Famitsu 4th article (please read first post)

53 minutes ago, ArsSanctum said:

I meant a movement type. Males can be armored, infantry, or mounted at Intermediate

Girls can be all of those + flying at Intermediate.

That's hardly uncommon though. Male units rarely get access to Pegasi in general, and Wyverns are rarely playable until mid-late game.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Thales

Solon and Cronje's leader and an important figure within the Nightcrawlers. In order to carry out his plan, he acts in the shadows of Fódlan.

Solon

A person with the look of a mage. Suitable for his appearance, he uses cunning schemes and tricks. A highly dangerous individual.

Cronje

One of the Nightcrawlers. She looks like a happy young woman, but she acts like a child and exhibits a brutal disposition.

Gharnef twins and Peri make a return

This was touched in Gamespot's preview as well as Treehouse Live, but it's possible to recruit students from other houses. However, you must meet certain stat and skill level requirements. Also you cannot recruit house leaders and certain students. Leonie is definitely fair game though! Any students you recruit will also join you during the war phase.

When exploring, you can give gifts to students you encounter. Gifts can be purchased from the market, grown from the greenhouse etc. If you give a student a gift that they like, you can gain support points. Also, if the student is in your house, their Motivation will increase. Sadly, the screenshot is too small to see the details, but you can gift a Messenger Owl's Feather...

Leonie: The daughter of a hunter, who's training to become a money-making mercenary. She's the protagonist's father's self-proclaimed top student.

11 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Thales

Solon and Cronje's leader and an important figure within the Nightcrawlers. In order to carry out his plan, he acts in the shadows of Fódlan.

Sounds like this guy is EVIL EMPEROR ZURG. Or at least a major player.

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

She's the protagonist's father's self-proclaimed top student.

Does this mean Jeralt says she is the top student, or that she says that Jeralt said she was the top student.

10 minutes ago, Onestep said:

That's hardly uncommon though. Male units rarely get access to Pegasi in general, and Wyverns are rarely playable until mid-late game.

I never said anything about it being common.

Wyvern Riders, even if usually accessible "mid-game" are still tier 1 classes though. It isn't like you just got Wyvern Lords instead. Thats only in like, FE1.

2 minutes ago, SpiceMan said:

Does this mean Jeralt says she is the top student, or that she says that Jeralt said she was the top student.

It means she says that she is the top student. Jeralt's opinion is not taken into account, thus 'self-proclaimed'.

I firmly believe the 4 Saint relics will be based on the weapons the 4 statues wield: Sword, Lance, Axe and Bow so likely:

Bernadetta=Bow from her saint crest and makes sense.

Ferdinand=Axe again same named crest

Linhardt=Lance same as the other 2

Whoever has the last Divine crest=Sword

Don't know if there'll be "magic relics" since there's no tomes in the game maybe magic scroll "relics"?

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

1 minute ago, ArsSanctum said:

I never said anything about it being common.

Wyvern Riders, even if usually accessible "mid-game" are still tier 1 classes though. It isn't like you just got Wyvern Lords instead. Thats only in like, FE1.

I really don't see it as an issue. Pegasus Knights have clear weaknesses to counterbalance their mobility, and only appear one tier below Wyvern Riders. Historically, Wyverns are better than Pegasi knights in almost every game you get both, so it's no surprised that the game is treating them as a higher level class.

2 hours ago, Moonlit Knight said:

Hero confirmed to be male only (why?). The other class names are as we anticipated: Fortress, Paladin, Grappler, Warlock, and Bishop.

When FE6 manages to be more diverse than FE16. Also, I'm very mildly annoyed by the gender lock classes after Fates basically went out of its way to completely abolish it outside of priest/priestess and maid/butler changes. For a game about customization I hope this doesn't end up limiting us too much at times. 

4 minutes ago, Onestep said:

I really don't see it as an issue. Pegasus Knights have clear weaknesses to counterbalance their mobility, and only appear one tier below Wyvern Riders. Historically, Wyverns are better than Pegasi knights in almost every game you get both, so it's no surprised that the game is treating them as a higher level class.

We're getting off my main point anyway.

Despite lacking access to Brawler and Dark Mage, females still have classes that give bonuses to every weapon and movement rank in the game at intermediate. Mages still use Reason, so do Priests for that matter. Brigand still has a bonus for gauntlets. They also get Cav, Armor, and Pegasus to cover the movement ranks.

Males do NOT have access to anything utilizing a flying rank at Intermediate. Nothing whatsoever. (unless, again, some hidden class which I see as very unlikely by this point). It won't matter that much but its still annoying to me.

Presumably Wyvern Rider will have a flying pre-requisite. You'll be boosting up a rank that literally won't have any pay off until level 20 for males. No option of raising it more naturally through actual use. SOLELY through the admittedly many other options.

It's not gamebreaking. It's not that big of a deal. But it annoys the hell out of me lmfao.

1 minute ago, ArsSanctum said:

We're getting off my main point anyway.

Despite lacking access to Brawler and Dark Mage, females still have classes that give bonuses to every weapon and movement rank in the game at intermediate. Mages still use Reason, so do Priests for that matter. Brigand still has a bonus for gauntlets. They also get Cav, Armor, and Pegasus to cover the movement ranks.

Males do NOT have access to anything utilizing a flying rank at Intermediate. Nothing whatsoever. (unless, again, some hidden class which I see as very unlikely by this point). It won't matter that much but its still annoying to me.

Presumably Wyvern Rider will have a flying pre-requisite. You'll be boosting up a rank that literally won't have any pay off until level 20 for males. No option of raising it more naturally through actual use. SOLELY through the admittedly many other options.

It's not gamebreaking. It's not that big of a deal. But it annoys the hell out of me lmfao.

That's fair enough.

2 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

@VincentASM Was Absolve from Echoes called Terrain Resistance in the Japanese version?

My memory is kinda hazy. I'll need to check later...

About the renown boxes. You need 10,000 to clear out a box. Does that mean the listed points are cumulative or not cumulative? I dunno how to use that word properly XD

Also, Lysithea being a recruit makes me want to stray from the Golden Deer. But nah, I'll probably stick with it.

A bit more stuff...

When exploring the monastery, you may find blue sparkles on the floor, indicating a dropped item. If you can correctly identify its owner, by checking the item's details, you can earn support points and motivation. In the example, the protagonist has found a Fine Arts Book. Hmm, I wonder who this could belong to? Of course, Ignatz, since he loves art!

During weekends and when it's a character's birthday, you can invite characters for a tea party. First, you choose from a selection of tea leaves, then the conversation starts. You'll want to choose conversation topics that the character is interested in. If successful, it seems you'll gain support points and both characters will increase their Charm stat.

During a tea party, even if your conversation ends up going nowhere, don't worry as support points won't be deducted. Also, if the conversation is a success, you'll enter a "free time" state, where you can give a gift and, er, literally get closer to the other person.

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

EZJV4x0.jpg

Wild in-game!Anna spotted.

Never realized her ponytail was off-center until just now.

Please no time travel/mycastle shenanigans.  Mycastle contributed significantly to the bad tonal shifts and gameplay-story segregation issues present in Fates.  It was very difficult to take a lot of stuff in that game seriously when you could just warp people you care about and trust to a secret pocket dimension where time does not move the same, especially in Conquest where the characters actually had very good reasons to use the damn thing.

I'd rather it just simply be a home base.

Tonal dissonance is perhaps my No.1 worry. 

I’m expecting Hilda to be Claude’s “retainer” as it evens out the gender ratio of who can be recruitable at 3 males and 3 females per house. Characters like Ingrid, Sylvain, and Felix make a little less sense as recruitable but I could see a “we don’t like what Dimitri has become can we help you stop him?” angle for their recruitment in the war phase. 

Edited by RevenantKnight

Really glad to see (at least in the in-game images) that Anna still looks like herself!

The initial portrait release for her gave me a heart attack from how bright they made her colors, so this is a real lifesaver.

(Also Cronje kinda looks like S-rank material even if she's definitely evil ngl)

6 minutes ago, RevenantKnight said:

I’m expecting Hilda to be Claude’s “retainer” as it evens out the gender ratio of who can be recruitable at 3 males and 3 females per house. Characters like Ingrid, Sylvain, and Felix make a little less sense as recruitable but I could see a “we don’t like what Dimitri has become can we help you stop him?” angle for their recruitment in the war phase. 

Plus the only Golden deer who haven't been confirmed as recruitable are her and Marianne. I think she is way more likely than Marianne.

1 minute ago, SpiceMan said:

Plus the only Golden deer who haven't been confirmed as recruitable are her and Marianne. I think she is way more likely than Marianne.

Especially with the potential of Edelgard/Marianne supports about the crest of ???

Pretty sure this crest is the crest of Macuil as it's group with the other 4 saint crests at the top of the mural

crest-003.png

42 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Leonie: The daughter of a hunter, who's training to become a money-making mercenary. She's the protagonist's father's self-proclaimed top student

Sounds like the only one that might have known Byleth personally prior to all this, then.
OTP confirmed, checkmate everybody

19 minutes ago, ArsSanctum said:

Previously nameless boy is now Cyril, which I figured

Er, you did?

Edited by Cysx

22 minutes ago, Onestep said:

Historically, Wyverns are better than Pegasi knights in almost every game you get both, so it's no surprised that the game is treating them as a higher level class.

I disagree - there are only 3 games where I'd say Wyverns DON'T lose out, and one of those has wonky availability. Another has two factions. 

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I disagree - there are only 3 games where I'd say Wyverns DON'T lose out, and one of those has wonky availability. Another has two factions. 

Availability is typically the main issue, because the game designers very quickly realised that giving you a flying, heavily armoured beatstick only really weak to wind magic was not a grand idea. The few that arrive at decent times in the story tend to be among the best units you can get.

49 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Leonie: The daughter of a hunter, who's training to become a money-making mercenary. She's the protagonist's father's self-proclaimed top student.

Oof! Male Byleth x Leonie OTP already! the support convos and character interactions are gonna be something! at least we probably know someone prior to the events!

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold