Famitsu 4th Preview (Timeskip, Combat Arts, Advanced Classes)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that if we are still in the Monastery post timeskip there is a logical reason for it. I could see the first map of the post timeskip on each route being taking Garreg Mach so that after the battle we can still use the same building to roam.

Just looking at the the background behind the students, it’s not the same location that tutoring takes place in at the academy. The tutoring mechanic is still be there in some form, but I don’t necessarily think it is at the school.

In fact, looking at the floor beneath their feet those two students are not being tutored in the same spot.

Edited by Jakalak

If this really is Bernadetta and Felix by the way, both of their designs look really cool.

Google tellin' me Kronje instead of Cronier, and I mean, it's an actual name apparently, so, sure.

Edited by Cysx

Huh, I'm more curious where the image came from. From the image quality, it's clearly not a "scan" but a digital image.

Is it a preview image from another website?

Anyway, from what I can easily see, the calendar in the top-right corner seems to be from the 1st month. It's hard to tell from the "older Felix" screenshot, but it kinda looks like the 11th of the 1st month there as well.

Which seems a bit early to me? Wasn't Part 1 supposed to be 12 months? Assuming the game started on the 4th month. Or does it actually started on the 1st month? But what about the paralogues from Part 1 that expire around the 2nd month?

6 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Huh, I'm more curious where the image came from. From the image quality, it's clearly not a "scan" but a digital image.

Anyway, from what I can easily see, the calendar in the top-right corner seems to be from the 1st month. It's hard to tell from the "older Felix" screenshot, but it kinda looks like the 11th of the 1st month there as well.

Which seems a bit early to me? Wasn't Part 1 supposed to be 12 months? Assuming the game started on the 4th month. Or does it actually started on the 1st month? But what about the paralogues from Part 1 that expire around the 2nd month?

Five year time skip, i mean thats how time works, it expiers on 2nd mouth of year 100, then we have 5 year skip so we are in year 105 of 1st mouth.

Edited by User name

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

We don't know which month the War Phase starts on remember, it could be exactly 5 years on from the end, which would make sense considering they set a specific date for a reunion, but it could still be much later in the War Phase.

4 minutes ago, _Xavi_ said:

I think it's Kuronie.

That would fit the black motif, but in terms of pronunciation, I don't know. Not that Kronje is any better.

4 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Which seems a bit early to me? Wasn't Part 1 supposed to be 12 months?

Couldn't it be another year?

I'd like to publicly apologize for suggesting pink man aka Tales wasn't evil, by the way. Didn't expect his artwork to reach Garon levels of explicit.

Edited by Cysx

1 minute ago, _Xavi_ said:

I think it's Kuronie.

That's how it's spelled in Japanese, but it's not meant to be read like that in English. You don't use IE in Japanese to make an "ee" sound. I think it sounds more like "ear".

So I'd go for something like Cronjé or Cronier.

4 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Maybe the 5 year jump isn't exact...? Like, Part 1 carries you to the 4th of the next year, but the timeskip brings you to the 1st month of 5 years later.

Given that we know the Bernie is proficient in Lance and Bow and there is a blue symbol next to those ranks in the blurry screenshot that girl is almost certainly Bernie.

Looks like you can still train them and still do weekend activities which makes sense to min max and keep the QoL intact older Felix and Bernadetta look really great!

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

1 minute ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Given that we know the Bernie is proficient in Lance and Bow and there is a blue symbol next to those ranks in the blurry screenshot that girl is almost certainly Bernie.

Oh, good eye.

Also, the baddies are called the "Nightcrawlers" or something to that effect.

3 minutes ago, User name said:

Fishing, is not going anywhere so relax everyone.

And we still have those fetch quests to do too!

Phew, I was worried for a sec...

Also, took me a while to notice but I think the screenshot of "older Felix" is from the monastery's cathedral. You can see the same table thing at the far end and similar stained glass windows. Plus the floor looks similar.

This screenshot is also from the exploration part, since you can see the month and day in the corner. Plus the calendar still has all the old options, so you probably still explore the monastery.

5 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Also, took me a while to notice but I think the screenshot of "older Felix" is from the monastery's cathedral. You can see the same table thing at the far end and similar stained glass windows. Plus the floor looks similar.

This screenshot is also from the exploration part, since you can see the month and day in the corner. Plus the calendar still has all the old options, so you probably still explore the monastery.

For all we know it could still be a base that's in the territory of whatever house you end up backing.

My current idea is that the objective of the first mission is seizing the Monastery against the other houses; fitting the "reunion" as the other 2 houses reunite with you at the monastery grounds. It's a big neutral territory so it makes sense for the nation's that are at war with one another to fight over it.

If we do occupy it however I see subtle changes happening like the Church of Seiros banners being replaced by banners of whatever house we lead(more so for Dimitri and Claude though since Edelgard's are sort of already there).

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

2 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Ah, interesting. I guess it’s likely then that whichever house you choose will end up seizing control of the monastery.