Forum upgrade hiccups RE: warning system (read me!)

Integrity

Hello, citizens.

It's come to our collective attention as of checks roughly an hour ago that the forum software hasn't been sending out notifications to users that have been warned since the last forums patch about two weeks ago. I've implemented a fix going forward, but please take fifteen seconds to go to your profile right now and check on the left and see if you have outstanding warn points that you might not know about. Tell your friends to do it too. Even if you don't know about your warnings, the points are real and can end up in bad things.

Someday, in the grim far future, some smart guy will invent a software upgrade that doesn't break half to all of everything, but we are not there. Hey, if you're considering a career in computer science, you know? Be the change I want to see in the world!

Thanks for your time. Carry on.

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Is there any action required by those who have warning points?

Nope. Just read them and move on.

Just now, Glennstavos said:

Huh, you sure this isn't just a recent issue? Because I'm only just now aware of having gotten warnings in the past.

This is a recent issue, except for some categories of warnings, which were built in to not give notifications for some reason I have literally no idea about. A few forum patches ago, you were able to set whether you wanted to be notified when you were warned, and it was a few weeks before we realized that that was defaulted to "no", so you might have had some from that period as well.

3 minutes ago, Integrity said:

This is a recent issue, except for some categories of warnings, which were built in to not give notifications for some reason I have literally no idea about. A few forum patches ago, you were able to set whether you wanted to be notified when you were warned, and it was a few weeks before we realized that that was defaulted to "no", so you might have had some from that period as well.

Maybe it's one of those categories that don't notify you. My most recent one, from late 2018, was something I reported. If I received a warning for that report, I'm sure I would have noticed such a notification...

It's point value is also not added to my warning points, implying that it doesn't count? Very strange.

5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Maybe it's one of those categories that don't notify you. My most recent one, from late 2018, was something I reported. If I received a warning for that report, I'm sure I would have noticed such a notification...

It's point value is also not added to my warning points, implying that it doesn't count? Very strange.

Expired warnings remove themselves from your total warning points.  The other one. . .uh, bug Integrity or something.

33 minutes ago, Florete said:

Well I definitely should not have any.

*Checks warn history and sees a warning from April*

g2yzCqq.png

hey i remember giving you that warn