Famitsu 4th article (please read first post)

1 minute ago, Ertrick36 said:

Still doesn't change the fact that it's male-exclusive.  Even if it's only for, like, five levels, that's still five levels a female sword-fighter could've spent using that skill.  It's the same reason people complain about the lack of flying options for men in the Intermediate section while females have one.  It's a temporary issue, sure, but it still affects things for that time

Yeah I agree. It is annoying. But we'll have to see what else comes of it. Vantage may also be one of those generic skills you can equip freely.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Owain Dark said:

Byleth has the Fire Emblem /Crest of Flames, what Emblem does Felix have? 

Fraldarius.

Also, I finished my write up. You can read it here:

https://serenesforest.net/2019/06/19/three-houses-4th-famitsu-article-nightcrawlers-tea-parties-offerings-saints/

I think I already posted most of the important stuff though.

42 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

We don't know that Swordmaster doesn't have Vantage, a lot of classes share skills

And active skills might get turned into Combat Arts, like they were in Echoes

It's highly unlikely that Swordmaster will have both Swordfaire AND Vantage.

In any case, I'll wait until we know all the classes to see how I feel on the gender locked classes. I don't mind them really so long as things are somewhat balanced in the end.

As far as crests go, it's curious to see what we know so far. Marianne/Edelgard's crest is one of the slightly damaged ones, and it's mostly the damaged ones remaining outside of the one we can assume is another Saint crest and one other unidentified one.

So /feg/ just did a little digging, and likely translations of the 3 villains are Thales, Solon (as Vincent wrote) and Clonia, as all three are Greek figures. Thales and Solon were actual people, both statesmen and philosophers, while Clonia was a mythological nymph. Seems like a decent naming theme, especially considering how it's the fake/mythological one who get's killed off by her own team.

Edited by Onestep

5 hours ago, VincentASM said:

The Sword of the Creator normally has 20 uses, but you can automatically restore 5 uses by choosing to rest during a weekend.

I'm kind of impressed, that... sounds pretty good. A bit too restrictive even, but I was already imagining how strong a 20 uses per chapter 1-2 range prf was going to be, and... I'm kinda glad we've apparently avoided that? I know some people wanted it, but, 20 per chapter? That was way too much, you'd be able to use it 99% of the time outside of solos.

So, an additional thing to do on the already pretty stacked weekends will be to do nothing so that your Relics get fixed. It's gonna be tough to choose between all of the options we know of.

4 minutes ago, Onestep said:

So /feg/ just did a little digging, and likely translations of the 3 villains are Thales, Solon (as Vincent wrote) and Clonia, as all three are Greek figures. Thales and Solon were actual people, both statesmen and philosophers, while Clonia was a mythological nymph. Seems like a decent naming theme, especially considering how it's the fake/mythological one who get's killed off by her own team. 

As much as they like their naming themes, Clonia doesn't quite work, when it totally could have. Unless the greek pronunciation is weird or something.

Edited by Cysx

3 minutes ago, Cysx said:

I'm kind of impressed, that... sounds pretty good. A bit too restrictive even, but I was already imagining how strong a 20 uses per chapter 1-2 range prf was going to be, and... I'm kinda glad we've apparently avoided that? I know some people wanted it, but, 20 per chapter? That was way too much, you'd be able to use it 99% of the time outside of solos.

So, an additional thing to do on the already pretty stacked weekends will be to do nothing so that your Relics get fixed. It's gonna be tough to choose between all of the options we know of.

As much as they like their naming themes, Clonia doesn't quite work, when it totally could have. Unless the greek pronunciation is weird or something.

It's also written (and pronounced) as Klonie, and the root of the name is kloneô or wildly-rushing, which definitely seems to fit the character.

https://www.theoi.com/Nymphe/NympheKlonie.html

I always figured there would be 6 Saints; due to the 6 figures surrounding Seiros in the mural; maybe there two on the far sides were just not meant to be counted? The bearer of the final Saint crest will be some sort of Adrestian higher up for sure but maybe a close advisor to the Emperor; probably an even someone with malicious intent?

Marianne's crest has something to do with Edelgard's; either they both share the same crest due to Edel's Hero Relic; or some sort of experimentation gave Marianne a crest and caused her to look quite distressed like she tends to do.

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I always figured there would be 6 Saints; due to the 6 figures surrounding Seiros in the mural; maybe there two on the far sides were just not meant to be counted? The bearer of the final Saint crest will be some sort of Adrestian higher up for sure but maybe a close advisor to the Emperor; probably an even someone with malicious intent?

Marianne's crest has something to do with Edelgard's; either they both share the same crest due to Edel's Hero Relic; or some sort of experimentation gave Marianne a crest and caused her to look quite distressed like she tends to do.

A bit random and impulsive, but I think that the last two remaining Saints may be the two male villains Famitsu just revealed today. I've little to no 'real' evidence of my claims, but based on the actual fact that both Thales and Solon (? I think that's what they're called) appear in the February direct as well as in the E3 2019 trailer with crests of their own, I'd say that they conserve enough plot-relevance to be considered major figures to the point of being former-Saints, perhaps.

Of course, other than the idea that they both have their own crests, I don't have any more evidence as to back up my claim, and could very well be wrong. :')

But I am sure of one thing: the 6 Saint figures couldn't have been a meager coincidence. As we've already noted with the UK Special Edition reveal (Steelbook and Byleth's Crest), they are illustrated there for a reason.

Edited by The Real MC
Misspell

3 minutes ago, The Real MC said:

A bit random and impulsive, but I think that the last two remaining Saints may be the two male villains Famitsu just revealed today. I've little to no 'real' evidence of my claims, but based on the actual fact that both Thales and Solon (? I think that's what they're called) appear in the February direct as well as in the E3 2019 trailer with crests of their own, I'd say that they conserve enough plot-relevance to be considered major figures to the point of being former-Saints, perhaps.

Of course, other than the idea that they both have their own crests, I don't have any more evidence as to back up my claim, and could very well be wrong. :')

But I am sure of one thing: the 6 Saint figures couldn't have been a meager coincidence. As we've already noted with the UK Special Edition reveal (Steelbook and Byleth's Crest), they are illustrated there for a reason.

The only reason I'm jumping the gun and saying there are only 4 is because there are only 4 statues and alongside the Crest of Seiros the other 4 Saint's Crests are placed at the top of the circle.

Very interesting that all of the crests from the 10 Elites are with students from the Blue Lions and Golden Deer, and none from Adrestia. Except for Mercedes, who is notably some kind of refugee from Adrestia.

There must be some plot relevance to that. Is Adrestia historically the baddies? Or the opposite, and the Elites weren't so Great to begin with? No wonder Edelgard thinks the crests are to blame...

Also I'm starting to wonder if the initial info we got on Felix wasn't a typo. He's literally the only character in the game outside of the protagonist who starts with a major crest??

2 minutes ago, Lynsanity said:

Very interesting that all of the crests from the 10 Elites are with students from the Blue Lions and Golden Deer, and none from Adrestia. Except for Mercedes, who is notably some kind of refugee from Adrestia.

There must be some plot relevance to that. Is Adrestia historically the baddies? Or the opposite, and the Elites weren't so Great to begin with? No wonder Edelgard thinks the crests are to blame...

Also I'm starting to wonder if the initial info we got on Felix wasn't a typo. He's literally the only character in the game outside of the protagonist who starts with a major crest??

I would imagine the reason Adrestia has all the saints' crest is because of the fact Adrestia seems to have been the og kingdom where Seiros set up before the continent split into the three main factions so Seiros probably showed a bit more bias for Adrestian royals.

13 minutes ago, Azz said:

I would imagine the reason Adrestia has all the saints' crest is because of the fact Adrestia seems to have been the og kingdom where Seiros set up before the continent split into the three main factions so Seiros probably showed a bit more bias for Adrestian royals.

Over time bearers of other crests thought they deserved just as much rule as the descendants of the Saints had; so they split from the Saint's rule; Leicester and Faerghus then had some dominion or land issues which forced them apart but the other 2 splitting from Adrestia does seem as though it was through the descendants of the 10 Elites rising up and gaining independence.

Well I guess that's it for today until probably the 2nd week of July which could be the last issue before the release and honestly we know probably enough of the game so it'll likely mention the romance in the timeskip with the bonuses to it(unique Avatar x Lover paralouges PLEASE!) and the last set of character profiles of anyone's guess besides the instructors and a mini summary one on the release week. I would say "it's been fun" but I'll say it at that time!

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

2 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Well I guess that's it for today until probably the 2nd week of July which could be the last issue before the release and honestly we know probably enough of the game so it'll likely mention the romance in the timeskip with the bonuses to it(unique Avatar x Lover paralouges PLEASE!) and the last set of character profiles of anyone's guess besides the instructors and a mini summary one on the release week. I would say "it's been fun" but I'll say it at that time!

I kind of don't want to know anymore tbh; after Leonie's bio on Friday I might just stop following news(as much as everyone on Serenes will miss me lol)

15 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

Shouldn't the next issues be on the first and third weeks of July?

I don't think there's anything keeping them from being on those dates, so probably. Personally, I hope we see all of the Advanced classes before the game is out, but preferably not any Master classes.

Edit: Don't know what happened there.

Edited by BastienSoul

22 minutes ago, Druplesnubb said:

So the Serenes Forest summary of the article doesn't mention anything about the blurbs next tot the three leaders. Do they reveal any new information about them?

Nope. Just "hm, we wonder what's going on with them" fluff.

3 hours ago, Lynsanity said:

I thought so too but there's footage where Felix triggers his crest and it just says "Crest of Fraldarius". But when Mercedes triggers hers, it's "Minor Crest of Lamine".

This is in the Treehouse and King of Beasts footage, I believe.