Jump to content
Integrity

Forum upgrade hiccups RE: warning system (read me!)

Recommended Posts

Hello, citizens.

 

It's come to our collective attention as of checks roughly an hour ago that the forum software hasn't been sending out notifications to users that have been warned since the last forums patch about two weeks ago. I've implemented a fix going forward, but please take fifteen seconds to go to your profile right now and check on the left and see if you have outstanding warn points that you might not know about. Tell your friends to do it too. Even if you don't know about your warnings, the points are real and can end up in bad things.

 

Someday, in the grim far future, some smart guy will invent a software upgrade that doesn't break half to all of everything, but we are not there. Hey, if you're considering a career in computer science, you know? Be the change I want to see in the world!

 

Thanks for your time. Carry on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Is there any action required by those who have warning points?

Nope. Just read them and move on.

 

Just now, Glennstavos said:

Huh, you sure this isn't just a recent issue? Because I'm only just now aware of having gotten warnings in the past.

This is a recent issue, except for some categories of warnings, which were built in to not give notifications for some reason I have literally no idea about. A few forum patches ago, you were able to set whether you wanted to be notified when you were warned, and it was a few weeks before we realized that that was defaulted to "no", so you might have had some from that period as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Integrity said:

This is a recent issue, except for some categories of warnings, which were built in to not give notifications for some reason I have literally no idea about. A few forum patches ago, you were able to set whether you wanted to be notified when you were warned, and it was a few weeks before we realized that that was defaulted to "no", so you might have had some from that period as well.

Maybe it's one of those categories that don't notify you. My most recent one, from late 2018, was something I reported. If I received a warning for that report, I'm sure I would have noticed such a notification...

It's point value is also not added to my warning points, implying that it doesn't count? Very strange.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Maybe it's one of those categories that don't notify you. My most recent one, from late 2018, was something I reported. If I received a warning for that report, I'm sure I would have noticed such a notification...

It's point value is also not added to my warning points, implying that it doesn't count? Very strange.

Expired warnings remove themselves from your total warning points.  The other one. . .uh, bug Integrity or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Expired warnings remove themselves from your total warning points.  The other one. . .uh, bug Integrity or something.

No. Those are my warning points. I earned them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Florete said:

Well I definitely should not have any.

*Checks warn history and sees a warning from April*

g2yzCqq.png

hey i remember giving you that warn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...