New Polygon Footage

Azz

Just now, redlight said:

I didn't see that. I need to have a look again tomorrow.  Also, weight is back. Shit I need to through everything again

Ah, it's in another video of that map, couldn't even tell you which one...
... oh, I noted it down actually. He levels up in the Kotaku one so we get to see his speed.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Shadeflare123 said:

The level disparity is pretty interesting. Dimitri was level 24, while Dedue was only level 14. Obviously the House Leaders will tend to be higher leveled than the others, but a full ten level difference? I know the House Leaders get boosted experience, but sheesh.

They could have boosted the levels for the save to make things easier for the players. I remember them doing similar things in the promotional footage for Fates, such as having Corrin being 3ish levels higher than possible during the Treehouse presentation.

Edited by BastienSoul

12 minutes ago, BastienSoul said:

They could have boosted the levels for the save to make things easier for the players. I remember them doing similar things in the promotional footage for Fates, such as having Corrin being 3ish levels higher than possible during the Treehouse presentation.

That’s a good point. It’d make sense to have Dimitri be that high of a level for a demo like this.

1 hour ago, Jandopo said:

Is it just me, or does the voice acting seem a bit... I dunno... mediocre?

I mean, it's fine, but to me it seems way inferior to what I hear in Echoes and Heroes.

We really haven't heard much of them. For something like VA, it helps to know the characters better to determine how well the voices fit.

That said, Sylvain's voice stuck out to me as great. I low-key just want to replay him talking, even though it's not much. Dedue and F!Byleth are two others I immediately liked.

9 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Not sure if anybody brought this up yet, but it seems Gauntlets can only make their consecutive attacks on Player Phase.

I mean that makes sense considering brave weapons in fates and heroes also can't double on enemy phase so I'm not surprised it's the case here. It probably would made gauntlets too op if they could double on enemy phase too.

16 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

What exactly happened when Sylvain used Disturbance? Was it a status effect?

It's a Gambit. Probably causes distress, which lowers stats and disables buffs from battalions and Gambits.

Given that magic has limited uses, I can actually see why they'd give Anette an ax (and Mercedes a bow). You might wanna conserve magic to use later, and having an off-weapon can help with that.

It also means that magic-focusing units can have strengths in weapons. I mean, we saw Hubert have a Bow strength, as well as a Lance ",  level me up for a unique perk" thingy.

The gameplay looks good, but I gotta say that this game is really lacking polish. I'm not a graphics fanatic, but even considering my low standards these models and animations are really, REALLY wonky. I mean, Sylvain's armor has this weird blocky light reflection going on and the battalion animations are awkward as hell. I also noticed some lag with the overworld animations. You'd think IS would have the budget to make this game look and run better considering that Heroes prints money. 

This does not bode well. 

Edited by Leif

Just now, Leif said:

The gameplay looks good, but I gotta say that this game is really lacking polish. I'm not a graphics fanatic, but even considering my low standards these models and animations are really, REALLY wonky. I mean, Sylvain's armor has this weird blocky light reflection going on and the battalion animations are awkward as hell. I also noticed some lag with the overworked animations. You'd think IS would have the budget to make this game look and run better considering that Heroes prints money. 

This does not bode well. 

the models and animations are pretty good imo, its just the lack of anti aliasing that makes the models look rough

11 minutes ago, GrassEater said:

the models and animations are pretty good imo, its just the lack of anti aliasing that makes the models look rough

I wonder if people will eventually modify the game like some did with BOTW and add some anti-aliasing to the environments. It would be interesting to see what it would look like with some proper anti-aliasing. I think it would look a hell of a lot better. 

11 minutes ago, PrincessAlyson said:

I'm really liking F!Avatar's voice. The combat and menus look good!

Yeah, the voice actress they got for female Byleth sounds great! Which is definitely an improvement over Fates in my opinion. I didn't really like the female voice options for Corrin.

2 hours ago, Leif said:

The gameplay looks good, but I gotta say that this game is really lacking polish. I'm not a graphics fanatic, but even considering my low standards these models and animations are really, REALLY wonky. I mean, Sylvain's armor has this weird blocky light reflection going on and the battalion animations are awkward as hell. I also noticed some lag with the overworld animations. You'd think IS would have the budget to make this game look and run better considering that Heroes prints money. 

This does not bode well. 

I have the same feeling. My standards for graphics and performances are incredibly low and this game fails to live up to even those low standards. 

That said I don't think it will be a big deal. Graphics don't mean much to me so I'll learn to live with it. I always do and I don't see Three Houses being an exception. 

1 hour ago, SimplyUnknown said:

Yeah, the voice actress they got for female Byleth sounds great! Which is definitely an improvement over Fates in my opinion. I didn't really like the female voice options for Corrin.

I'm liking the entire English cast so far. Pretty much every character sounds like I imagined.

3 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I really hope they release a similar demo on the eShop. The gameplay looks very good. Though, I don't think first party demos have been very common on Switch.

I honestly think there won't be a demo anymore, since release is in a month. 

4 hours ago, Tree said:

I've seen mentioned that there is no avatar customization, but female Byleth's clothes look much more reasonable here. Perhaps there are some nice promoted variations.

She's a in the Mercenary class

2 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

She's in the Mercenary class

I wonder if cutscenes will still reference the base class later in the game. Automatic story promotion could get around that I guess. Of course, if there are multiple promotion options, then that's irrelevant.

Here’s hoping the graphics get just a bit more polished by the time of the game’s actual release. If they don’t, though, I won’t be all that bothered. They’re fine as is, but like others have said, they just look a little rough.

6 hours ago, Leif said:

This does not bode well. 

I have no clue how game development works, but for now I'll say that I agree.

The Wii-era looking visuals, the weird delay in between certain animations, I think I saw a framrate drop too during that one clip where Claude used a bomb attack or maybe that was just slow motion and I'm just being dumb.

I do like how reactive battle animations are still a thing though: 

Another day, another reason to thank Echoes.