to reddit, they're now placed back a few pages... I checked, and sure enough they are.

[edit]

@Othin Thanks, didn't see your post.

Edited by Tree

Just now, Tree said:

Actually, according to reddit, they're now placed back a few pages... I checked, and sure enough they are.

Yeah, but like Othin just said above, it's still weird to see this without a trailer showing up on the Youtube channel.

Actually, I heard over in gamefaqs that there was a decently big earthquake over in Japan. That might have some relation, maybe.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/06/magnitude-68-earthquake-strikes-coast-japan-190618134012035.html

Apparently there were huge earthquakes occurring in Japan earlier. There might be correlation here. Oh dear. 

*Edit: Welp Sunwoo beat me too it, but the article provides more info on its severity for those interested.

Edited by Silverly

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Actually, I heard over in gamefaqs that there was a decently big earthquake over in Japan. That might have some relation, maybe.

...Well fuck. They always delay something when that happens. But my prayers go out to those affected. Hope everything's okay. Especially hope that Nintendo HQ and all are safe.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

They probably would have left the notification silhouettes alone if they had decided to delay.

Just now, Tree said:

They probably would have left the notification silhouettes alone if they had decided to delay.

I heard the silhouettes dropping may be an automated thing that they don't control manually. Shrug.

Well, at the very least, this quake decided to wait until after E3 to happen? xP But whatever the case, I'm dying to know who this beefcake guy is, because I can't help but feel like he's gonna be hilarious no matter who he is. lol

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I heard the silhouettes dropping may be an automated thing that they don't control manually. Shrug.

Just now, redlight said:

It seems to be automated as silhouettes always go back 2 pages and a trailer is released

If that's the case, that would explain it. It appears that the earthquake was a little while ago, but there might still be a tsunami risk?

Okay so we've come up with two possible scenarios.

1. Somebody messed up on the Youtube channel (as well as Twitter, as there's no Tweet from the official Heroes page) and the silhouettes dropped back from an automated function.

2. An earthquake in Japan has caused a delay and the thing about the silhouettes dropping back still applies.

I'm thinking the latter scenario is more likely, as the first would mean two different Heroes-related pages messed up and that doesn't seem as plausible. Twitter has to have a video to post at all, which is up to Youtube, but we don't even have so much as an apology Tweet/in-game notification.

EDIT: Earthquakes usually do bring tsunamis with them, yeah...

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Tree said:

There's people asking for compensation orbs for delays... 😛 due to an earthquake... 🙁

...Yeah that's rather disrespectful. 😕 Though we don't know for certain if the earthquake really is the reason, it's pretty likely.

But the least IS/Nintendo could do is tell us what the hell is going on, delay or not...

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Tree said:

There's people asking for compensation orbs for delays... 😛 due to an earthquake... 🙁

I get some Orbs! You get some Orbs! He gets some Orbs! She gets some Orbs! INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS SHOULD GET EVERYONE SOME ORBS!!!

I drive a huge problem Prius so I definitely deserve some Orbs for being such a good person! (For context, I am working as a solicitor/canvasser to get people to donate to charities. I work on behalf of Audubon through Grassroots Campaign, and one of the most common rejection excuses we hear is "I drive a Prius!" It has become one of our favorite practice joke rejections when we practice our spiel amongst each other in the morning. Priuses are also not exactly environmentally friendly as batteries require rare earth elements to manufacture, and mining REEs profitably is very polluting.)

I'm mildly surprised that setting the video to public isn't also automated but eh. I wonder if they had a different procedure back when they inadvertently released early. Then again, having it be manual the whole time probably is the easiest explanation for the big impact intern-kun has had.

Edited by Humanoid

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I can't see people being salty about seasonal alts. Now what will I do?

Play another Fire Emblem game? That's stupid.

One reply there is saying that's fake. I hope it is, that's a very meh lineup.

Also, I agree with Florete, how can Anna still not have a single alt yet while other OCs get multiple?

EDIT: Other replies in that Reddit thread are saying it's fake too, that some random guy crafted those fake urls.

Edited by Anacybele

Can confirm earthquake status. My area is in pretty good shape. Haven't met anyone in my town who's been majorly affected yet. A couple of folks close to the coast had to evacuate just in case of tsunami, but the tsunami turned out to only be about a meter high. Right now, most everyone is a little shaken and definitely sleep deprived. 

There may be some technical difficulties, or maybe they're just teasing us an extra day. Honestly, it's not that big of a deal. 

Thoughts go out to all those affected.

At risk of sounding disrespectful, is it still possible we could get the video today? Nintendo has already put out videos for Dr Mario and Dragalia Lost.

3 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I can't see people being salty about seasonal alts. Now what will I do?

Play another Fire Emblem game? That's stupid.

Could I ask you to maybe not act like this? You've become part of the problem.