New Polygon Footage

Azz

The video

It's basically 9 more minutes of the King of Beasts map, however we see some more stuff. We see Ingrid's death/retreat quote, We also get a look at Annette's spell list (being Fire, Wind, Cutting Gale and Saggitae). It's interesting how low durability they all are. The Authority Prowess Lv. 1 ability seems to be learned at E+ rank. Poison is a returning feature (at 8:16 you'll see Dimitri is poisoned).

Also I'm pretty confident Felix is voiced by Lucien Dodge, who also voices Leon in SoV and Heroes and Naesala in Heores.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Azz said:

The video

It's basically 9 more minutes of the King of Beasts map, however we see some more stuff. We see Ingrid's death/retreat quote, We also get a look at Annette's spell list (being Fire, Wind, Cutting Gale and Saggitae). It's interesting how low durability they all are. The Authority Prowess Lv. 1 ability seems to be learned at E+ rank. Poison is a returning feature (at 8:16 you'll see Dimitri is poisoned).

Also I'm pretty confident Felix is voiced by Lucien Dodge, who also voices Leon in SoV and Heroes and Naesala in Heores.

The low durability has to do with how uses for magic regen at the start of each new battle it seems.

7 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

The low durability has to do with how uses for magic regen at the start of each new battle it seems.

Oh I thought about that, I was just shocked at how low it was tbh because it is rather low imo.

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Oh I thought about that, I was just shocked at how low it was tbh because it is rather low imo.

Can't be as bad as 10 use Tornado in Thracia 776!

Oh wait, Cutting Gale has 6 uses.

I love the random axe as a melee option as well XD

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

Thinking about how many turns it takes to complete most maps I'd argue it's sorta generous; it just prevents overuse of more powerful spells.

I loved the cut just as it was about to show Mercie's attack options; it's almost as if she has offensive faith magic 😕

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

2 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Can't be as bad as 10 use Tornado in Thracia 776!

Oh wait, Cutting Gale has 6 uses.

I love the random axe as a melee option as well XD

Yeah I found that funny as well. Watch her be good at axes kinda like how Bernadetta is good in heavy armour lol.

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Yeah I found that funny as well. Watch her be good at axes kinda like how Bernadetta is good in heavy armour lol.

Probably. I think they gave everyone their preferred weapons for the demo. Like how Hubert also has Bows. I forgot he was good with them.

Also, unless my calculations are wrong, Annette is one of the few characters with a strength in Authority. So far we only know of the house leaders and Hubert.

EDIT

Actually, Byleth has a lance but she doesn't seem to have a Strength in them.

Edited by VincentASM

Armor knights are actually starting to look decent. Gauntlets can let them double (I recall Dedue being proficient in them, but I could be wrong) and other footage showed them being incredibly durable among a mob of enemies. Then again it might have just been normal mode on all occasions.

Might just be me, but Ashe looks slow. I'm gonna need to put him into a class that boost the speed stat. Doesn't help that the archer class focuses on skill and luck. Yep looking at the Treehouse gameplay where we got to look at his stats and comparing them with the level ups right now he is slow. Or rather a class was picked for him that didn't improve his shaky speed.

Sylvain looks to be rather fast if we go off of Felix being a stereotypical fast myrmidon. The stat leaning shape for cavalry class on the official website barely shifts in the direction of the speed stat. Or at least I'm assuming it's the speed stat since I took a look at the other classes as well.

So weapon arts are kinda like in Echoes that you have to have the same weapon you learned the art from, but you can have multiple weapons this time in your inventory

Edited by redlight

9 minutes ago, redlight said:

Armor knights are actually starting to look decent. Gauntlets can let them double (I recall Dedue being proficient in them, but I could be wrong) and other footage showed them being incredibly durable among a mob of enemies. Then again it might have just been normal mode on all occasions.

Might just be me, but Ashe looks slow. I'm gonna need to put him into a class that boost the speed stat.

So weapon arts are kinda like in Echoes that you have to have the same weapon you learned the art from, but you can have multiple weapons this time in your inventory

I believe weapons arts are actually more along the lines of magic, where units learn them as they level up their skill level associated with them (if you watch the tutoring gameplay we got from Treehouse and Kotaku, you'll see that characters learn arts from leavling up their skill level/weapon rank).

Mage class or Anette looks to be a bit slow. Anette is 5 spd lower than fricking Felix who is quite a few levels lower than her. At least she has magic as it targets res, something that's usually lower for physical damage dealing enemies

4 minutes ago, redlight said:

Mage class or Anette looks to be a bit slow. Anette is 5 spd lower than fricking Felix who is quite a few levels lower than her. At least she has magic as it targets res, something that's usually lower for physical damage dealing enemies

You forget, that Felix is a Myrmidon and Myrmidons are excellent in speed lol

48 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

That's right but also remember that now the units learn magic by Character level and professor level.

Fire skill for example allow the user to use fire but if the user already know fire by character level the skill doubles the uses of fire for that character.

But we still don't have enough information. In the Treehouse gameplay Dorothea could use Fire 20 times but we don't know but that was with or without the Fire skill.

Just now, linkhuesitos said:

That's right but also remember that now the units learn magic by Character level and professor level.

Fire skill for example allow the user to use fire but if the user already know fire by character level the skill doubles the uses of fire for that character.

But we still don't have enough information. In the Treehouse gameplay Dorothea could use Fire 20 times but we don't know but that was with or without the Fire skill.

Well Annette has the Fire Class Skill from Mage and only has 10 uses - so I'm assuming Dorothea gets Fire from levelling Reason(giving her 10 uses) and then gets another 10 uses by getting the Fire Class Skill from the Mage class.

34 minutes ago, redlight said:

Only thing is that Armored Knights take heavy damage from magic users. In the second map in the Treehouse footage, Dedue was doubled by a mage and lost a lot of HP.

Their movement isn't that bad either, since you can use the Stride Gambit to massively boost their movement (although I guess everyone benefits).

For Combat Arts, you just need the right weapon type equipped it seems. The sword arts can't be used with a lance for example.

24 minutes ago, Jandopo said:

Is it just me, or does the voice acting seem a bit... I dunno... mediocre?

I mean, it's fine, but to me it seems way inferior to what I hear in Echoes and Heroes.

Sounds just as good as Echoes to me.

32 minutes ago, Jandopo said:

Is it just me, or does the voice acting seem a bit... I dunno... mediocre?

I mean, it's fine, but to me it seems way inferior to what I hear in Echoes and Heroes.

I agree, I don`t think the acting is bad, just a little meh. Which is a shame after Echoes and even Heroes gave us some fantastic voice acting.  Though it could also be that I`m just not used to these voices yet.

Edited by Metal Flash

26 minutes ago, Owain Dark said:

You forget, that Felix is a Myrmidon and Myrmidons are excellent in speed lol

Of course there might be variances in playthorughs, but at level 15 Felix is at 18 speed (also assuming that the class and Felix have good speed growths so this could be considered a close to a 100% growth, but it's not really at the same time, just expect to have something like that if going that path). Anette is at level 19 with 13 speedd. Mentioning again that there exists variance on different playthroughs, Ashe at level 15 is 12 spd in Treehouse footage, the same level as in this gameplay couldn't even double an axe user in this footage. Might just be a case of Ashe and Anette being speed screwed and I'm way overthinking things.

13 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Only thing is that Armored Knights take heavy damage from magic users. In the second map in the Treehouse footage, Dedue was doubled by a mage and lost a lot of HP.

Definitely that, but that's kinda the same as putting pegasi in range of archers (though they have better move and can traverse any terrain so it's less bad for them). What I'm saying is that you wouldn't do it if you can avoid it. Some sound moments in the Tree House presentation, but a couple of things made me question what they did and all they really did was create some kind of false confirmation bias for a few things for some people. I can't really blame them as they were playing regularly, but this is the closest we've gotten to a demo until now so we'd pretty much "Kowalksi, analysis!" anything right now.

BTW, did they all use the same save file for the houses they were playing? Different sources have King of the Beast battle with the same house and classes, no?

Edited by redlight

3 minutes ago, redlight said:

Of course there might be variances in playthorughs, but at level 15 Felix is at 18 speed (also assuming that the class and Felix have good speed growths so this could be considered a close to a 100% growth, but it's not really at the same time, just expect to have something like that if going that path). Anette is at level 19 with 13 speedd. Mentioning again that there exists variance on different playthroughs, Ashe at level 15 is 12 spd, the same level as in this gameplay couldn't even double an axe user in this footage. Might just be a case of Ashe and Anette being speed screwed and I'm way overthinking things.

BTW, did they all use the same save file for the houses they were playing? Different sources have King of the Beast battle with the same house and classes, no?

I'm sure the whole speed thing comes down to bases and growths plus promo bonuses. Felix is definitely the traditional myrmidon, so I would say his speed is probably really good and Ashe and Annette might just be slow I guess.

Also yes I'm pretty sure the save was the same for each demo playthrough, which I'm pretty sure is typical for these kind of things.

1 minute ago, Azz said:

I'm sure the whole speed thing comes down to bases and growths plus promo bonuses. Felix is definitely the traditional myrmidon, so I would say his speed is probably really good and Ashe and Annette might just be slow I guess.

Also yes I'm pretty sure the save was the same for each demo playthrough, which I'm pretty sure is typical for these kind of things.

Oh I forgot promo bonuses lol. I should go to bed. Disregard what I said earlier

Edited by redlight

Nice, there were so many things barely left unshown. Though I really wish Dimitri mastered his class in this one, he gets so close every time... I want to see what that does. And if it gets him a skill, what skill.

1 hour ago, redlight said:

Might just be me, but Ashe looks slow.

Ashe has 16 speed as a lv 14 on this map, I'd say he's plenty fast. He's just using a heavy weapon.

30 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Well Annette has the Fire Class Skill from Mage and only has 10 uses - so I'm assuming Dorothea gets Fire from levelling Reason(giving her 10 uses) and then gets another 10 uses by getting the Fire Class Skill from the Mage class. 

Dorothea only had 10 Fire uses in the first chapter Tree house played though, and it was due to the skill. Considering she has thunder as a Commoner, she might be a thunder mage, but who can say.

Edited by Cysx

The level disparity is pretty interesting. Dimitri was level 24, while Dedue was only level 14. Obviously the House Leaders will tend to be higher leveled than the others, but a full ten level difference? I know the House Leaders get boosted experience, but sheesh.

5 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Ashe has 16 speed as a lv 14 on this map, I'd say he's plenty fast. He's just using a heavy weapon.

I didn't see that. I need to have a look again tomorrow.  Also, weight is back. Shit I need to through everything again