New Polygon Footage

Azz

2 hours ago, Tree said:

I wonder if cutscenes will still reference the base class later in the game. Automatic story promotion could get around that I guess. Of course, if there are multiple promotion options, then that's irrelevant.

This is probably the case as we’ve seen that even when they class change, the students and Byleth remain in their commoner/noble outfits in the monastery

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to criticize IS for the graphics because Fire Emblem games have never been that great with graphics. But I really love the sound design, and they are really taking huge steps with it after making it so much better from FE15 from what I'm hearing. Though the voice acting a step back from FE15, but I feel like part of it comes from the scriptwriting.

Personally, F!Byleth's voice is the only one I don't care for at this time. The sound of it is okay, but the delivery doesn't do it for me. She sounds so dead inside, especially during her "Such power dwells within?" line.

Though now that I'm thinking about it, Ingrid's voice in the Gamespot preview didn't sound that great either and seems a little deep for her. But what do I know, we haven't heard much so far.

Everyone else sounds good, I think! Though I do have to agree that the graphics aren't too spectacular. I'd consider it lost potential, but it won't bother me much in the long run.

Hey, missed that the first time through:
6B8Y2RB.jpg

You get to see as far as the potential result of what the enemy will do during their turn. That's... pretty crazy, actually.
Sorry if that's old news, btw.

Edited by Cysx

8 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Hey, missed that the first time through:
6B8Y2RB.jpg

You get to see as far as the potential result of what the enemy will do during their turn. That's... pretty crazy, actually.
Sorry if that's old news, btw.

It's the first time I'd seen it too - the information was always there in other FEs; if you cared enough you could have totally figured it out for yourself so it's not completely game breaking.

Just now, HappyHawlucha. said:

It's the first time I'd seen it too - the information was always there in other FEs; if you cared enough you could have totally figured it out for yourself so it's not completely game breaking.

It was considerably less accessible, though. I don't think it's game breaking either, but I certainly didn't expect them to go that far. Aggro lines and targets were already a pretty big surprise for me.