Famitsu 4th Preview (Timeskip, Combat Arts, Advanced Classes)

1 minute ago, Tenzen12 said:

Isn't Catherine Hero? She certainly don't seem to be Myrm/swordmaster... 

Honestly it's difficult to tell.  It could very well be the case that Swordmasters have more armor than normal, like in Fates.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see Catherine as a swordmaster. She may not have the typical outfit, but Seteth is a wyvern rider and his outfit looks more like a mage imo (and Manuela is also not very priest-like for a priest).

Is Thief class available? If there are thieves, is there also a mook skill that allows aoe steal or aoe open locks like that aoe heal? How about dancer? AOE dance perhaps?

35 minutes ago, Arvin said:

Is Thief class available? If there are thieves, is there also a mook skill that allows aoe steal or aoe open locks like that aoe heal? How about dancer? AOE dance perhaps?

Yeah the thief class was confirmed, not confirmed probably not, there might be a dancer or they'll bring back renew, well AOE dance isn't out of the question since they did it before.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

We will 100% absolutely get a refresher unit. Just the form that they take is still VERY up in the air.

If we get a singer; it could be the case where it's just Manuela and she can sing to units, or she is able to teach Sing to any unit(perhaps locked to one at a time); giving them it as a Professor skill.
Just Dorothea is pretty unlikely as even though she is stated to be a student from the Opera Academy - her being locked to Edelgard's route doesn't bode well for her chances(even if she can be recruited into another house but still the player wouldn't be aware of this ability before recruiting her probably).
Anew is an interesting idea as Faith magic seems to be almost related to singing going off of the ability to raise the Faith rank of units by singing together in a Choir, but it would have to be given to one character each path and that wouldn't work as say Linhardt; Mercedes and Marianne all got it at S in Faith; you could recruit Mercedes to the Black Eagles and then you would have two singers/dancers in one route.
With Sothis' ability to manipulate time; my hot take is that she is playable and using her time manipulation powers she's able to refresh units alongside being a manakete(similar to Ninian but in Heroes where she could both refresh and transform into a dragon).

2 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Anew is an interesting idea as Faith magic seems to be almost related to singing going off of the ability to raise the Faith rank of units by singing together in a Choir, but it would have to be given to one character each path and that wouldn't work as say Linhardt; Mercedes and Marianne all got it at S in Faith; you could recruit Mercedes to the Black Eagles and then you would have two singers/dancers in one route.

but if the Anew Spell is faith Magic it would have durability like any other spell, no? which would work as some kind of balancing point to multiple refreshers.

It's worth noting that this famitsu is probably going to be the last with actual new info.

The next one is likely to be on either 17 or 24 of july, and that one is going to be the final,which is probably just a compilation of all previous infos. So not much new. Since the game will be out shortly after.

So yeah this the one! Final bunch of students and their crests and some ofther staff.

Our final(well not really) juice! Better savior that succulent taste!

Edited by User name

1 minute ago, User name said:

TIt's worth noting that this famitsu is probably going to be the last with actual new info.

The next one is likely to be on either 17 or 24 of july, and that one is going to be the final,which is probably just a compilation of all previous infos. So not much new. Since the game will be out shortly after.

So yeah this the one! Final bunch of students and their crests and some ofther staff.

Our final(well not really) juice! Better savior that succulent taste!

I dunno, unless they reveal all advanced classes to us in this issue, I doubt it will be our last issue. If anything our last issue before the recap of info issue should be 3rd/4th of next month which should reveal the last few advanced classes (since it took two issues for all the intermediate classes, I'd imagine it's the same for advanced) and the three new villains we know about via the nintendo dream stickers/posters. Also you have to take into account an issue comes out every two weeks. The only reason some issues were skipped were because of golden week and e3. We should realistically get issues on the 3rd/4th and 17th/18th of next month with the last one being the summary of info.

7 minutes ago, Azz said:

I dunno, unless they reveal all advanced classes to us in this issue, I doubt it will be our last issue. If anything our last issue before the recap of info issue should be 3rd/4th of next month which should reveal the last few advanced classes (since it took two issues for all the intermediate classes, I'd imagine it's the same for advanced) and the three new villains we know about via the nintendo dream stickers/posters. Also you have to take into account an issue comes out every two weeks. The only reason some issues were skipped were because of golden week and e3. We should realistically get issues on the 3rd/4th and 17th/18th of next month with the last one being the summary of info.

Now to be fair, I can see us getting two more articles, on 10 and 24(the summary one) but that is only IF somehow tomorrow we won't get last three students per house, which is weird because its been consistent so far.

And last week was e3 trailer, which showed time skip, and tomorrows article will have info on time skip,so i can see why we didn't have one last week.

I really want details on magic; as so far we've been confirmed on just a few spells I think will be here:

Reason { Fire; Thunder; Wind; Gutting Gale; Saggitae; Miasma Delta }

Faith { Heal; Physic; Recover; Nosferatu }

1 minute ago, Jayvee94 said:

Do these articles usually release ahead of their scheduled time. (In this case, June 20)

Last Famitsu that had FE info released the full article on Tuesday around 11 pm EST. I would expect it to come sometime around then but it should definitely be released by noon EST tomorrow I would say.

19 minutes ago, Jayvee94 said:

Do these articles usually release ahead of their scheduled time. (In this case, June 20)

Yeah they do in a few hours from now

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

Just now, HappyHawlucha. said:

Is there any chance this has got to do with the Earthquake? Just speculating here.

I don't think so. The website is posting stuff fine.

If anything, it was weird that they posted articles before the magazine came out. Magazine isn't out for a couple of hours.

Just now, VincentASM said:

I don't think so. The website is posting stuff fine.

If anything, it was weird that they posted articles before the magazine came out. Magazine isn't out for a couple of hours.

We'll definitely get it when the magazine comes out if not before; when does it release?

3 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

We'll definitely get it when the magazine comes out if not before; when does it release?

Midnight in Japan, so 5 hours from now, I believe.

Normally, they'd post the article the day after release. Honestly, I dunno why they posted it before, twice in a row. You'd think they'd want people to buy the magazine to read the article XD