A FE3H Character that made you choose the opposite side?

Not for me, I love every character revealed so far, though obviously some more than others(The whole of Blue lions+Hubert).

With that being said I do have one character who I am not a fan of and that is Ignatz. It wouldn't be enough to stop me picking Golden Deer if it was my favourite group(It isn't), but his design and character just doesn't sit right with me. I also unironically love Lorenz. 

I was initially going Deers, because democracy underdog is cool, but then they got the joke character (Raphael) and the wig. Last trailer definitely made the choice for me, I really can't stand the POF (Power Of Friendship) shite, they said that Claude was going to be a multi sided character, and I still have hope, but from what we've seen so far eh... not so much. And sideburns are f*ing horrifying lol

On the other hand Edelgard looks like a much more interesting person, and considering we can "steal" students I may as well just base the choice on the lords.

Edited by timon
Grammar

even though i find many golden deers to be REALLY umpleasant to look at, i'll still play the game the way i decided some months ago

1) black eagles

2) blue lions

3) golden deers

from least interesting to most interesting

47 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

Not for me, I love every character revealed so far, though obviously some more than others(The whole of Blue lions+Hubert).

With that being said I do have one character who I am not a fan of and that is Ignatz. It wouldn't be enough to stop me picking Golden Deer if it was my favourite group(It isn't), but his design and character just doesn't sit right with me. I also unironically love Lorenz. 

I also like him as well, I enjoy quite a lot Virion character on Awakening and Lorenz doesn't seem as bad people claim him to be. But yeah, Ignatz looks the softest of them all, even from the  February Direct i though he was a woman lol. I still plan to follow a structure, but i feel Golden Deers will come to last for me

Nah, I've been Black Eagles since the beginning. Especially with the reveal that we can recruit some students, my first playthrough will still definitely be Black Eagles.

Characters I do REALLY LIKE from other houses though (at least design-wise).

Blue Lions: Dimitri, Felix, Ingrid

Golden Deer: Claude, Lysithea, Leonie

I will say that perhaps Sylvain being more of that typical flirt archetype made me all the more inclined to go for Black Eagles first.  Not to say I think he'll be bad, it's just that I'm not the most inclined to immediately like guys who openly talk about how attractive they think some women are.  And this comes from a guy who, at the time of posting this, has a profile picture of Oboro in a two-piece bikini.

Really, it's mostly between Black Eagles and Blue Lions, and I've felt more inclined to go for the former for a while.  Golden Deer isn't terrible, it just has the fewest characters I have an immediate interest in.

I'm still Blue Lions as I have always been however both Lysithea and Marianne (as well as Claude) have made me question going to Golden Deer. For Black Eagle, Petra and Linhardt also really piqued my interest too. However, I'm still very Blue Lions, especially with Ingrid's reveal.

Raphael, Lorenz and Ignatz took me AWAY from the Golden Deers in one fell swoop. Like they are hideous. *cries* But with the student stealing, and depending on how many you CAN steal, I might be able to do Golden Deers and steal 3-4 other better looking students. And maybe they get a good time-skip appearance and it's all okay.

My choose priority from the beginning has been Golden Deer, Blue Lions, Black Eagles, and that hasn't changed. Though I have to admit Blue Lions seems to be getting the kids that seem most like you could take seriously and will probably transition appropriately in the presumed tonal shift of the time skip. Some characters on my side, like Hilda and Ignatz, definitely have some red flags here and there, but they're seen wielding bows so they get a pass. Lysithea does not get that same pass, that character description is rife with contradictions, and I definitely don't want another gag character like Lute. Prodigies are about as annoying in fiction as they are in real life, so writers feel compelled to load them up with quirks or jokes to make them seem more likeable.

I've always been Blue Lions and there aren't any characters that are so offputting that I wouldn't do a playthrough of their house. I plan to play every house at least once. I really hate Lorenz's hair, which seems to be the general opinion on him. If there's post-timeskip designs for everyone, I hope they make him look better.

Not really. I’ve chosen the Golden Deer and with every week I’m more convinced that this is the right choice. The characters designs of some characters are criticized a lot but I adore them with the exception of Lorenz! And Lorenz still can redeem himself with his post timeskip design, so I’m fine.

Edited by berriicoco

At the very beginning Dimitri put me off the Blue Lions somewhat. Between him, Claude and Edgelord he easily struck me as the most boring lord. I also suspected he would just be a rebooted Leo. That opinion changed pretty much as soon as I saw the E3 trailer. The characters in his house looking very good helped a lot too. 

So far they haven't torn me from team Golden Deer but two of its characters did make me tempted to pick another team. Lorentz gives me a lot of bad vibes. I really, really do not like his design and he doesn't seem very interesting either. Raphael can go either way. Upon reveal he easily struck me as best boi but I fear IS wants to turn him into an empty gimmick character which would be fine if ''lol I love food'' wasn't such a lame gimmick.  

I was going to choose Edelgard first, but now I'm really worried about Dimitri, I just need to know that he and the Blue Lions crew are okay and happy before I can play the other routes. Edelgard also looked very unhappy in the last trailer, so I just... I don't know... Maybe I should just play the two routes simultaneously...

That being said, I wish Lorenz and Sylvain weren't the obsessed-with-women type, I find that to be kind of scary and also tiresome. But I wouldn't say I hate them or anything. Well, maybe Lorenz's hair, but that's not his fault.

Not really. I was in Blue Lions from the beginning, and I don't really dislike anyone from the other houses. Yeah Lorenz has a stupid haircut, and Hubert looks like Iago's younger brother but that doesn't really affect my decision much. If anything I could always bench them if I really don't end up liking them anyway.

I was game for hilda since day one just didn't know what house she would be attending. Was gonna go Blue lions for like a split second cause I like Dimitri but then Hilda was shown to be in golden deer so yeah. I go where the twintails go

Why would you stray away from a house just because it has a character you don't like?  Being the instructor of your hated foe may seem bad at first, but imagine how terrible it would be if they were to have a horrible "training accident" while charging bravely into enemy lines/crest beasts having forgotten to take any weapons.  Now that would be tragic.  😉

8 hours ago, Rose482 said:

I'm still on team Edelgard, however I WILL be stealing Ashe from the Blue Lions.

If I end up doing Golden Deer (for Claude, it will always be for him), I'm 100% stealing Ashe. Everyone else is up in the air, but Ashe is my #1 steal choice no matter the route. haha.

I somewhat dislike the designs that look like J-pop singers on stage or trendy models you'd find in Japanese teen fashion magazines, they simply don't fit the setting  but don't necessarily look awful. I'm mainly talking accessories and haircuts etc. Dorothea for example, she really looks out of place.

I was originally going to go with The Blue Lions, but I was swayed to Golden Deers when we got the first few pixels of Marianne’s face. I absolutely love Rinea, and with all the new headcanons about Marianne’s heritage, she’s even better.

Furthermore, I think Lysithea’s has a cool potential story (leak) and a cool design. Claude is also the best lord, so that’s a plus.