Famitsu 4th Preview (Timeskip, Combat Arts, Advanced Classes)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201906/18178171.html

Another article coming up. This time featuring I assume to be  Combat Arts, and Tier 3 classes. Neat

Can anybody look at this and try to decipher if Hero and Bishop or whatever are gender exclusive?
5d0761a5aad36.jpg

18 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Can anybody look at this and try to decipher if Hero and Bishop or whatever are gender exclusive?
5d0761a5aad36.jpg

It will be in the description by the side of the screenshot and that's really blurry.

I can barely make out the class names.

I can definitely see Paladin. I think the armoured one is Phalanx. The black robe one night be Warlock and white robe seems like Bishop.

Left of Phalanx I can't tell but it's probably Hero? It has two kanji symbols that might be Yuusha. No idea what the Gauntlet (?) class is called.

4 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

It will be in the description by the side of the screenshot and that's really blurry.

I can barely make out the class names.

I can definitely see Paladin. I think the armoured one is Phalanx. The black robe one night be Warlock and white robe seems like Bishop.

Left of Phalanx I can't tell but it's probably Hero? It has two kanji symbols that might be Yuusha. No idea what the Gauntlet (?) class is called.

Thank you.

Was just in a discussion over whether or not Hero was male exclusive and the 3rd tier healing class female exclusive, so was a bit worried. Brought this up elsewhere and it was pointed out to me the gender descriptor would only be one or two characters and very hard to spot.

Here's my analysis from the main site:

Looking at the preview, I believe the featured Combat Arts are Wrath Strike (Sword), Back Blow (Gauntlet; seems to work like Hit and Run in Heroes), one I can’t see (used by Dedue and does 34 damage) and Curved Shot (Bow).

Meanwhile the featured Advanced Classes appear to be Hero (sported by male Byleth), Phalanx (the armoured one), Paladin (on horseback), a Gauntlet(?) class I can’t put a name to, Warlock (with black robes) and what looks like Bishop (with white robes).

These classes all have 2 Class Abilities, with the exception of Paladin and Bishop, which have 3. The text is too small for me to make out, but I’m guessing Hero has Swordfaire, Paladin has Lancefaire, the Gauntlet class has Gauntletfaire and Warlock has Blackmagicfaire or whatever it’ll be localised into.

In the bottom-left corner, there’s an introduction to Hero Relics, which is probably the same one from the official Twitter account. Meanwhile, in the bottom-right corner, there’s a blurb about Byleth’s Sword of the Creator. In particular, I think it’s talking about its number of uses and a possible way to repair or even auto-repair it. It’s really hard to see.

2 minutes ago, redlight said:

I've seen people mention grappler as the advanced gauntlet class

master level needs to be either godhand or fist of the north star, or some other absurdly stupid reference to a guy who punches people till they explode.

Looks like we're getting something on the forge/repairing weapons, well the Hero Relics at least. Hopefully we don't get too many post timeskip designs for units spoiled if we do get any here but I think they may save that for next article after they're done with the pre timeskip student bios.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

2 hours ago, redlight said:

I've seen people mention grappler as the advanced gauntlet class

Hmm, I can vaguely see that and it does make sense as a name.

Also, kind of obvious but one of the Paladin abilities should be Move Again (I think it's the top one with three kanji symbols).

What are the Faire skills gonna do in this game considering we've already gotten weapon proficiency skills in the Professor Level slots; and I'm confused why Hero gets swordfaire even though presumably Swordmaster is also a 3rd tier class(going off the sprites).

2 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

What are the Faire skills gonna do in this game considering we've already gotten weapon proficiency skills in the Professor Level slots; and I'm confused why Hero gets swordfaire even though presumably Swordmaster is also a 3rd tier class(going off the sprites).

Oh yeah, Hero getting Swordfaire does seem unusual, but it does seem to match despite the super blurry image. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Maybe that's not Hero and actually the Swordmaster? But it looks more like a Hero to me. That or Swordmaster also gets Swordfaire or something different like boosted Critical.

In the past, Swordmaster has been the sword expert class but Hero used to fulfill a similar role in the first few games.

Also, it seems the armoured class might actually be Fortress and not Phalanx. After staring a bit, I can see the first two symbols are Fo and not Fa. Then the rest kinda fits into place.

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

Also, it seems the armoured class might actually be Fortress and not Phalanx. After staring a bit, I can see the first two symbols are Fo and not Fa. Then the rest kinda fits into place.

Provided we don't see the return of the spartan I'm happy.

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

Oh yeah, Hero getting Swordfaire does seem unusual, but it does seem to match despite the super blurry image. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Maybe that's not Hero and actually the Swordmaster? But it looks more like a Hero to me. That or Swordmaster also gets Swordfaire or something different like boosted Critical.

In the past, Swordmaster has been the sword expert class but Hero used to fulfill a similar role in the first few games.

If Hero is gender-locked, and gets Swordfaire, that seems a bit unfair towards Female Byleth. Given that Byleth's prf is a Sword, Swordfaire seems like a bread and butter skill to aim for, and this effectively gives Male Byleth +5 Mt. But I think we've seen both genders in the Mercenary class, so I doubt it'll be an issue.

11 minutes ago, Onestep said:

If Hero is gender-locked, and gets Swordfaire, that seems a bit unfair towards Female Byleth. Given that Byleth's prf is a Sword, Swordfaire seems like a bread and butter skill to aim for, and this effectively gives Male Byleth +5 Mt. But I think we've seen both genders in the Mercenary class, so I doubt it'll be an issue.

Ohhhhhh, I think made a grave mistake.

I think the "Hero" class is Byleth's exclusive Advanced class like how the house leaders got exclusive Noble classes for Intermediate.

That's why Hero is missing in Edelgard's class list. It also explains how female Byleth gets Swordfaire. But I need to check other characters' class lists now.

EDIT: Oh nevermind, Ferdinand has access to Hero. In which I have no idea XD

Edited by VincentASM

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

In the top-right corner I can make out the humongous shield of a General.  So these probably are Advanced classes.

They should be, since they've already covered all the Beginner and Intermediate classes in previous issues ^^;;;

14 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I think the "Hero" class is Byleth's exclusive Advanced class like how the house leaders got exclusive Noble classes for Intermediate.

That's why Hero is missing in Edelgard's class list. It also explains how female Byleth gets Swordfaire. But I need to check other characters' class lists now.

Linhardt also has the Hero class in his list so it's most likely just male exclusive.

20190618_142305.jpg

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

EDIT: Oh nevermind, Ferdinand has access to Hero. In which I have no idea XD

Maybe It's Swordmaster and not Hero. I mean, that would make more sense towards Swordfaire and both gender can be Swordmasters.

Maybe but there's only been one or two times Swordmaster has been written with two kanji symbols and not in katakana form instead.

I think another possibility, as mentioned, is that multiple classes share -faire skills. Unlike other games, class skills are fixed. That's also why Paladin has Move Again like Cavalier.

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Linhardt also has the Hero class in his list so it's most likely just male exclusive.

20190618_142305.jpg

Isn't Catherine Hero? She certainly don't seem to be Myrm/swordmaster...