Famitsu 4th article (please read first post)

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personal abilities. There might be better names for some of these.

Caspar: Quarreler - Adjacent foes receive Avoid -10 during combat.

Linhardt: Doze Off - If unit waits without performing an action, restores 10% HP.

Petra: Hunter's Law - When foe has less than 50% HP, Critical rate +20

Annette: Hard Worker - When Rally command is used on ally, grants Strength +4.

Sylvain: Ladies' Man- When adjacent to a female ally, damage dealt to foe +2, damage received from foe -2.

Ingrid: Lady Knight - When using a Gambit, Might +3 and Hit Rate +5.

Ignatz: Keen Observation - Hit rate +20.

Marianne: Animal Lover - When adjacent to a horseback or flying ally, restores 20% HP at the start of the turn.

Leonie: Hates to Lose - When adjacent to a male ally, damage dealt to foe +2, damage received from foe -2.

11 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

OMG what is wrong with the back of Lorenz's hair??? 

It's called an undercut!

1 minute ago, luchinania said:

Not sure I like Bernadetta’s new look.

She looks a lot more confident, so I kind of like it. o:

-

So the brawler class looks really good? Was iffy on it at first, but the advanced class for it looks pretty cool.

2 minutes ago, luchinania said:

Not sure I like Bernadetta’s new look.

Those statues remind me of the dlc from Echoes; I wonder if they’re supposed to represent the saints and elites.

It actually took a moment to realize that it was Bernadetta. Maybe because the picture is kind of small but I thought it was Morgan at first glance.

1 minute ago, Three Eyes said:

Good god, Lorenz, why.

I think he has silver hair underneath the purple hair(wig)? I feel like it's setting up for Lorenz to have silver hair after the time skip (and hopefully with a better hairstyle).

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

Leonie: Hates to Lose - When adjacent to a male ally, damage dealt to foe +2, damage received from foe -2.

Ah, okay, phew.

2 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Personal abilities. There might be better names for some of these.

Caspar: Quarreler - Adjacent foes receive Avoid -10 during combat.

Linhardt: Doze Off - If unit waits without performing an action, restores 10% HP.

Petra: Hunter's Law - When foe has less than 50% HP, Critical rate +20

Annette: Hard Worker - When Rally command is used on ally, grants Strength +4.

Sylvain: Ladies' Man- When adjacent to a female ally, damage dealt to foe +2, damage received from foe -2.

Ingrid: Lady Knight - When using a Gambit, Might +3 and Hit Rate +5.

Ignatz: Keen Observation - Hit rate +20.

Marianne: Animal Lover - When adjacent to a horseback or flying ally, restores 20% HP at the start of the turn.

Some of these seem very good. In particular, Sylvain and Leonie seem like a perfect tag-team. And a flat 20 hit rate early on is amazing.

So basically Female Byleth is superior for a Blue lions playthrough because of Sylvain, and Male Byleth is superior for a Golden Deer playthrough because of Hilda and Leonie. Black Eagles doesn't really matter but they have been suggesting Male Byleth as the Canon option for them.

1 minute ago, SpiceMan said:

So basically Female Byleth is superior for a Blue lions playthrough because of Sylvain, and Male Byleth is superior for a Golden Deer playthrough because of Hilda and Leonie. Black Eagles doesn't really matter but they have been suggesting Male Byleth as the Canon option for them.

I mean, 'superior' is a strong word. It's a handful of minor character buffs, when both houses have no problem procc'ing them anyway. I suppose if you were absolutely metagaming to the hilt, then with the information we have now that's correct, but it's not something most players would really think about, especially since you can recruit most characters.

1 minute ago, redlight said:

Curious as to what class benefits the most from Ignatz's 20+ hit.

Probably Brigand/Barbarian? That 20 hit basically negates all accuracy penalties. Or maybe Dark Mage, since Dark Magic tends to be less accurate, but hit harder.

Here are some quick translations I have done so far. At work, so I can't do everything yet.

-There is a town outside of the monastery you can check out. Anna is there to give you hints/tips if you need and there is a weapon refinery. There are also shops where you can buy weapons and items needed for quests

- Tea Time is the new 'Bond Strengthening' (see Room mechanic from Fates) mechanic in this game. You can invite characters to this around their birthdays (weekends only). If you give the perfect responses during your tea time, your bond will increase greatly!

- You can find items dropped all over the monastery. Often times, these are needed for quests.

- You can 'Scout' units (we already knew this). Each unit requires specific parameters and professor levels to scout. You CANNOT scout leaders of the other houses or certain students in each house (presumably, second in commands)

- You can give presents to the students in your house! It's best to pay attention when they are talking as they will reveal to you what they like and what they don't like!

- On Sundays, you can go to worship at a temple! There are 4 temples to choose from, each named after a famous person in the history of Fodlan! Using the points you get from battles and quests, you can strengthen up each temple to get bonuses for the units using the corresponding weapon types (bows, axes, lances, swords).

-Advice box and praying at church (as per Treehouse) can increase the bonds between you and your students.

Edited by Coolmanio

1 minute ago, redlight said:

Curious as to what class benefits the most from Ignatz's 20+ hit.

Probably everything considering how little dex seems to affect accuracy.
... that being said, from what we've seen archers lose 20 accuracy per additional range above 2, so it makes sense he's always depicted as that too.

8 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

I LOVE male Byleths Hero design just epic!

Yeah, I noticed that too. Super cool. Really liking the Black Knight theme he's got going.

Bottom of Page 6 discusses the smithy. You can repair and forge weapons.

I think you need to pay gold and materials to repair weapons.

Forging is kinda hard to see. But I think you need to pay smithing stones (forgot what they're called in English) and your Professor Level needs to be high enough. Then you can craft + versions of weapons.

The protagonist's Sword of the Creator will restore 5 uses by itself if you rest during a weekend. Dunno if you can repair it normally.

2 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

You CANNOT scout leaders of the other houses or their second in commands. 

Wait, why was Lorenz recruitable, then? If he's not Claude's second in command, who is?

Just now, Cysx said:

Wait, why was Lorenz recruitable, then? If he's not Claude's second in command, who is?

EIther Lorenz is teasing you and pretends to be interested or Hilda is actually Claude's second in command or Claude doesn't have a second in command.

Probably Hilda I guess, I wish it was Lorenz though. Might give him more story time to develop. Now it seems like Hilda is going to be story important character and that scares me.

Interesting how Marianne's Crest is labeled "???". We know she was adopted, so either she doesn't know, or there is a bigger mystery. It's the same Crest on Edelgard's Weapon, so could Edelgard and Marianne be related some how?

Anyway, here's the updated Crest Chart. (Did change "Greats" to "Elites".)

Spoiler

OlNdlUd.png

Interesting how Sylvain and Mercedes are both separated from the rest of their groups. Mercedes this makes sense because she used to be an Adrestian, but why Sylvain?

And still interesting how Felix is the only student with a Major Crest.

EDIT: added Byleth's Crest in the upper right corner, just to keep track of it as well.

Edited by Lord_Grima

So what do you guys think about where we'll be staying during the war phase...back at the monastery again? I wouldn't mind maybe if it's like a time travel thing, making it the next mycastle effectively. Bringing you and your students back in time?

Edited by Dinar87

Have we been given any reason to think it could be Hilda beyond her being revealed early on, though?

Edited by Cysx